Excuse me, but what was so bad about "Wonky" Camera Angles?

#1ShinWeskerPosted 2/2/2013 9:50:12 AM
Never ever had ANY trouble with the old camera style in RE1-3, CV.

I could S-Rank RE2 with no problem, I finished them all in any difficulty setting.

The fixed camera sure wouldn't work with Co-Op, and I am not saying we should go back to those but really? There was nothing wrong with them, they added to the atmosphere and scares. Seeing only the zombies leg in a small room was a genius idea with the camera angles.

And I Aiming was ok too once they added Auto-Aim with R1, it would give you more sense on your ammo and you would count the shots and what not. Now, it's too much like rambo.

I still enjoyed RE6 though, good game, but not the best.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2GoldsicklePosted 2/2/2013 10:12:34 AM
I could A-rank Code Veronica but the crap camera is still bad because there's nothing better than visually confirming what's ahead of you and being able to see where you're aiming.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3kronos96Posted 2/2/2013 10:13:53 AM
Not inmmersive enough. I loved the old camera angles but over the shoulder is better IMO.
#4PyroSparkPosted 2/2/2013 11:09:54 AM
Worst camera angles in the history of gaming.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#5edward18Posted 2/2/2013 11:17:24 AM
No idea what was wrong with em. Always seemed fine to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6bluerulerPosted 2/2/2013 11:27:27 AM
It was fine, but its dated now
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#7Hewie3Posted 2/2/2013 11:29:27 AM
They were different & fun & never hindered me in any way. If you got into deep trouble because of them, it's your own fault considering the game gave you 100 hints if there were any monsters in the room.

This OVS thing ruins a lot for me. It yells "shooter" too much. Granted, that's what the series had become since 4. But whatever. Can't get everything especially in today's gaming which is all of the same.
---
If you're going to make a big deal over everything, don't do it around me.
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#8PhaildPosted 2/2/2013 12:14:25 PM
There was nothing bad about 8-bit graphics either.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / 17 days and Rising
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#9edward18Posted 2/2/2013 12:17:02 PM
I never liked 8-Bit graphics myself.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/2/2013 12:18:42 PM
Phaild posted...
There was nothing bad about 8-bit graphics either.

That's why people still use them.

Fixed camera's are trash, no one uses them anymore.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang