should the next game borrow elements from grand theft auto?

#1saberstromPosted 2/4/2013 7:01:35 AM
like being able to kill anyone making your character good or evil. that would rock. plus being open world like that would rock to. i would use sherry and sometimes leon and steal a car and run over people didnt change to zombies yet.
#2zombiabsolPosted 2/4/2013 10:45:36 AM
open world , sure but only like sly cooper.
stealing cars? no thanks, ill just steal adas hookshot and zoom everywhere.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
"Were beyond sympathy at this point... Were Beyond Humanity." ~ Ada Wong
#3saberstrom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:14:57 AM
zombiabsol posted...
open world , sure but only like sly cooper.
stealing cars? no thanks, ill just steal adas hookshot and zoom everywhere.

then ada kills a drug dealer, takes his money and drugs to get another.
#4ZeeDoggePosted 2/4/2013 11:16:14 AM
I would rather have it copy Far Cry 3. GTA missions themselves are very scripted, even in an open world
#5ReflarePosted 2/4/2013 11:23:01 AM
It'd probably star Jake if that's the case.
He already steals jet skis, and a motorcyle, he also said he'd steal a limo next time.
---
The Muse and the Painter
#6Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 12:09:27 PM(edited)
The next game should borrow elements from Outbreak.

With everyone having a HDD by default the load times wouldn't cripple the immersion for most folks anymore.

Outbreak 1 and 2 had their faults, but they did a lot more right than wrong and offered a great co-op game while maintaining atmosphere and a sense of dread.
#7ZeeDoggePosted 2/4/2013 12:17:47 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

With everyone having a HDD by default the load times wouldn't cripple the immersion for most folks anymore.

Outbreak 1 and 2 had their faults, but they did a lot more right than wrong and offered a great co-op game while maintaining atmosphere and a sense of dread.

No, open world sandbox is better
#8Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 1:04:50 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

Personally I wouldn't mind a sandbox game so long as it had a rich atmosphere and overall objective to meet.

GTA's style works great for GTA, but I wouldn't like to see RE go such an arcade like route if it goes sandbox.

Infinite zombies popping up out of nowhere (something I didn't like in Outbreak)
explosions everywhere, a radar telling you where all the bad guys are etc. wouldn't sit well with me.
#9ZeeDoggePosted 2/4/2013 1:09:19 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
Moose_Of_Woe posted...

Personally I wouldn't mind a sandbox game so long as it had a rich atmosphere and overall objective to meet.

GTA's style works great for GTA, but I wouldn't like to see RE go such an arcade like route if it goes sandbox.

Infinite zombies popping up out of nowhere (something I didn't like in Outbreak)
explosions everywhere, a radar telling you where all the bad guys are etc. wouldn't sit well with me.

You ever think that maybe you don't have to cling to formulas? Just enjoy yourself
#10Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 1:33:04 PM(edited)
ZeeDogge posted...
You ever think that maybe you don't have to cling to formulas? Just enjoy yourself

Sure, if it's done right. I enjoyed RE4.

Outbreak was a break from the RE1-3 formula as well. I loved it.

RE5 and RE6? ORC? Dead Aim? Survivor? Gaiden? All something else entirely. There's changing /evolving a franchise and then there's genre leaping.

When a series loses its own identity of what made it unique in the first place that's never a good thing imo.

I mean really...just take...a look...at THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAPMEHTugfs