What is the Canon story of the first Resident Evil? (Major Spoilers)

#11SSJ_JinPosted 2/5/2013 3:32:15 PM
I like to think that at the end Wesker shot Rebecca, had Barry take Jill to the upper floor to imprison her, and he took Chris in the room with tyrant. Barry has a change of heart on the elevator, but they can't go back since Wesker already locked everything. But Barry knows about the sefl destruct so he and Jill take care of that. Mean while Chris deals with the Tyrant which is why Wesker gets a hard on for Chris.

They all kill Tyrant on the helipad, however. Makes Tyrant look more badass that it took Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca, and then a rocket launcher to beat him.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#12ItsAboutStylePosted 2/5/2013 3:53:18 PM
Plant42 posted...
Notable events:

Chris is the only person to drop his gun.
There was a dining room.
Barry hoped it wasn't Chris' blood.
Then it was Wesker's time to disappear and Jill couldn't figure it out at all.
Chris took bug spray to the eyes.
Jill was almost a sandwich.
Rebecca is ass at the piano. Jill is not.
Acid rounds are a weapon that is really powerful, especially against living things.
It's Forrest, OH MY GOD!
They find crests.
Barry torched stuff and Rebecca plays with chemicals.
Wesker is found shooting at bees.
Hunters arrive.
Barry left some bullets in the back room.
Barry doesn't see a giant snake slowly dissolving.
Barry drops the rope.
That voice is Enrico's.
Chris is a traitor.
Enrico is shot. Ah hell... Umbrella...
Wesker wears shades around his nerdy scientist buddies.
Jill is here too.
Yes, Barry is here too. He lost his way.
Wesker used Barry for his personal purposes.
Rebecca is shot.
Barry doesn't know how to use a computer. He is really embarrassed.
Tyrant.
Wesker sets the triggering device. He is then pwned like a n00b by a lone chimera.
Barry and Rebecca fight off monsters instead of just getting on the elevator which monsters can't use.
Tyrant.
Jill is an amazon.
Tyrant goes boom.
Mansion goes boom.
Jill sleeps on Chris. Rebecca sleeps on a bench. Barry checks his gun. Brad checks his undies.
Cool fly-by Director's Cut credit scenes: http://youtu.be/GJyyprrBgH0
The End.

Win
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#13KaliestoPosted 2/5/2013 4:02:34 PM(edited)
Hey TC if you'd like I considered the Chronicles take the most canon one even if it's a railshooter.

It's a summary of the events, but I thought it cleaned up RE1.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#14tlcstormzPosted 2/6/2013 1:00:11 AM
Rebecca DID NOT survive the mansion incident.

I know that is sad news, but...come on, ya'll. She is not alive.
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14
#15Neutron15Posted 2/6/2013 1:22:18 AM
tlcstormz posted...
Rebecca DID NOT survive the mansion incident.

I know that is sad news, but...come on, ya'll. She is not alive.

She alive not dead
---
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
#16DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 1:36:30 AM(edited)
The events of both RE1 (Remake) and RE2 are ambiguous. It's actually a mix of both scenarios; which is canon, we'll never know for sure.
#17GoldsicklePosted 2/6/2013 1:49:11 AM
In early footage of the first RE, the other character was supposed to be an A.I. partner.

DetBeauregard posted...
The events of both RE1 (Remake) and RE2 are ambiguous.

Not so with RE2.

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Claire A & Leon B was the canon one, since Sherry did not get infected by William's parasite in the other scenario
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#18DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 1:58:00 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Not so with RE2.

I think it's pretty much confirmed that Claire A & Leon B was the canon one, since Sherry did not get infected by William's parasite in the other scenario

Sherry being infected with the G-virus was one of the aspects of Claire A / Leon B that carried over into the canon. It's generally accepted that Ada being thrown into the control panel by the Tyrant was canon, as well, since falling down the main shaft and surviving wasn't entirely practical. However, other aspects of the story, such as who met (and subsequently killed) Marvin, and who destroyed the giant alligator, are entirely ambiguous. Who met Kendo and traveled through more of Raccoon's streets? We'll never know.
#19GoldsicklePosted 2/6/2013 3:15:13 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
Sherry being infected with the G-virus was one of the aspects of Claire A / Leon B that carried over into the canon. It's generally accepted that Ada being thrown into the control panel by the Tyrant was canon, as well, since falling down the main shaft and surviving wasn't entirely practical. However, other aspects of the story, such as who met (and subsequently killed) Marvin, and who destroyed the giant alligator, are entirely ambiguous. Who met Kendo and traveled through more of Raccoon's streets? We'll never know.

It would be "better" if Leon met Marvin, since it's more fitting to the storyline.

Also, I prefer the way Darkside Chronicles depicted the final bosses where Claire & Leon worked together.

But I still like the idea of each character having their own boss, like how Claire faces William ("no, you can't have your daughter!"), while Leon faces Mr. X (payback for what it did to Ada).

Each protagonist having their own final boss was what they originally intended in the first incarnation of RE2.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#20ssj_duelistPosted 2/6/2013 3:40:42 AM
Smashwarlocks posted...
Jill freed Chris from the cell and chris killed tyrant.

This.

Chris HAS to kill Tyrant and Wesker HAS to die. Chris killing tyrant is the whole reason Wesker loathes him.