WHAT the heck? 29.96 already???

#1adathespyPosted 2/5/2013 10:14:34 AM
I just found out that RE6 sells for $29.96 in a local Wal-Mart store......

$30? For a game that is only out for less then half a year with the original price of like $60 or something??? It is really selling that bad???
#2edward18Posted 2/5/2013 10:16:04 AM
WOO!!! **** you Capcom!

Seriously, I've never been so overjoyed at fan reactions towards Capcom.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3adathespy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:20:56 AM
That's ok with me......no intention to buy the game yet (after playing the demo...eithr the demo is poorly-made, or the game itself...@_@~~~)......waiting for the GOLD/ALTERNATE/SPECIAL/WHATEVER/COLLECTOR'S edition to come out......XD XD XD
#4Spider5800Posted 2/5/2013 10:22:18 AM
Pretty much. People round here like to tout that 4.8 million shipped figure by Capcom as some kind of success, without mentioning that 4.5 million were shipped by release day and only 0.3 million have been shipped since. People just aren't buying it, tons of stores have overstock, so the price is dropping like a rock. I predict it'll be $20 before the 6 month mark.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#5edward18Posted 2/5/2013 10:23:48 AM
I can't stand topics about sales x_x
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6SolidStryderPosted 2/5/2013 10:28:58 AM
Spider5800 posted...
Pretty much. People round here like to tout that 4.8 million shipped figure by Capcom as some kind of success, without mentioning that 4.5 million were shipped by release day and only 0.3 million have been shipped since. People just aren't buying it, tons of stores have overstock, so the price is dropping like a rock. I predict it'll be $20 before the 6 month mark.

Which is about the numbers most other RE games have in their lifetimes, not the first 6 months. Capcom greatly overreached expecting an RE title to have such a strong launch in the waning years of the current generation.
#7good_tobiPosted 2/5/2013 10:31:20 AM
you should check hitman absolution. That game was selling for 20 within a month (roughly around $30) of its release.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#8Alky88Posted 2/5/2013 11:00:55 AM
Welcome to gaming? This is normal for any game out there.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#9Spider5800Posted 2/5/2013 11:19:18 AM
Alky88 posted...
Welcome to gaming? This is normal for any game out there.

No, it's really not. Games that sell well manage to stay above $40 for at least 6 months, especially AAA titles that the publisher is clearly making a cornerstone for their fiscal year. Some games that were released far earlier last year, like Mass Effect 3, are just now dropping to $20 new, despite mixed reactions and plenty of cheap used copies available. All games eventually drop in value, but for RE6 to drop THIS quickly tells us there's an issue.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#10ShinWeskerPosted 2/5/2013 11:25:47 AM
I bought it NEW for 20 Euros
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.