merc strat with helena and ada?

#11zombiabsolPosted 2/4/2013 3:38:57 PM
adas default isnt bad if you use her correctly.
the only thing she really lacks is a quick kill weapon. if your losing the combo and need to kill one more person with one shot, none of her weopons really work good. the pipe bomb arrows will not always kill enemies, and they take time to explode.

However, her crossbow is actually very easy to pull off headshot kills with and makes up for not being that powerful.

i believe that 4 arrows kills a whopper, and i know from experience that 2 pipe bomb arrows and a fire grenade will kill the lepoboobsta. not sure if two pipe bombs are necessary though.

thats another thing, her fire grenades are extremely useful for combo saves, and on maps like urban chaos, she ends up with six since she already starts with three and you find three on that map.

she also starts with some health so you shouldnt have to worry about that.

her counter while holding the ammobox is useful on weaker enemies and can and has gained me more than 30 seconds, due to its wide range. her crossbow counter, when positioned correctly, seems to always instakill a normal zombie as long as it hits the head.

her counter with the ammobox is also useful against lantern zombies found on the catacombs since you wont be burned by the flames, but it doesnt always kill them.

her cdg , is also one of the best in the game imo

thats all i can really tell you about ada.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
"Were beyond sympathy at this point... Were Beyond Humanity." ~ Ada Wong
#12YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:42 AM
whoa, is mp-af worse in mercenary? I remember I could easily do single bullet headshot to melee kill in campaign without firearm upgrade, but in mercenary, my bullet doesn't even stun them when I hit them in the head. wtf? even ammo box could do better with single bullet to the head.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#13YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:42:53 AM(edited)
holy crap jake ex is hard! it's either knife & back elbow, or quick shot sniper rifle, both have huge problems.

it's impossible to kill all bloodshot and dogs with counter without getting caught off guard from behind because they always swarm you in packs. as game goes longer it gets harder to shake them off.

quick shots from heavier weapons take too long to fire, and if I miss I am dead open.

can someone tell me how to use characters whose power weapons are sniper rifles? quick shot misses a lot, and I can't kill shriekers fast enough when they spawn because monsters are always nearby.
---
#14DanielSpace79Posted 2/7/2013 6:22:18 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
holy crap jake ex is hard! it's either knife & back elbow, or quick shot sniper rifle, both have huge problems.

it's impossible to kill all bloodshot and dogs with counter without getting caught off guard from behind because they always swarm you in packs. as game goes longer it gets harder to shake them off.

quick shots from heavier weapons take too long to fire, and if I miss I am dead open.

can someone tell me how to use characters whose power weapons are sniper rifles? quick shot misses a lot, and I can't kill shriekers fast enough when they spawn because monsters are always nearby.

Jakes power weapon isnt his rifle, it's his grenade launcher. That makes extremely quick work of shriekers and bosses. For packs of bloodshots, use a flash grenade. Every stage has at least 1. If completely overwhelmed by a group of bloodshots or dogs, the grenade launcher can be your best friend as it will decimate the group (though you lose significant time in counter oppts)
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#15HeatherloverPosted 2/7/2013 6:44:43 AM
YermomHoudini posted...
just default costumes

I don't have dlc maps, just started out and haven't played steel beast yet.

on zombie maps, I just spam head shot and melee kill because it's fast and guaranteed with characters that can kill fast with melee to head stunned enemies. sometimes I can counter against enemies with melee weapons for the instant kill and 10 seconds, but I still can't counter bloodshots as much as I want to and have to break out the mag.

is the strategy for javos the same as zombies? can I still spam simple headshot melee kill strategy?

my problem with helena is that her melee throw to head stunned enemies take like 3 seconds to finish, so the 5 second increase isn't really enough.

ada's ammo box does like no damage and is super hard to aim for head shot, and her bow couldn't be used like other strong weapons like shotgun or magnum

how do you use them properly?

that explains why they are low tier lol, anyway no idea change character seriously Jake or Sherry 1 and 2 Carla.
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 120gb (500gb) PH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hHWMXddWY&feature=related - Rebuild of Evangelion
#16AnimesetsunaPosted 2/7/2013 7:10:03 AM
Anyone know how to handle Napads at Steel Beast using Helena?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Thanks to Kana Hanazawa that I touched Money God at PS@Home Asia(@w@)
#17YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 3:05:28 PM(edited)
DanielSpace79 posted...
YermomHoudini posted...

Jakes power weapon isnt his rifle, it's his grenade launcher.

for this part I am mainly talking about piers, ex piers, ex ada, ex leon, ex helena, agent

I have not tried the fast switching method but I think it will be a pain in the ass to kill fast enemies like strelats with this because you need to get 2 shots in, and I don't know how fast switching affects recoil.

I heard the there are also exploits for easy countering and CDG set up, gotta have to learn those too.
---
#18SemiotequePosted 2/7/2013 3:34:26 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
YermomHoudini posted...

Jakes power weapon isnt his rifle, it's his grenade launcher.

for this part I am mainly talking about piers, ex piers, ex ada, ex leon, ex helena, agent

I have not tried the fast switching method but I think it will be a pain in the ass to kill fast enemies like strelats with this because you need to get 2 shots in, and I don't know how fast switching affects recoil.

I heard the there are also exploits for easy countering and CDG set up, gotta have to learn those too.

The idea with fast switching sniper rifles is not to be actually sniping from far away. It works best at close to mid-range (up to maybe 15m away) because that way you only have to aim once, or not at all. Fast switching a sniper rifle basically ignores the recoil, if you're talking about the recoil animation. If you're talking about aiming drift: aiming drift is going to happen when shooting anything, the thing about fast switching weapons is that if you're actually switching fast you shouldn't have to adjust your aim once it's set.

For Strelats your best bet is going to be to slide into it. Simply sliding into Strelats causes it to be stunned, and then you can just fast switch sniper shots from point blank range.
---
PSN: Semioteque
#19YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:55:55 PM
Semioteque posted...
The idea with fast switching sniper rifles is not to be actually sniping from far away. It works best at close to mid-range (up to maybe 15m away) because that way you only have to aim once, or not at all.

holy crap the aim is so inaccurate, I was aiming with a gun at a guy's chest, and then switch to snipe and the scope shows my aim was completely off target, somehow changing weapon moved my aim
---
#20SemiotequePosted 2/8/2013 2:51:54 PM
This is what sniper switching should look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Spkuutn14Ew#t=353s

If you're having trouble with the aim being off when you scope with a sniper rifle, keep in mind that the game remembers what zoom level you left the scope on. So if you were zoomed in all the way the last time you used the sniper rifle, chances are the next time you scope with it, it's going to zoom in very close on something and be very disorienting. In fact, you're probably not very far off in aim, it just looks that way because you have no idea what you're looking at sometimes when the scope is zoomed in all the way.
---
PSN: Semioteque