Can we agree that RE6 failed cause of Leon and Jake?

#51Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 8:48:33 PM(edited)
DetBeauregard posted...
shagohad3 posted...
The problem was the story was all over the place and it got bland quickly. I think it should have gone like this, Sherry and Jake's campaign soley happened in Edonia. Leon's take place in only Tall Oaks, Chris and Piers take place in China while Ada's could have been the globe spanning one.

Agreed. I thought the China locations were, for the most part, incredibly boring. I found Tall Oaks and Edonia to be much more interesting in comparison.

Leon should have stayed in Tall Oaks, with the underground lab part with Helena's reveal being the final chapter. They'd have to fight Deborah, followed by Simmons, who mutates after one of Carla's Neo-Umbrella J'avo shoots him with the C-virus. Only no ridiculous mutations; make him into a Tyrant or something. In the first chapter, we explore the university. The second is the subway and some town. Third, more town. Fourth would be the cathedral, and fifth would have the much expanded underground lab. Then Tall Oaks goes boom, but without the absurd catacombs chapter.

Jake and Sherry should have stayed in Edonia for most of their game. Maybe the fifth chapter would be in China in the underwater lab, but that's it. The first and second chapters would be as they are, but instead of being captured, they're forced to retreat into another Edonian town (seen at the end of chapter two). Three and four would be more of that (like Damnation), with five seeing them captured by Carla and sent to the underwater base.

Chris's campaign was fine the way it was, other than perhaps adding a cool part to the beginning of the fifth chapter on top of the oil platform with a storm or something.

Ada's campaign could have been so much better, but it was just a case of "been there, done that." Quite a disappointment.

Very nice thoughts. But Capcom was so hellbent on making that "character crossover" mechanic come to fruition. Yet, the actual mechanic almost NEVER HAPPENS! Trying to get one to happen is a complete waste of time. The matchmaking schematic itself is a complete and utter failure. Very juvenile.
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#52gamestop27Posted 2/7/2013 9:00:59 PM
I agree that RE6 is a failure, but not because of Leon and Jake.

What really made RE6 fail:
-QTEs and button prompts
-Vehicle sections.
-Terrible cover system
-Scripted boss battles
-Terrible inventory
-Skill system
-Alt costumes unavailable in the campaign
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#53Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/7/2013 9:56:26 PM
gamestop27 posted...
I agree that RE6 is a failure, but not because of Leon and Jake.

What really made RE6 fail:
-QTEs and button prompts
-Vehicle sections.
-Terrible cover system
-Scripted boss battles
-Terrible inventory
-Skill system
-Alt costumes unavailable in the campaign

You forgot to add:

-Wonky control scheme
-Camera system that did what "it" wanted to do, not the player
---
".... For I AM "the Dragon", Dracul! I AM "the Prince of Darkness"! THAT!... Is MY vengeance!" - Gabriel Belmont/Dracul
#54DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 11:08:40 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Chris' story in Resident Evil 6 was the best one because:

1) Chris Redfield is the hero of heroes in the Biohazard universe.

2) Chris and Piers ACTUALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

And

3) Chris had a partner, people ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT.

WE LOVE YA PIERS!

Agreed, but only for your second point, which is the only objective one.

Also, I feel that his campaign had the best gameplay -- no real QTEs, and few scripted sequences when compared to the others.
#55Jonathan_F_GPosted 2/8/2013 7:44:56 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
Chris' story in Resident Evil 6 was the best one because:

1) Chris Redfield is the hero of heroes in the Biohazard universe.

2) Chris and Piers ACTUALLY SAVED THE WORLD.

And

3) Chris had a partner, people ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT.

WE LOVE YA PIERS!

Agreed, but only for your second point, which is the only objective one.

Also, I feel that his campaign had the best gameplay -- no real QTEs, and few scripted sequences when compared to the others.

I see where you are going. But the Haos was an organic doomsday device:

Mutie Simmons, Mutie Carla and Usties were not.

Plus I found the Haos to be the most respectful final boss monster in RE6 as well as being respectful to the series itself. In some ways, the whole Haos engagement from A-Z is pretty reminiscent to the T-002 Tyrant engagement from the first Resident Evil (Original and/or remake).
---