The time has NEVER been better to properly release Resident Evil OUTBREAK!

#1tlcstormzPosted 2/4/2013 2:05:34 AM
This is the perfect solution to the "possible reboot" mystery, the unsatisfactory reviews and sales of Resident Evil 6, and the old school RE fans sadness.

In every way possible.

While I want to be a selfish fanboy and say "the Outbreak characters had more personality than ANY of the main series' characters, thus THEY should be the stars of the reboot" I can't help but be mature about it.............

Releasing another Outbreak game where you have Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Ada, Sherry selectable...uhm...that is like...INSTANT money for Capcom.

Throw in a DLC mode (Mercs???) with Wesker, Barry, Rebecca, Hunk, Sheva, Josh, and Jake and you literally have a record seller on your hands!!!!!

And yes, of course, this new Outbreak styled Resident Evil 7 (or whatever they choose to call it) would solve all of the gripes in the community like voice chat while IN the same room, a slower acting Virus Gauge, better camera angles, and more forgiving "tank controls."

I can't see how this could go wrong! The only way they have a surefire hit is if they do a Resident Evil 2 ReMake or if they some sort of Outbreak ReMake thingy. Those are the best blends of the old nostalgias AND whatever new things they wanna add in (like hand to hand combat, if they refuse to drop that from the franchise).

Anyyyyyyyways...I'm rambling at this point, so let me stop. LOL. Please tell me your thoughts. So excited at all of the possibilities!!!!! :-D
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#2GoldsicklePosted 2/4/2013 5:30:55 AM
No problems at all with another Outbreak game.

Just no awkward aiming and fixed camera.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3ssj_duelistPosted 2/4/2013 5:37:48 AM
3rd person camera though. RE4 controls (tank) to make it less action oriented. Online though so it means live pausing.
#4deadchildPosted 2/4/2013 5:54:35 AM
I miss the hell out of Outbreak
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60bnhoNN91rz0devo1_400.gif
#5MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/4/2013 6:34:44 AM
As long as they fix the horrid inventory system, i'm all for it.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#6PyroSparkPosted 2/4/2013 6:42:04 AM
Goldsickle posted...
No problems at all with another Outbreak game.

Just no awkward aiming and fixed camera.

As long as these requirements are met, I'll buy it. Otherwise, hell no.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#7RekoisCoolPosted 2/4/2013 9:30:43 AM
Eh...I would rather for just an Outbreak File 3 to be made with the original Outbreak characters. The thing that made Outbreak so fun to me is that the survivors were running for their lives to escape the city; not fearless fighting off BOWs. The zombies in Outbreak were actually scary to come across in the large numbers unlike RE6. I remember how frightening it was when the zombies broke into the bar on very hard mode before breaking the door down...man...I miss that game.
#8saberstromPosted 2/4/2013 10:14:03 AM
did anyone kill the elepant? i couldnt, is it even killable?
#9YukitoRamboPosted 2/4/2013 10:14:30 AM
How Outbreak would work with current gen.

1. HDD install means NORMAL load times. I think this is the main factor that killed the game because many people didn't bother getting HDD for their PS2s.

2. Fairer inventory system. Most Outbreak characters only have 4 slots, of which all items occupy 1 regardless of their size(a small key takes as much space as a goddamn shotgun? Get outta here!) It still needs to be as limited though to give challenge and prevent excessive hoarding of items by a single player.

- in my opinion would be best done a la RE4, but this time, both supplies and key items should be kept in the same space.

3. RE4 camera.

4. Free 360 aiming. Since critical-guaranteed-shot skills(Kevin/Alyssa) would be pointless for this aiming system, they would need to find other ways to distinguish between experienced firearms handlers and the common folk. I suggest that they do that by aiming speed and laser/cursor jitter. For example;

- Kevin-type moves faster when aiming. His strong, experienced hands should be able to hold the gun near still when aiming and recoil has minimal effect on him

- Yoko-type moves a bit slower when aiming. She is moderately built and lacks experience firing guns so jitter should be a bit worse than Leon's in RE4, and recoil decreases her rate of fire and increases sway

5. 1-hit headshots with handguns should still be available, but it should be randomized with a critical damage shot. Decrease the area of the head players need to aim to get it(just around forehead level because that's where the brain is), and program the zombies so they randomly stumble down and interrupt players' aim

Personal wish

1. Grenade launchers shouldn't be the only weapon with multiple bullet types! Keep it real and give players at least a choice between standard FMJ(penetrating) and soft/hollow point(single target/more damage) ammo for handguns. Shotgun shells should be available in buckshots and slugs. Tracer rounds would be cool too. And of course, these ammo types should have their unique uses against certain enemy types.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#10Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 12:11:13 PM
Amen. Although I don't think there's ever a bad time to release another Outbreak.