The time has NEVER been better to properly release Resident Evil OUTBREAK!

#11AWorldUnitedPosted 2/4/2013 1:06:50 PM
RekoisCool posted...
Eh...I would rather for just an Outbreak File 3 to be made with the original Outbreak characterse.

like the TC said, that's not being realistic.
#12ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/4/2013 1:16:01 PM
Outbreak fans, check this out:

http://www.projectumbrella.net/forum/Outbreak-Fans-Servers-Might-Be-Given-Away-Future-Contest
#13Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/4/2013 1:42:56 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Outbreak fans, check this out:

http://www.projectumbrella.net/forum/Outbreak-Fans-Servers-Might-Be-Given-Away-Future-Contest

O_O I wonder how much it would cost an individual per month. I sure would be willing to pay something, but I'm in the minority.

I wonder how much trouble it would be for capcom to port Outbreak. Maybe not worth it in their eyes.

Anyway I sure hope any kind of RE online gets released in the future
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#14Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 2:17:12 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
I wonder how much trouble it would be for capcom to port Outbreak. Maybe not worth it in their eyes.

I wish I had a source, but a long while ago I recall someone mentioning Outbreaks only work with those particular servers for some reason. Basically, it would be a colossal pain in the butt for them to port it.

Those reports may be wrong, though.
#15Ertrick36Posted 2/4/2013 11:16:39 PM
RekoisCool posted...
Eh...I would rather for just an Outbreak File 3 to be made with the original Outbreak characters...

The emotional part of my mind tells me this is brilliant. I couldn't agree more about having the RE Outbreak cast star in another game. I loved them all, which is more than I could say for some of the other characters in the RE series (or at least in parts of the series, if that makes any sense). Plus, I really loved the concept of playing a civilian who was just trying to beat all odds and escape the city, whilst uncovering the reality behind the Outbreak and possibly bringing it to the attention of the public if survival was attained. And no, when I say civilian, I do not mean that whiny w**** Ashley Graham; she was obnoxious, and was only a damsel in distress, of which kind I really hate in any medium. What I want is a character who's vulnerable, yet still capable of some form of heroism.

Yet the cognitive part of my brain points out some flaws. First of all, I think the concept of a "File #3" with the original characters is a somewhat outdated and obscure concept. The reason being is that almost a decade has passed since the second Outbreak was released, which was released only about a few months after File #1. What I mean by this is that I don't think they could backpedal the gameplay, graphics, and other mechanics to make it like the old Outbreak. While they are technologically easily capable of doing so, it would make not much sense to downgrade the mechanics of the game. They could make an Outbreak addition that is similar to games like Revelations or RE4 in terms of graphics and gameplay, but I wouldn't deem that a proper "File #3". I don't know, I guess it's just clouded sentiment.

Adding onto that point, if they set the next Outbreak game in the future, there would be a lot of plotholes. Firstly, the last time we saw our civilian heroes (or whatever you want to call them), they escaped Raccoon City (assuming that, of course, the good endings to both Outbreak games held true for all eight characters [personally, I'd think that four gone out with the File #1 ending, and the other four went out with the File #2 ending]). There were not very many hints given as to what the characters were doing after they left, but most of them seemed to have moved past the incident, with only a select few characters actually taking public action against Umbrella after the incident. This, you could argue, would show that most of the characters would be unfit for being a PC in the next Outbreak. But like I said, we hardly know what happened to them; the bridge is very long between Outbreak and RE6, and a lot of holes need to be filled.

And then there are the ages of the characters. I remember that I did a short study of my own when proving a point about the Outbreak characters in an earlier point. I could provide a list of all the ages that I found the characters would have in RE6, as it could be crucial to deciding who would realistically join the next Outbreak if it were set in RE6's timeframe.

Though I'd really like a File #3, it can't be too entirely likely. Still, part of me hopes they do make another Outbreak. I'd be fine with some of the newer additions of the series in gameplay being implemented into it, as long as I got the same characters and same atmosphere; I don't really know how they could screw that up anyway.
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#16Ertrick36Posted 2/4/2013 11:56:03 PM
As I promised in my previous comment, here are the ages of the Outbreak characters in 2013, from youngest to oldest:

Yoko Suzuki - 35

Jim Chapman/Cindy Lenox (same age) - 39

Alyssa Ashcroft - 43 (close to retiring age, but not quite)

Kevin Ryman - 46 (he's reached retirement age for PD, though I know cops who are 60 and still serving)

George Hamilton - 54 (clearly old enough to retire)

Mark Wilkins - 67 (yeah, he was already retired)

David King - Unknown (I estimate his age to be anywhere between 25-50 in the original Outbreak games, so he'd be between 40-65 years old in 2013)

As you can see, only a few are in their thirties and fourties (if you can't count, there are five of them that are in this range). To me, that is the video game/movie/novel standard for capable fighting age if the genre does not involve fantasy (fantasy meaning magical elements like wizards and whatnot; all infections in RE run more along the lines of sci-fi rather than fantasy). Though I assume that the other two confirmed-age characters could still get themselves involved somehow; I'm sure Capcom would find some way to incorporate them or some relatives (don't know if that appeals to fans though).

Still though, if people wanted to see them as they were in Outbreak, they'd better hope for an HD REmake of Outbreak (especially one that has online support).
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#17AWorldUnitedPosted 2/7/2013 8:10:46 PM
Thread Killer.
#18Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 9:05:43 PM
RekoisCool posted...
Eh...I would rather for just an Outbreak File 3 to be made with the original Outbreak characters. The thing that made Outbreak so fun to me is that the survivors were running for their lives to escape the city; not fearless fighting off BOWs. The zombies in Outbreak were actually scary to come across in the large numbers unlike RE6. I remember how frightening it was when the zombies broke into the bar on very hard mode before breaking the door down...man...I miss that game.

Kevin, Mark, David and Alyssa pass as fearless. They were f'ing badasses. George on the otherhand, was a badass in my mind.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#19Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/7/2013 9:37:33 PM
You people do realize the Outbreak games were poorly reviewed and didn't sell well either right?

I don't think the way to fix a wounded series it to dig up some of the worse received games in the series.

What's next? People will demand Gaiden and Survivor Revivals?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#20Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 9:48:06 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
You people do realize the Outbreak games were poorly reviewed and didn't sell well either right?

I don't think the way to fix a wounded series it to dig up some of the worse received games in the series.

What's next? People will demand Gaiden and Survivor Revivals?

Media whore!
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul