Can we agree that RE6 failed cause of Leon and Jake?

#41desi_shinobiPosted 2/7/2013 4:06:57 PM
I disagree, personally for me. This a great game and far from a failure through my eyes.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#42KaliestoPosted 2/7/2013 4:23:20 PM
IlDanko posted...
Kaliesto posted...
Who the **** cares what you all think in this stupid topic seriously, quit with yall's *****ing already.

Who the **** cares about what you think about what we think in this stupid topic, quit with your *****ing about us *****ing

I'm so sure Capcom care's about this silly topic residing in GameFAQs, get the **** over it already.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#43DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 4:29:02 PM
shagohad3 posted...
Well done sir. I'd play that game than having to play that annoying catacombs level again. All it did was make me think I was playing RE5 again.

Thanks, and yes, that catacombs chapter was obnoxious and incredibly out of place. It was questionable in RE5, but at least it was in Africa; this was supposed to be in the US! And that shark BOW made me laugh so hard; it's like I was playing Yoshi's Island or DKC or something...

Degalon posted...
RE6 failed mostly because of Jake as a character. If it had been someone else paired up with Sherry, that campaign would have been great.

Also, Leon's campaign is the highlight of the entire game.

Chris is just standard shooter fair. I got bored halfway through his campaign.

Like I said, I don't think RE6 "failed" in the commercial sense because of any one character (or even the terrible overall story), but rather the cheapness and overall lack of depth to the gameplay. Exploration was gone. In-game files were gone. Interacting with the environment was gone. Everything that RE had really been known for (even in 4 and somewhat 5) was gone. Jake was obnoxious, but he didn't kill the game - his campaign was a bit ambitious and unorthodox at times, but it was still solid.

It's too bad, since if Capcom were to make an RE game with the quantity of RE6 as well as the quality, it would be amazing.
#44Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 7:59:11 PM
Chris' story in Resident Evil 6 was the best one because:

1) Chris Redfield is the hero of heroes in the Biohazard universe.

2) Chris and Piers ACTUALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

And

3) Chris had a partner, people ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT.

WE LOVE YA PIERS!
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#45Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 8:09:46 PM
saberstrom posted...
chris campaign is fun but is exactly like call of duty and not like resident evil so his campaign fails and hurts re 6. if u like it go play cod, same difference.

Not true at all:

RE6 fails and aches without Chris' playthrough.

For example, Leon's playthrough was completely shallow, empty and mundane after Chapter 3. And with Jake's playthrough, I thought I was watching Indiana Jones flicks.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#46Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 8:14:43 PM
IlDanko posted...
Because having a whining manface b**** dragging you for 3/4 of your campaign in a pointless quest where you never get to know the "truth" she supposedly wanted to show you is so much better...

Exactly. Leon was completely ignorant throughout this entire game. At least Chris discovered the agenda that mattered most. He just didn't know all the details the way Ada did.
---
#47IlDankoPosted 2/7/2013 8:16:01 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Chris' story in Resident Evil 6 was the best one because:

1) Chris Redfield is the hero of heroes in the Biohazard universe.

2) Chris and Piers ACTUALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

And

3) Chris had a partner, people ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT.

WE LOVE YA PIERS!

So true...
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#48PyroSparkPosted 2/7/2013 8:16:37 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
saberstrom posted...
chris campaign is fun but is exactly like call of duty and not like resident evil so his campaign fails and hurts re 6. if u like it go play cod, same difference.

Not true at all:

RE6 fails and aches without Chris' playthrough.

For example, Leon's playthrough was completely shallow, empty and mundane after Chapter 3. And with Jake's playthrough, I thought I was watching Indiana Jones flicks.

Nah, all 3 campaigns were pretty awesome. Ada's was one of the funnest, though.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#49Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 8:23:09 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Smashwarlocks posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
Loki90

you are crazy and nonsense.

resident evil 7 should be like resident evil 0 remake 1 2 3 and code veronica.

resident evil 7 should never be like 4 and 5, because 4 and 5 were total trash and stupid games.

I lol d at your comment 4 is trash? Its the game in the series that has the most critical acclaim from the fans and critics. Your a minority there.

I guess im in the minority as well since RE4 had ...

Trash story
trash atmoshpere
trash villians
the worst version of leon in the series
ada shoved down our throats (seperate ways and assignment ada)
Krauser out of left field (played off in the story like we knew him)
The least to do with the main storyline.
Ripped off indiana jones so much

If RE4 was a side non numbered game for the sole explanation of where las plagas comes from to set up RE5 it would have made slightly more sense.

I've been saying this for years.
---
#50IlDankoPosted 2/7/2013 8:28:00 PM
Yeah... Now RE5 is RE4 and RE6 is RE5.... Former RE4 will be called Resident Evil: Spanish Not important Mayhem .. and it will be a not important spin off just like RE0
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993