Capcom - stop avoiding a re2 remake!

#11edward18Posted 2/1/2013 1:08:22 PM

It could, and was going to be a lot better.

Wasn't going to be A LOT better, just better.

There is a reason why Barry and Rebecca both appeared in Mercenaries Reunion. It's because they already had models designed for 5.

...I thought those models were just ripped from Remake.

In early production, they were gonna bring back both Barry and Rebecca for a big S.T.A.R.S face off against Wesker with Chris and Jill, but was scrapped later down the line.

...and where may I ask did you get this info?...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#12MisterSpliffPosted 2/1/2013 2:20:53 PM
edward18 posted...

...I thought those models were just ripped from Remake.

Youd wish that were true if you saw what they did to Rebecca =[
---
PSN: x-Spliph-x
#13edward18Posted 2/1/2013 2:23:20 PM
...what'd they do? o_O she looks the same to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#14saberstromPosted 2/1/2013 2:24:26 PM
the first remake was perfect. re2 remake will most likely be just as good.
#15Candy__GirlPosted 2/2/2013 2:41:13 AM(edited)
edward18 posted...
the story for 5's fine

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you Ed but I'm surprised you would say this. I know you hate four. To each his own. But five? Five had the potential for Chris and Jill to get closure. Instead it was Chris and Sheva, a character who didn't have any history with Wesker and kept going on about 'fallen brothers.' Wait B****. You weren't even there. You don't know! Hand that damn rocket launcher to the blond and let her pull the trigger and then make out with Chris on the ride back.

So... Why do you think five was fine? I'm really curious.
#16good_tobiPosted 2/2/2013 3:31:05 AM
Jack_Ryder_2013 posted...
I guess if they do reboot we will end up with a new re2 either way

reboot =/= remake

so forget about retelling the same old story or even RE2 remake.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#17pho3nix90Posted 2/2/2013 4:31:15 AM
They'll just mess it up, they clearly don't know what to do with RE anymore
---
PSN: Phoenix90
#18Neutron15Posted 2/2/2013 4:49:39 AM(edited)
I want a RE 2 or 3 remake with revelations controls, also here is a footage of Revelations (console/pc ver.): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D1d52igop4 (0:08-0:43) , I want the next RE to continue with this gameplay instead of 6's gameplay
---
The Cycle Of Hatred Can Never Be Broken
Jigoku , Futakomori , Mitsuganae
#19NoHopeLegendPosted 2/2/2013 7:20:51 AM
If a remake happens then it will probably be done in the co-op "Third-person Shooter" game style we have now, as supposed to a "Survival Horror" game, but more simular to Resident Evil 6's multiple campaign choice. Most of the areas would have to be expanded from the originals to increase the quality of action.

Rebecca and Billy's Campaign
Chris and Jill's Campaign
Leon and Claire's Campaign
Jill and Carlos's Campaign
Hunk and Lone Wolf's Campaign (DLC)
Ada's Campaign (DLC, single player only)
#20desi_shinobiPosted 2/2/2013 8:27:59 AM
If they do a RE2 remake then I personally feel they should do it with high definition pre-rendered backgrounds, highly detailed character/enemy models and extend the game and make it longer and bigger because RE2 can be completed in 1h25mins (well that's my record anyway, some people probably did it in less).

They need to keep the same soundtrack but also bring in additional tracks and bring in more enemies.

Mr.X should be made bigger aswell, compared to the Tyrants in Damnation, he just seems less of a threat. But I suppose it's been 15 years and they made tyrants more deadly and bigger over time.

Control scheme should be modernised though, screw having tank controls again.

That's my opinion on it.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi