What is the Canon story of the first Resident Evil? (Major Spoilers)

#1Nathbuds123Posted 2/5/2013 2:06:22 PM
I know its supposed to be some combination of Chris and Jill's games but I've never really knew what really happened. Does anyone know the canon story of the first resident evil?
#2SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 2:42:54 PM
Jill freed Chris from the cell and chris killed tyrant.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#3MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/5/2013 2:44:27 PM
Mansion blew up and they flew away on chopper
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#4SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 2:45:24 PM
and they lived happily ever after til resident evil 2 a month later.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#5MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/5/2013 3:03:14 PM
Which was about to happen until The Hulk crashed in and smashed everything
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#6CPU-ZPosted 2/5/2013 3:05:00 PM
It's generally accepted that it's Chris' scenario that is canon.
#7Plant42Posted 2/5/2013 3:14:05 PM(edited)
Notable events:

Chris is the only person to drop his gun.
There was a dining room.
Barry hoped it wasn't Chris' blood.
Then it was Wesker's time to disappear and Jill couldn't figure it out at all.
Chris took bug spray to the eyes.
Jill was almost a sandwich.
Rebecca is ass at the piano. Jill is not.
Acid rounds are a weapon that is really powerful, especially against living things.
It's Forrest, OH MY GOD!
They find crests.
Barry torched stuff and Rebecca plays with chemicals.
Wesker is found shooting at bees.
Hunters arrive.
Barry left some bullets in the back room.
Barry doesn't see a giant snake slowly dissolving.
Barry drops the rope.
That voice is Enrico's.
Chris is a traitor.
Enrico is shot. Ah hell... Umbrella...
Wesker wears shades around his nerdy scientist buddies.
Jill is here too.
Yes, Barry is here too. He lost his way.
Wesker used Barry for his personal purposes.
Rebecca is shot.
Barry doesn't know how to use a computer. He is really embarrassed.
Tyrant.
Wesker sets the triggering device. He is then pwned like a n00b by a lone chimera.
Barry and Rebecca fight off monsters instead of just getting on the elevator which monsters can't use.
Tyrant.
Jill is an amazon.
Tyrant goes boom.
Mansion goes boom.
Jill sleeps on Chris. Rebecca sleeps on a bench. Barry checks his gun. Brad checks his undies.
Cool fly-by Director's Cut credit scenes: http://youtu.be/GJyyprrBgH0
The End.
#8FreakyFrancPosted 2/5/2013 3:10:45 PM
Nathbuds123 posted...
I know its supposed to be some combination of Chris and Jill's games but I've never really knew what really happened. Does anyone know the canon story of the first resident evil?

(SPOILERS for RE1)

To be more precise (not like these guys comments)

It start with a fews incidents happening near the forests and mountains of Raccoon city where peoples bodies were found,eaten by unknown sources.

So they sended a team of trained forces (like somekind of S.W.A.T) called S.T.A.R.S to discover what happened.The group is consisted of 2 teams,the bravo team and the alpha team.

They first sended the Bravo team (Rebbeca Chambers is part of the team) wich lead to the events of Resident Evil Zero.

Then after losing contact with the Bravo team,they send the Alpha team to know what happened to the other team.

They found the helicopter of Bravo team but they only found dead bodies and during their research they were attacked by zombie dogs,so they ran until they found a mansion wich lead us to the events of Resident Evil 1.

Most of the game center around finding what the h*** is going on and trying to survive the monsters residing in the mansion.

Then later in the game we discover that the umbrella corporation is the ones behind all of those created monsters and that Albert Wesker the captain of the team is actually a traitor working for Umbrella.

His job was to send all of the S.T.A.R.S members so he could gather combat datas from B.O.Ws (biological weapons) meaning the entire time they tried to survive was for making datas on the monsters strong and weak points.

They discover a secret underground complex underneath the mansion and explore it and find Wesker in the Tyrant room.

Wesker release the Tyrant (final boss) and get killed by it (or is he? ''evil laugh'') then the self destruct is activated so they must escape (its also here that you can free the other captured character from his cell,if you play as Chris the one in the cell is Jill).

When they wait for the rescue helicopter,the Tyrant show up again and they need to fight it until they blow him up with a rocket launcher.

Then they escape in the helicopter before the mansion explode.

The only survivors being Chris,Jill,Barry and Rebbeca (with Brad being the helicopter pilot who came to save them). The end.
#9Spider5800Posted 2/5/2013 3:11:20 PM
CPU-Z posted...

Chris' scenario ends without Barry escaping, same as Jill's ends without Rebecca.

It's a combination of the two. I think it's supposed to be the main story points of both (Chris rescues Rebecca, Jill finds out about what Barry knows, etc.), but the details, like who killed which boss, are never explained, and honestly aren't that important.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#10CPU-ZPosted 2/5/2013 3:18:20 PM
Spider5800 posted...
CPU-Z posted...

Chris' scenario ends without Barry escaping, same as Jill's ends without Rebecca.

It's a combination of the two. I think it's supposed to be the main story points of both (Chris rescues Rebecca, Jill finds out about what Barry knows, etc.), but the details, like who killed which boss, are never explained, and honestly aren't that important.

I know. I haven't played the originals in years (or REmake), but I do recall the story pretty well. As you said, it's a combination of the scenarios, but it doesn't matter who kills what boss. I was pointing out that Chris' contains the most canon parts, so it's generally accepted (within the tons of people I know) that his campaign is the canon one.