how can leon and helena still work for DSO? spoilers

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 2/4/2013 3:05:33 AM(edited)
or any of the protagonists still work for any of the government organizations.

Ada already said they are against the people who really runs the country, and she didn't just say simmons, she said people, which means not only 1 but many of them are still up on the ladder.

sure simmons is dead now, but the family is still alive and well, and they know that leon, helena, and sherry are all aware of their existence and their involvement with the removal of the president. there's no way leon and gang can just trust their superiors after knowing that the family is really running everything. they could easily send leon and gang to their death.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2Reno_TarshilPosted 2/4/2013 3:10:37 AM
Because women.
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Genesect of the Pokemon X Boards!
#3Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/4/2013 3:55:18 AM
Because RE protags are dumb.

Look at Chris and Jill, they work for the BSAA, who is overseen by the GPC, the same group that Umbrella and Tricell were a part of? And neither of them see that as a red flag? Or repeatedly trying to Fist Fight the superhuman Wesker? Or going into the LiN mansion with just two people? Or would rather fight a bunch of hunters than the 3 dogs outside the RE1 mansion?

Or Leon, who would charge into a warzone with no support against his supervisors will?

The Family probably just assumes they are dumb enough to think the DSO and BSAA are "Immune" to The Family's Influence, because they are that dumb.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#4YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:01:48 PM
Claire Redfield's choice made the most sense, forming a non-government non-profit organization, but they can't fight against bio weapons, only aid people that got affected by the situation.
---
#5YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:01:56 PM
bump
---
#6edward18Posted 2/4/2013 5:04:04 PM
Ha! Leon and gang...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:23:03 PM
so we are just gonna pass this off as protagonists being dumb and antagonists being arrogant and leave at that? ok then
---
#8FallenBluePosted 2/5/2013 6:40:03 PM(edited)
I'm not entirely certain, but if I had to venture a guess, it would be because the alternative is worse.

As agents of government-backed agencies, the DSO and BSAA get to have extensive amounts of funding, weapons, manpower authority over other agencies, and access to infrastructure (like satellites).

Without it, then they're just a plucky band of survivors. Scooby and the Gang. Zoinks.

Sure, the Family and the companies have major influence behind the scenes. But that's also the rub: once exposed to light, the agencies have the right to burn them to the ground (ala Simmons, Wilpharma, and Tricell.).

Also, fighting bio-weapons is a full-time job. If they don't work for the government, then who's going to pay for their food, ammo, or really anything? Donations? If that's the case, they might as well give up and go work for a 7-11. (Though that would be pretty interesting. It's the middle of a zombie outbreak and everyone's panicking, and the clerk tells them: "No worries. I got this.")
#9IlDankoPosted 2/5/2013 6:35:38 PM
FallenBlue posted...
I'm not entirely certain, but if I had to venture a guess, it would be because the alternative is worse.

As agents of government-backed agencies, the DSO and BSAA get to have extensive amounts of funding, weapons, manpower authority over other agencies, and access to infrastructure (like satellites).

Without it, then they're just a plucky band of survivors.

Sure, the Family and the companies have major influence behind the scenes. But that's also the rub: once exposed to light, the agencies have the right to burn them to the ground (ala Simmons, Wilpharma, and Tricell.).

The BSAA is not a government-backed agency
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#10Dicer7Posted 2/5/2013 6:36:33 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
so we are just gonna pass this off as protagonists being dumb and antagonists being arrogant and leave at that? ok then

Pretty much. RE6's plot is just horribly thought out in general. I truly hope the next RE game just ignores The Family altogether as their existence itself is likely to convolute an already messy storyline.