Now other RE producer says the opposite of what was said yesterday.

#31PhaildPosted 2/2/2013 9:37:48 AM
edward18 posted...
loading times have nothing to do with gameplay

REmake says hi.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / 17 days and Rising
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#32edward18Posted 2/2/2013 10:35:51 AM
Um...hi? What about it?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#33PhaildPosted 2/2/2013 11:27:53 AM
I could tell you, but it's more fun to make you wonder.
---
#34edward18Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:25 AM
....I'm not gonna wonder since it's not part of the gameplay. It's a loading screen.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#35PhaildPosted 2/2/2013 11:40:10 AM
I remember when loading screens were used to load things.
---
#36YukitoRamboPosted 2/2/2013 11:40:23 AM
Words can't describe the amount of rage this is causing me.

Kawata's been inconsistent in his statements before, but I think this is the first time he backpaddled hard on them. Perhaps the execs disagree with him and made me retract as to stop giving people any glimmer of hope that RE would be scary again?

LiN sold more than DE, and I see people playing mostly Leon's campaign online in RE6. If REvelations sell a lot as well, and RE still is getting pushed into CoD demographic, that would seriously piss me off.

But I suppose that's all people like me can do, huh? Get pissed over **** we have no control of.

I hope Capcom tanks two more high profile games just to see them suffer. I don't care if they end up merging with some other company that will make them ruin their franchises further(like Namco-Bandai), because they're all already ******* dead.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#37edward18Posted 2/2/2013 11:42:51 AM
I remember when loading screens were used to load things.

...that's what they've always done...
---
#38DigimonTrainerPosted 2/2/2013 12:18:23 PM
YukitoRambo posted...
Words can't describe the amount of rage this is causing me.

Kawata's been inconsistent in his statements before, but I think this is the first time he backpaddled hard on them. Perhaps the execs disagree with him and made me retract as to stop giving people any glimmer of hope that RE would be scary again?

LiN sold more than DE, and I see people playing mostly Leon's campaign online in RE6. If REvelations sell a lot as well, and RE still is getting pushed into CoD demographic, that would seriously piss me off.

But I suppose that's all people like me can do, huh? Get pissed over **** we have no control of.

I hope Capcom tanks two more high profile games just to see them suffer. I don't care if they end up merging with some other company that will make them ruin their franchises further(like Namco-Bandai), because they're all already ******* dead.

Starting the Official RE7 Boycott here and now.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#39Dark_EpathyPosted 2/2/2013 2:17:17 PM
When they say they're going back to their roots, they mean making the game scary and atmospheric. This guy's comments suggest, at least to me, that they won't go back in terms of mechanics. We'll get the atmosphere back, but we'll continue to move forward in terms of design.

....I'm not gonna wonder since it's not part of the gameplay. It's a loading screen.

Loading screens are falling out of fashion, especially the ones from classic RE that were in-between all the rooms. They break immersion and slow down the game--which is the point, yes, but people get annoyed by that when you mix it in with a lot of backtracking.

So, while loading screens are not part of gameplay, they affect it greatly.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#40lopy81Posted 2/2/2013 2:38:04 PM
Ill be happy if 7 drops this shambles of a storyline. Get it back to a single setting and no more bsaa and no more Leon or ada. Ditch co-op too. The thing that annoys me most is the absolutely stupid idea of introducing doors that need both characters to open. I must have opened thousands of doors myself and I'm not even a government agent!
---
---
Psn : sd070109