official Ryan-06/Julia Voth thread

#11SolidStryder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:01:25 PM
sbn4 posted...
There were reasons given for why she became blond in the game. Not to mention it is the same face as brunette Jill (Julia) but just with different hair color. I mean BSAA Jill was hot, but there was something about Jill being blond and in a battlesuit that worked for me.

I had heard it was, no idea why she looked so different to me but she just did as a blonde. Probably just my brunette bias but it just stuck out so much the first time I saw her. Don't remember hearing anything specific about her change in hair color during the game, I'll dive back into the lore later on, just seemed so out if the strange at first lol
#12sbn4Posted 2/3/2013 9:37:55 PM
A computer file mentions Wesker's experiments lightened her skin and hair.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#13IlDankoPosted 2/3/2013 9:55:57 PM
I want a redhead jill for the next game she appears on
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#14GoldsicklePosted 2/3/2013 11:10:18 PM
The "games are art" crap are usually spouted and orally wet-farted by people who are never involved in game-developing.

Even in my experience drawing and animating sprites for games, my art has to fit the game, not the other way around.

Also, what's most important in game development is the coding and programming.
"Art and expression" has a lower priority.

And even the developers who believe that games are art has to come to terms that it's all in the programming and that they're in deep s*** if the games they make don't sell.
They can't go saying "it's all the consumer's fault because they don't understand my game", can they?

People like Hideo Kojima, Atsushi Inaba, Fumito Ueda & Shigeru Miyamoto are good examples.
No matter how pretty or "artsy" their games become, they don't get carried away and lose sight of what's important in game-developing.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".