The time has NEVER been better to properly release Resident Evil OUTBREAK!

#21Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/7/2013 9:51:06 PM(edited)
Better Idea for RE.

Instead of focusing on what the old fans think, or what the casuals think, or the backlash/hype a reboot would get (Because that worked so well for DmC's sales >_> )

Why don't they just focus on making a good game? Crazy Huh?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#22ex-s_temjinPosted 2/7/2013 10:41:58 PM
Then just make Outbreak: New file.
Part of the charm outbreak has was that it actually stars your ordinary joes thrown into extraordinary circumstances, i feel that throwing in the main cast is just gonna remove that magic of the outbreak games. Maybe as DLC or as NPCs, but not as playable characters.

Or as in Capcom's style, in a new turbo edition :p
#23DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 10:53:34 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Just no awkward aiming and fixed camera.

IIRC, the camera was rarely fixed in Outbreak. It moved with the characters, just like in Code Veronica. Just because it isn't from the perspective that you're used to doesn't mean that it's "fixed."
#24Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/7/2013 11:21:05 PM
ex-s_temjin posted...
Part of the charm outbreak has was that it actually stars your ordinary joes thrown into extraordinary circumstances, i feel that throwing in the main cast is just gonna remove that magic of the outbreak games. Maybe as DLC or as NPCs, but not as playable characters.

But why? Outbreak doesn't have name value, 2 is one of the worst reviewed games in the series.

Why not making a new RE game, with new characters in a new setting. You don't have to stick to any of the old gimmicks or storylines, just people surviving an outbreak.

People put too much importance on the character or connections and gimmicks and camera's, save ribbons, files and other meaningless crap and not enough on the games being good.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#25ex-s_temjinPosted 2/8/2013 12:25:17 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
ex-s_temjin posted...

But why? Outbreak doesn't have name value, 2 is one of the worst reviewed games in the series.

Why not making a new RE game, with new characters in a new setting. You don't have to stick to any of the old gimmicks or storylines, just people surviving an outbreak.

People put too much importance on the character or connections and gimmicks and camera's, save ribbons, files and other meaningless crap and not enough on the games being good.

That's precisely what I said; instead of continuing with the old outbreak storyline as in File#3, make a new file with new setting/story/characters, and if they could pull it off, make it an open world game similar to the likes of Demon/Dark Souls. Of course it could be any other name as well.
#26Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/8/2013 12:30:35 AM
Sounds a lot like Day Z to be honest.

I feel linearity helps a horror story, as does having "Real" characters as apposed to online avatars.

I think you could do online co-op in a horror game well, but I feel like a linear story should be the core focus.

Why not something like RE2/4 with a linear action/adventure story and a separate online Day Z Type Co-op mode? Like how MGS4 has Metal Gear Online.
---
#27Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/8/2013 7:52:42 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
ex-s_temjin posted...

Enough badmouthing a cult classic that's more of a Resident Evil game than your precious RE6.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#28AWorldUnitedPosted 2/12/2013 2:07:12 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
You people do realize the Outbreak games were poorly reviewed and didn't sell well either right?

I don't think the way to fix a wounded series it to dig up some of the worse received games in the series.

What's next? People will demand Gaiden and Survivor Revivals?

Do you actually read what others have to say? our DO you just randomly pop in every topic and show your venom?