The best game in the franchise.

#1zombiabsolPosted 2/4/2013 11:14:26 AM
vote for the game you think is the best model the franchise should be shaped after. - Results (213 votes)
Resident Evil 0
0% (0 votes)
Resident Evil (REmake, directors cut.... doesnt matter)
23% (49 votes)
Resident Evil 2
16.9% (36 votes)
Resident Evil 3
4.23% (9 votes)
Resident Evil 4
23% (49 votes)
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
6.57% (14 votes)
Resident Evil 6 (including dlc modes were getting)
17.84% (38 votes)
Resident Evil Revelations
2.82% (6 votes)
Resident Evil Code Veronica
4.69% (10 votes)
Other
0.94% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
it doesnt have to be exactly like that game, but some of the features in it are awesome to you.

i think re3 is the best, re6 ties with revelations and re4 for runner up.
the atmosphere felt just right, i loved the puzzles, Carlos was awesome, the reloading tool was pretty cool , good amount of scary moments and jump scares, moar Carlos <3.

the main thing i liked from revelations was being able to find,apply, and remove weopon upgrades.

re4 is the best 'newer re' when it comes to the horror aspect. the island was pretty creepy my first playthrough, and the part where you get the key from the pit and the bella sisters attack you freaked me the hell out.

re6 had a more interesting story and the best controls.

combine them all capcom.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
"Were beyond sympathy at this point... Were Beyond Humanity." ~ Ada Wong
#2SamA7XPosted 2/4/2013 11:20:44 AM
REmake was just pure awesomeness, everything about the game was just perfect. I even think the zombies from REmake look far more realistic than those in RE6, the graphics were just that good. Plus to add to it, Remakes never turn out as good as the original, most Remakes flop and the originals always go on to be the better game, but not in this case.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#3moonlithunterPosted 2/4/2013 11:29:15 AM
Definitely the 1st or 2nd installments of the series.... which of 2 is better? That's comparing Red Herb to Red Herb..... Endika to Sativa.....lol
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#4Spider5800Posted 2/4/2013 11:44:03 AM
If I had to choose, it would be RE2. The B game options and multiple possible stories for each main character blew my mind back then, and there was some legitimate scares thrown in (unarmed 10 year old Sherry running from the dogs, Mr. X chasing you throughout the police station, etc.). It had great enemy designs, like the lickers and Birkin's various forms. It had some of the creepiest characters to interact with, like the police chief and Sherry's mom. It also had some of the best secrets, like finding Vicker's zombie and getting the secret costumes, or playing as a piece of tofu.

I thought it was the best example of what RE is supposed to be, with horror, exploration, puzzles, secrets and lots of replayability. True single-player replayability, not this Mercenaries leaderboard crap. Was a truly exceptional game for its time, and something I think the series should move back toward.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#5Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 11:56:24 AM
For me, it's practically a three way tie as I see all of them being excellent.

RE1 with the REmake being the clear cut winner of all the variations.
RE2 with the dual shock edition probably being the best variation.

Outbreak 1 and 2. (One game split in to two for Capcom's cash milking purposes.)

The chief reason I loved Outbreak was that it maintained the atmosphere true to early RE installments. Not only that, but Outbreak became even MORE immersive while playing with other people. That's damned impressive and something most games fail at miserably old and modern alike.

The main drawbacks of Outbreak were that both games were very short (for aforementioned reason) and had atrocious load times if you didn't have the PS2 HDD.

I didn't mind the lack of voice chat since in game commands were plenty to get your point across to folks who weren't stupid.
#6AWorldUnitedPosted 2/4/2013 12:05:26 PM
outbreak, plz.
#7Moose_Of_WoePosted 2/4/2013 12:06:25 PM
AWorldUnited posted...
outbreak, plz.

Oh dear, help!
#8SamA7XPosted 2/4/2013 12:28:23 PM
I think if Capcom waited with the Outbreak series and brought it out on the 360 instead with the online mode, it could of been a brilliant game, but this game had the worst loading times I've ever seen apart from the games on the Commodore 64. Plus not many people hooked their PS2 upto the internet back then so the online mode wasn't used that much, problem was it was ahead of its time along with the MGS3 multiplayer.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
#9edward18Posted 2/4/2013 12:31:58 PM
Code Veronica is the single best game in the series hands down (aside from possibly Remake). Has the most backtracking, best story, is the most interesting, and keeps the gameplay what it should be.

If it isn't that, then Remake. Most refined done in that style and adds surprises for even veterans.

0 is easily the most beautiful game in the series though to me.

2 would probably came after Remake in terms of enjoyment...wait no, 1. There's just something about that game that's...it's magical.

Then 3 Easily the weakest of the old games alongside 0 to me. Way too action-packed and Nemesis chasing you gets pretty annoying pretty quick.

Then 5. FINALLY they wrap up that Wesker crap.

And at the very bottom's 4. Misses the mark in pretty much every category. Changed the gameplay, Leon's a blah blah blah yaddayaddayadda
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#10UltimateSolPosted 2/4/2013 12:34:16 PM
i didnt surprised when i see RE 6 has got first place from "casuals"

anyways, i choosed RE 3.
---
PSN: ultimatesolzero