Can we agree that RE6 failed cause of Leon and Jake?

#31niko_srbijaPosted 2/6/2013 2:19:21 AM
I just wanted to play as Leon and Chris together without Helena, Piers, Jake and Sherry ....
#32sbn4Posted 2/6/2013 4:39:13 AM
Detective Beauguard wins the topic. All the campaigns sucked. Chris' just sucked the least.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#33Narugarex13Posted 2/6/2013 7:37:26 AM
Loki90 posted...
RE5 was a success on sales. Everyone loved RE5 due Chris campaign.

Then RE6 only have one short campaign for Chris. RE5 fans never really wanted to play as Leon or Jake. Since Chris campaign in RE6 its too short compared to RE5 then why bother?

Sure, Chris fans bought RE6 cause he was in it. But people who loved RE5 and are not Chris fans wont buy this game cause Leon and Jake campaign are just too horrible.

Capcom should learn their lesson and make RE7 more like RE5.

RE5 had even more features than RE6.

Alt costumes to be used on Campaign from start. (By that I mean, no having to pay money for the first 3 costumes).

10 or 12 maps for mercs on disc for free.

DLC campaign.

Its clear that RE5 sold better cause it is a better game. Even though I loved Chris campaign in RE6.

You're just being too much of a fanboy...... Chris' campaign is a mess in terms of context but held THE most character development in such as short scope of time, which is great.

Leon's campaign tried too hard to go to the classic with all the zombies but the whole action mechanic just makes everything too flashy to be atmospheric at least.

Jake's campaign is literally RE5 with some added elements... for better or worse.

I can respect that you like Chris as a character but deeming other campaigns as bad for not featuring Chris as a playable partner is just what the sheet.
Heck, Chris' campaign is too chaotic for its own good, true the whole motive is that the world is in chaos with the bio terrorism thing going on but there's too much at a given time.

Leon and Jake's got a certain pacing on their scenarios (again, for better or worse) but that doesn't make both worse than Chris' campaign due to lack of action.... the fudge am I even talking about? I've been expecting RE to give me at least a jump scare my whole life, not freaking helicopters tearing sheet up at every given moment. -_-

All the features you mentioned are part of capcom's plan. RE4 had minor "extras" re playability given the game is single player and is aimed towards the established fans so they tried at least make RE5 feel packed with content, which isn't bad. That however got long time fans to question what direction is capcom taking for RE6 so they tried to make RE6 more "streamlined" like the classic ones... albeit too much so.

So no, RE6 didn't flunk due to Leon and Jake's campaign. It's just capcom being a money milking entity that they are ever since RE4, DMC3 and other ps classics they made got so much attention and success that they went for more cash in a flash instead of more customer loyalty and gradual profit. They tried too hard to make RE6 cater to wide array of audience but ultimately got an identity crisis.....

again, stop being such a fanboy. (-_-) Got enough of those from "Cloud & Zack are so cool, omigosh, blehblehbleh... freaking nutjobs)
#34KaliestoPosted 2/6/2013 8:37:26 AM
Who the **** cares what you all think in this stupid topic seriously, quit with yall's *****ing already.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#35IlDankoPosted 2/6/2013 8:42:54 AM(edited)
Kaliesto posted...
Who the **** cares what you all think in this stupid topic seriously, quit with yall's *****ing already.

Who the **** cares about what you think about what we think in this stupid topic, quit with your *****ing about us *****ing
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993
#36shagohad3Posted 2/6/2013 9:05:24 AM
The problem was the story was all over the place and it got bland quickly. I think it should have gone like this, Sherry and Jake's campaign soley happened in Edonia. Leon's take place in only Tall Oaks, Chris and Piers take place in China while Ada's could have been the globe spanning one.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#37zombiabsolPosted 2/6/2013 4:47:08 PM
shagohad3 posted...
The problem was the story was all over the place and it got bland quickly. I think it should have gone like this, Sherry and Jake's campaign soley happened in Edonia. Leon's take place in only Tall Oaks, Chris and Piers take place in China while Ada's could have been the globe spanning one.

this, would have been alot more organized and the campaigns would have even more of an original feel to them. i would have LOVED to explore more of tall oaks.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
"Were beyond sympathy at this point... Were Beyond Humanity." ~ Ada Wong
#38DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 5:44:40 PM
shagohad3 posted...

Agreed. I thought the China locations were, for the most part, incredibly boring. I found Tall Oaks and Edonia to be much more interesting in comparison.

Leon should have stayed in Tall Oaks, with the underground lab part with Helena's reveal being the final chapter. They'd have to fight Deborah, followed by Simmons, who mutates after one of Carla's Neo-Umbrella J'avo shoots him with the C-virus. Only no ridiculous mutations; make him into a Tyrant or something. In the first chapter, we explore the university. The second is the subway and some town. Third, more town. Fourth would be the cathedral, and fifth would have the much expanded underground lab. Then Tall Oaks goes boom, but without the absurd catacombs chapter.

Jake and Sherry should have stayed in Edonia for most of their game. Maybe the fifth chapter would be in China in the underwater lab, but that's it. The first and second chapters would be as they are, but instead of being captured, they're forced to retreat into another Edonian town (seen at the end of chapter two). Three and four would be more of that (like Damnation), with five seeing them captured by Carla and sent to the underwater base.

Chris's campaign was fine the way it was, other than perhaps adding a cool part to the beginning of the fifth chapter on top of the oil platform with a storm or something.

Ada's campaign could have been so much better, but it was just a case of "been there, done that." Quite a disappointment.
#39shagohad3Posted 2/6/2013 9:57:40 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
shagohad3 posted...

Agreed. I thought the China locations were, for the most part, incredibly boring. I found Tall Oaks and Edonia to be much more interesting in comparison.

Leon should have stayed in Tall Oaks, with the underground lab part with Helena's reveal being the final chapter. They'd have to fight Deborah, followed by Simmons, who mutates after one of Carla's Neo-Umbrella J'avo shoots him with the C-virus. Only no ridiculous mutations; make him into a Tyrant or something. In the first chapter, we explore the university. The second is the subway and some town. Third, more town. Fourth would be the cathedral, and fifth would have the much expanded underground lab. Then Tall Oaks goes boom, but without the absurd catacombs chapter.

Jake and Sherry should have stayed in Edonia for most of their game. Maybe the fifth chapter would be in China in the underwater lab, but that's it. The first and second chapters would be as they are, but instead of being captured, they're forced to retreat into another Edonian town (seen at the end of chapter two). Three and four would be more of that (like Damnation), with five seeing them captured by Carla and sent to the underwater base.

Chris's campaign was fine the way it was, other than perhaps adding a cool part to the beginning of the fifth chapter on top of the oil platform with a storm or something.

Ada's campaign could have been so much better, but it was just a case of "been there, done that." Quite a disappointment.

Well done sir. I'd play that game than having to play that annoying catacombs level again. All it did was make me think I was playing RE5 again.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#40DegalonPosted 2/7/2013 12:29:33 AM
RE6 failed mostly because of Jake as a character. If it had been someone else paired up with Sherry, that campaign would have been great.

Also, Leon's campaign is the highlight of the entire game.

Chris is just standard shooter fair. I got bored halfway through his campaign.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa