Now other RE producer says the opposite of what was said yesterday.

#21NightTerrorX99Posted 2/1/2013 7:04:27 PM
edward18 posted...
I highly doubt that.

I understand your sentiments, but why are you responding with questions to an interview nobody on this board can answer for? You could have just posted a well thought out paragraph or two which shows tour organized thoughts about what was said into the interview. Unless you really are baiting someone to try and defend them.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3998 2670 7555
#22edward18Posted 2/1/2013 7:18:44 PM
I'm just stating my thoughts on the thing.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#23JackalfoxPosted 2/1/2013 7:54:43 PM
Sounds to me like they were talking more about having the wonky camera angles than they were about having horror and resource conservation. Personally, I want them to keep using the over-the-shoulder third-person perspective, just with similar horror/RC as the older games.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360), Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
#24FallenBluePosted 2/1/2013 8:33:05 PM
I'll admit I didn't read too carefully, but is he really backtracking?

At least in terms of the current RE world, I think it would be somewhat difficult to go back to the series' roots. Umbrella and bioterrorism have become widely known, and an international task force was formed to specifically combat them, let alone what individual countries have done. At this point, any civilian who sees anything freaky going on is going to go "oh crud, it's a bioweapon."

On the other hand, if they were to do a reboot, then it would be easier for them to have unprepared characters being caught and chased by undead and other unknowns.
#25tevin1569Posted 2/1/2013 8:55:29 PM
A reboot would be dumb. And I'm happy they're backing off, I wanted to cry yesterday. They will figure it out, RE6 was a step in the right direction, adding more atmosphere compared to 5.. I think the next game will have the survival feel. I believe in you Capcom! No matter how many people call you Crapcom...I will always believe in you. Now put Jill in RE6 please. And maybe Excella, cause I loved her.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#26kronos96Posted 2/1/2013 9:13:28 PM
I don't think any reasonable person would expect Capcom to go back to old camera angles and tank controls, You'd have to be a moron to expect or want that. That's in the past. As someone who loved the older games i have no problem with that.

What should not be in the past is the atmosphere of older games. They went from one extreme to the other. They need to find a common ground. The right balance between action and horror. And it can be done. Leon's campaign is proof of that.

They know how to make a great RE game, they have all those years of experience. The problem is that Capcom is driven by greed. If they had to choose between an amazing, epic RE game that sells 3 million or a mediocre shooter that sells 6 , they'll go with the later.

They alienated the fanbase too much this time. After the RE6 backlash they have to reconsider the whole idea. Hopefully they find the right balance.
#27Leekazama92Posted 2/2/2013 12:16:47 AM
I would hope they include an improved movement and controls that are in RE6 rather than RE:REV and have the enemies be custom fit to that play style. Zombies should be a threat but your mobility should be able to one up them(something that's in every RE) but they should be as difficult as the Zombies in REmake as to not make the players mobility not too OP. Hunters, Lickers, etc. Should be able screw the rules here and there and have to force to player to learn how to really be mobile and take down enemies without losing too much health.

Just my thoughts on controls. Based on what I've seen of RE:REV and Part of Leon's Campaign in 6 they can get the atmosphere back to how it was somewhat. i do think REmake should be what Capcom needs to look at when making new REs and taking elements from others games to see how they fit.
#28XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 2/2/2013 12:31:42 AM
tevin1569 posted...
A reboot would be dumb. And I'm happy they're backing off, I wanted to cry yesterday. They will figure it out, RE6 was a step in the right direction, adding more atmosphere compared to 5.. I think the next game will have the survival feel. I believe in you Capcom! No matter how many people call you Crapcom...I will always believe in you. Now put Jill in RE6 please. And maybe Excella, cause I loved her.

Lol no offense but you're starting to sound like a troll even though I know you're not one.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#29desi_shinobiPosted 2/2/2013 7:11:39 AM
Sounds good to me. **** having a reboot, I like direction they are heading. We don't need to go back to the old school style. If they want to make it more like Revelations then fair enough but at least keep the control scheme from RE6
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#30DigimonTrainerPosted 2/2/2013 7:44:49 AM
Albert1285 posted...
"I think it's very difficult to literally go back to our roots on that and take gameplay mechanics and styles that we did fifteen years ago and redo them now," Kawata told PS3T. "Revelations' goal was to go back to the series' roots in terms of the content and horror, while at the same time trying to modernise the gameplay, because we think that's what gamers want."

We want a remake of RE2, not a reboot. Why do they constantly talk about the gameplay mechanics and changing it? We don't want it changed or modernized.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(