Weird combat knife trick....

#21tevin1569Posted 2/3/2013 12:43:25 PM
GP-02 posted...
Does anyone have a video of this.I have been trying to figure this out since i found the topic and i get the same old knife slashes.no stabs:(

Aim, click back on the left stick while hitting the fire button, you have to do it fast and at the same time, so aim, then click back on the left stick while pressing fire.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#22GP-02Posted 2/3/2013 12:53:27 PM
Finally got it to work.It's so awesome,Thanks!
#23tevin1569Posted 2/3/2013 12:58:05 PM
GP-02 posted...
Finally got it to work.It's so awesome,Thanks!

No problem.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#24SolidStryderPosted 2/3/2013 1:01:30 PM
therapgamedude posted...
SolidStryder posted...
therapgamedude posted...
AndyDono posted...
Hey I was the Chris (SaebaRyoXYZ) who stun lock you with the combat knife XD.

It was a tight space, by myself only. Try me with more j'avos teaming up. I promise I'll finish you off. I have over player 80 kills.

And yeah nice knife trick, it was indeed useful.

Careful guys, we got a badass over here!

Would you like to try me?

Do you even lift?
#25CrimzonHeadPosted 2/3/2013 1:07:42 PM
therapgamedude posted...
SolidStryder posted...
therapgamedude posted...
AndyDono posted...
Hey I was the Chris (SaebaRyoXYZ) who stun lock you with the combat knife XD.

It was a tight space, by myself only. Try me with more j'avos teaming up. I promise I'll finish you off. I have over player 80 kills.

And yeah nice knife trick, it was indeed useful.

Would you like to try me?

---
"The WiiU launch was herald by many as the best console launch since the Dreamcast." - _Sovereign_
Don't be scared homie
#26AndyDonoPosted 2/3/2013 2:06:59 PM
GP-02 posted...
Does anyone have a video of this.I have been trying to figure this out since i found the topic and i get the same old knife slashes.no stabs:(.Or more tips,perhaps?

Here's a even easier way of doing it.

Press and hold L1, then to proceed to click R1 and pull down L. analog stick at the same time. After the first successful stab continue to press and hold L1 and R1, but repeat pulling down the L. analog stick over and over again for as long as you desire. The speed of the stabbing motion is determined on how fast you continuously pull it down.

There are also 2 different methods of setting up for the stab motion, which are often less risky, but requires stamina.

1) Quick-shot* (pressing L1 and R1 simultaneously), continue to press and hold L1 and R1, but continue to pull down the L. analog stick over and over again

2)Press hold L1 (basically aim) and then simultaneously press R1 and push up on the L. analog stick. Your character with the knife will lunge forward while doing a knife swipe, however just before that animation ends repeat the pull down L. analog stick method.

*Keep in mind with Chris' combat knife doing the stab attack right after the quick shot is little bit trickier. You'll have to time the down L. analog stick after the second swipe. If you do it too earlier or too late Chris will simply continue doing regular knife swings instead of the stabbing one.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#27icantseePosted 2/3/2013 2:19:05 PM
All of these little details, tips, and tricks are so nice to find. The developers did put a lot of thought into the game.

Instead of people playing more and trying different things to find them, we have a bunch of idiot players who rush through the game in less than a week. Then they return the game and come here and complain that the game development was rushed.
---
RE5 and 3DS Mercs fan
#28The_BojanglerPosted 2/6/2013 3:28:50 PM
My favorite thing about the combat knife and quickshot damage increase skill...

Do a quickshot with the combat knife on a regular zombie while they are about to swing/lunge at you...

If you time it right and can hit them with one of the quickshot slashes before they hit you, you can also immediately counter them for +10sec if you are spamming R1.

Its difficult for me to do on purpose, it usually happens when I am just going @pe$h!t spamming the knife...

I get like 2-5 of these counters randomly per round and it feels great.