RE + GTA= RE Reboot possibilty

#1moonlithunterPosted 2/3/2013 11:17:40 AM
Not only could this be extremely cool IF- and I cannot put enough emphasis on the word "IF" Capcom- executed correctly, but could easily garner game of the year awards.

Consider the layout of a sandbox game and the unique strengths each member would bring to the table.

Feeling like playing around with the dark side? Imagine playing as Albert Wesker- post T-virus injection. It would be like playing prototype that doesn't suck!

Throw in a base of Operations, customizable weapons and wardrobe and the possibility of romance between certain characters (Because there will always be rumors) and you easily have Game of Year material.

IF Capcom did it right.
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2DanteAwakeninPosted 2/3/2013 11:19:29 AM
I'm pretty sure they meant an open-worlded Raccoon City, They didn't mean an open-world like GTA and such.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#3ZeeDoggePosted 2/3/2013 11:21:00 AM
Good idea, but no story reboot. I actually salivate of the thought of RE6 gameplay in open world(especially Wesker style combat!!!). Who knows, maybe they can put actual real survival stuff like food and water and infection
#4NemeksisPosted 2/3/2013 11:25:42 AM
I wouldn't mind a open world zombie survival game in a destroyed city, that could work if it was designed and implemented the right way.
#5edward18Posted 2/3/2013 11:27:12 AM
Reboots shouldn't happen.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6SolidStryderPosted 2/3/2013 11:27:45 AM
Will make sure to check the back seat after each carjacking.
#7NemeksisPosted 2/3/2013 11:30:29 AM
edward18 posted...
Reboots shouldn't happen.

I agree and disagree at the same time, ideally they shouldn't happen, but just look at the state of the RE canon right now, the plot is a mess with tons of holes and inconsistencies and stupid stuff happening left and right, there's no way out unless you erase everything and start from zero.
#8edward18Posted 2/3/2013 11:31:14 AM
Uh...yeah there is a way. Just start explaining crap.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#9NemeksisPosted 2/3/2013 11:33:08 AM
Some of the stuff they made up post Code Veronica is so stupid that the more you explain the worse it will get.
#10edward18Posted 2/3/2013 11:33:56 AM
At least they'd explain it. The worst I've seen is The Family when they already have The Organization to talk about.
---