Dead Space 3 vs RE: Revelations (2013's best horror game?)

#31DreamCast_RocksPosted 2/3/2013 9:05:33 PM
Dead Space 1 was so disappointing I never even cared about the sequels. Unbelievably limited enemy variation, repetitive gameplay, and the combat system was so simple (freeze/cut or just shoot) that it makes RE4 look complicated. And scary? I wouldn't have minded other things if the game was half scary as people say it to be. 70% cheap jump scares, 30% 'I-won't-kill-myself-until-you-approach' people. Honestly, even RE5 gave me more horrifying moments. Chased by hoards of crazy people trying to kill you in the broad daylight with all sorts of attacks was way scarier than trying too hard but easily killed polystyrene monsters.
#32Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/3/2013 9:08:00 PM
sbn4 posted...
Dead Space 3.

Revelations is not only mediocre, but it isn't a horror game.

And DS3 is?

Adding monsters to a piss poor Uncharted 2 wannabe?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#33tevin1569Posted 2/3/2013 9:14:18 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
sbn4 posted...
Dead Space 3.

And DS3 is?

The demo... I felt Uncharted 2 too...don't know why.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#34sbn4Posted 2/3/2013 9:22:36 PM
Have you played DS3? Because I haven't. What are you basing your judgement on? I'm willing to give a new game a try over a game that I didn't like in the first place.

Not to mention, I feel DS3 will be the better game overall.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#35tevin1569Posted 2/3/2013 9:24:41 PM
sbn4 posted...
Have you played DS3? Because I haven't. What are you basing your judgement on? I'm willing to give a new game a try over a game that I didn't like in the first place.

Not to mention, I feel DS3 will be the better game overall.

I was basing my judgement on the demo. And saying what it reminded me of..I'm not saying it's going to be Uncharted 2...I was saying it reminded me of it.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#36Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/3/2013 9:25:19 PM
It really won't, if you didn't think Rev was horror, You certainly won't think it of DS3.

It has straight up gunfights with normal humans, and one of the bosses is a Mining Drill.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#37sbn4Posted 2/3/2013 9:31:26 PM
Revelations not being horror was the least of my concerns for the game. I didn't think Revelations was fun period. I thought it was really bland and got too much credit for being a successful blend of the two styles. It tried, but did neither well. Jill was not only not nice to look at, but she was also extremely boring Quint, Keith, Parker, and Chris were the only highlights for me.

I have a feeling DS3 will at least be an enjoyable ride with some nice set pieces. And co-op could potentially add to the experience. I haven't played the demo myself, but I'll probably pick it up on Tuesday.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#38Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/3/2013 9:34:50 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...
sbn4 posted...
Dead Space 3.

And DS3 is?

The demo... I felt Uncharted 2 too...don't know why.

The opening was a direct ripoff, except they added QTE's.
---
#39Ryan-06Posted 2/6/2013 3:10:57 AM
DreamCast_Rocks posted...
Dead Space 1 was so disappointing I never even cared about the sequels. Unbelievably limited enemy variation, repetitive gameplay, and the combat system was so simple (freeze/cut or just shoot) that it makes RE4 look complicated. And scary? I wouldn't have minded other things if the game was half scary as people say it to be. 70% cheap jump scares, 30% 'I-won't-kill-myself-until-you-approach' people. Honestly, even RE5 gave me more horrifying moments. Chased by hoards of crazy people trying to kill you in the broad daylight with all sorts of attacks was way scarier than trying too hard but easily killed polystyrene monsters.

Nope.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#40Syn_VengeancePosted 2/6/2013 3:31:39 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
It really won't, if you didn't think Rev was horror, You certainly won't think it of DS3.

It has straight up gunfights with normal humans, and one of the bosses is a Mining Drill.

Im on the 8th chapter of dead space 3 and only encountered a couple gun fights with humans in chapter 1 and it made sense with the story since... spoilers

you are being chased by people who want you dead for destroying the markers in 1 & 2. Since then i have only fought necromorphs, also as a long time RE fan i think DS3 is better then both RE6 & RE REV