Be careful what you wish for..

#1m100t1sPosted 2/2/2013 8:12:19 AM
Keep sending feedbacks to Capcom about RE2 REmake and show them the fans support, And they will probably screw Resident Evil 2 up. It'll be Capcom's biggest mistake in years if they messed up an original RE game.
#2largerockPosted 2/2/2013 8:16:58 AM
That is what I am extremely afraid of.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#3desi_shinobiPosted 2/2/2013 9:10:30 AM
As long it's done in the same vein as REmake1 then it's all good but with updated controls.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#4ZeeDoggePosted 2/2/2013 9:28:12 AM
If it controls like RE2, then bleh

If it has RE6 controls and metroidvania, meh

If it has RE6 controls and a true open world, weeee!!!
#5juggernaut1001Posted 2/2/2013 9:43:58 AM
I for one have been wanting a RE2 REmake in the same vein of the RE1 REmake as soon as it came out. To me RE2 was the best of the original games. Just re-do the graphics and cut scenes and I'm all in.
#6GoldsicklePosted 2/2/2013 10:15:20 AM
RE2 remake with co-op, intersection, over-the-shoulder camera, plus walk-and-shoot?

I'm sold.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7Neutron15Posted 2/2/2013 10:17:16 AM
Revelations Style or Remake/Zero Style for me
---
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
#8Coryo61827Posted 2/2/2013 1:42:37 PM
I always look at it this way. Just cause a remake of resident evil 2 is made, all original resident evil 2 games won't magically disappear. This is one of those things where you have nothing to lose. If they do a good job, then awesome, if not, well we will still have the original to go back to and play.

I'm just praying that they wake up and realize all the stupid mistakes they made for the series lately.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9Ertrick36Posted 2/2/2013 3:38:03 PM
I honestly don't think they can RE2 REmake so badly that it would deserve anything lower than a seven-out-of-ten. I mean come on, they've got the plot, setting, characters, and some of the other horrific aspects of RE2; the only things they can screw up are the gameplay, graphics, and possibly soundtrack. I can see RE2 REmake's gameplay being pretty good if they implement some of the finer points of the later RE games into it while still making it "survival horror". They don't need to make every RE game have the same dramatic camera angles and tank controls that the earlier ones did, and if anything that would, if anything, derail the series. We can love the past and cherish it always, but we cannot move backwards in time; Capcom needs to learn to create games that are still horrifying and fun while still improving upon the gameplay and story. Maybe with RE2 REmake, they can still use tank controls and dramatic camera angles because that's how the original was, but future games cannot have these two aspects of the RE series.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#10Diablo56789Posted 2/2/2013 3:46:07 PM
Just fix the graphics and add new gameplay bits to the game and it should be good.

REmake was amazing and it was not much more than a graphics update with new gameplay mechanics (Crimson Heads)
---
Sometimes I like to kneel down. Put my arms around my knee's and lean foward. Why? Cause that's how I roll
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS