The Lies within Resident Evil

#21ZeeDoggePosted 2/2/2013 10:16:49 PM
Alky88 posted...
shagohad3 posted...
"The truth about Raccoon city."

Um...what truth? That the outbreak was caused by a paranoid scientist, a trigger happy Spec ops guy and some rats?

No, the truth about the US government's involvement with Umbrella and their experiments. That's one of the reasons why Simmons causes the outbreak in Tall Oaks.

Especially bad considering Raccoon City is the 911 of the RE world.
#22shagohad3Posted 2/2/2013 10:41:47 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
Alky88 posted...
shagohad3 posted...

Um...what truth? That the outbreak was caused by a paranoid scientist, a trigger happy Spec ops guy and some rats?

No, the truth about the US government's involvement with Umbrella and their experiments. That's one of the reasons why Simmons causes the outbreak in Tall Oaks.

What involvement? Unless I missed something in RE6, the only reason the US government got involved was Birkin tried to have them get him out of Raccoon but the message got intercepted by Umbrella first.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#23Dark_EpathyPosted 2/2/2013 11:58:21 PM
What I took from it is that, had the President divulged all of the information about the Raccoon City incident, the United States' credibility in regards to bio-terrorism (which had become a global issue) would have shot down drastically.

What I still don't understand is why he went through all that trouble if he was only interested in killing the President. Was the Tall Oaks outbreak a means to mask the assassination?
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#24ZeeDoggePosted 2/3/2013 12:29:19 AM
shagohad3 posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
Alky88 posted...
shagohad3 posted...

What involvement? Unless I missed something in RE6, the only reason the US government got involved was Birkin tried to have them get him out of Raccoon but the message got intercepted by Umbrella first.

Nope, the US government was involved in Umbrella's bioweapons research(it's heavily implied in the cutscenes, and confirmed in the data files). One of the objectives of nuking Raccoon was hiding all evidence of US involvement. Simmons nuked Tall Oaks for the same reason. So if this got out, it would be like the US government saying it was behind 911