Dead Space 3 vs RE: Revelations (2013's best horror game?)

#1DanteAwakeninPosted 2/3/2013 10:36:14 AM
I honestly never thought I could say this, But I think RE: Revelations will be the first modern RE game that is actually better than a Dead Space game.

I just beated Dead Space 3, What a disappointed in all aspects as a Dead Space game. It was fun, But it wasn't scary at all.

You don't feel the atmosphere anymore, Dead Space 3 really doesn't feel as a horror game, I think that DS3 developers wanted to reach RE5,6,ORC sales numbers when they were developing DS3.
DS1 was the scariest DS game. DS2 was scary too but not as much as DS1. And DS3 is just... ugh..

I could've called that they were slowly turning DS into an action game ever since DS2. Now with DS3, They're basically doing what's wrong with RE5-6.

The co-op (It kills the horror even thought you can play the game off-line, You won't get the full experience with the story unless you played it with AI partner, And the game itself on off-line isn't scary, Co-op just makes the game worse)
And enemies with guns and removing the atmosphere levels and other stuff made DS3 sucks.

Anyway, I played RE: Revelations on the 3DS and I'm going to play it again on my PS3, imo I think that RE:R (the ported 3DS game) will be much better than the consoles game Dead Space 3.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#2FallenBluePosted 2/3/2013 10:38:33 AM
I think the progression from horror to action is only natural, especially if you keep using the same characters or world.

At some point they're going to get used to it and start carrying copious amounts of ammunition and cutting tools wherever they go.
#3ZeeDoggePosted 2/3/2013 10:39:27 AM
This topic is boring
#4edward18Posted 2/3/2013 10:39:55 AM
All I know is Rayman Origins shoulda been Game of the Year in the year it was released.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5SolidStryderPosted 2/3/2013 10:41:42 AM
Revelations isn't a 2013 game.
#6DanteAwakenin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:41:42 AM
This topic is boring

why =D
---
#7ZeeDoggePosted 2/3/2013 10:53:20 AM
DanteAwakenin posted...
This topic is boring

why =D

It doesn't even involve RE6, so there's no drama potential. I'll go bump my much more dramatic topic
#8DanteAwakenin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:54:27 AM
DanteAwakenin posted...
This topic is boring

why =D

It doesn't even involve RE6, so there's no drama potential. I'll go bump my much more dramatic topic

You're right.
---
#9bluerulerPosted 2/3/2013 11:13:04 AM
DanteAwakenin posted...
DanteAwakenin posted...
This topic is boring

why =D

You're right.

RE6 > DS3

Then again, we are on the resident evil 6 board...
---
Without Inspiration We Are Nothing More Than Statues
#10MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/3/2013 11:30:15 AM
Metal Gear Rising > whatever you guys are talking about
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm