should the next game borrow elements from grand theft auto?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. should the next game borrow elements from grand theft auto?

User Info: saberstrom

saberstrom
4 years ago#1
like being able to kill anyone making your character good or evil. that would rock. plus being open world like that would rock to. i would use sherry and sometimes leon and steal a car and run over people didnt change to zombies yet.

User Info: zombiabsol

zombiabsol
4 years ago#2
open world , sure but only like sly cooper.
stealing cars? no thanks, ill just steal adas hookshot and zoom everywhere.
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
"Were beyond sympathy at this point... Were Beyond Humanity." ~ Ada Wong

User Info: saberstrom

saberstrom
4 years ago#3
zombiabsol posted...
open world , sure but only like sly cooper.
stealing cars? no thanks, ill just steal adas hookshot and zoom everywhere.

then ada kills a drug dealer, takes his money and drugs to get another.

User Info: ZeeDogge

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#4
I would rather have it copy Far Cry 3. GTA missions themselves are very scripted, even in an open world

User Info: Reflare

Reflare
4 years ago#5
It'd probably star Jake if that's the case.
He already steals jet skis, and a motorcyle, he also said he'd steal a limo next time.
The Muse and the Painter

User Info: Moose_Of_Woe

Moose_Of_Woe
4 years ago#6
The next game should borrow elements from Outbreak.

With everyone having a HDD by default the load times wouldn't cripple the immersion for most folks anymore.

Outbreak 1 and 2 had their faults, but they did a lot more right than wrong and offered a great co-op game while maintaining atmosphere and a sense of dread.

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#7
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

With everyone having a HDD by default the load times wouldn't cripple the immersion for most folks anymore.

Outbreak 1 and 2 had their faults, but they did a lot more right than wrong and offered a great co-op game while maintaining atmosphere and a sense of dread.

No, open world sandbox is better

Moose_Of_Woe
4 years ago#8
ZeeDogge posted...
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

Personally I wouldn't mind a sandbox game so long as it had a rich atmosphere and overall objective to meet.

GTA's style works great for GTA, but I wouldn't like to see RE go such an arcade like route if it goes sandbox.

Infinite zombies popping up out of nowhere (something I didn't like in Outbreak)
explosions everywhere, a radar telling you where all the bad guys are etc. wouldn't sit well with me.

ZeeDogge
4 years ago#9
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

Personally I wouldn't mind a sandbox game so long as it had a rich atmosphere and overall objective to meet.

GTA's style works great for GTA, but I wouldn't like to see RE go such an arcade like route if it goes sandbox.

Infinite zombies popping up out of nowhere (something I didn't like in Outbreak)
explosions everywhere, a radar telling you where all the bad guys are etc. wouldn't sit well with me.

You ever think that maybe you don't have to cling to formulas? Just enjoy yourself

Moose_Of_Woe
4 years ago#10
ZeeDogge posted...
You ever think that maybe you don't have to cling to formulas? Just enjoy yourself

Sure, if it's done right. I enjoyed RE4.

Outbreak was a break from the RE1-3 formula as well. I loved it.

RE5 and RE6? ORC? Dead Aim? Survivor? Gaiden? All something else entirely. There's changing /evolving a franchise and then there's genre leaping.

When a series loses its own identity of what made it unique in the first place that's never a good thing imo.

I mean really...just take...a look...at THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPMEHTugfs
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. should the next game borrow elements from grand theft auto?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived