have you guys noticed the pattern for RE and Dead Space?

#1docman864Posted 2/5/2013 5:43:15 PM
scores are getting lower and lower. gameplay is becoming old.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2edward18Posted 2/5/2013 5:44:27 PM
Oh shut the **** up.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3tevin1569Posted 2/5/2013 5:47:08 PM
edward18 posted...
Oh shut the **** up.

That's from Edward.
SO TAKE IT!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#4AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 2/5/2013 5:48:31 PM
i know this is a troll, but if you look at the score for Revelations, it's just a percent or 2 under 5, so I don't think RE6 suffered from "stale gameplay"... i think it was too different for most people (including myself).
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>
#5docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:53:46 PM(edited)
not really trying to troll, but I don't think developers are trying hard enough. just look at Dead Space. People still play the first game more than they do with DS2. I went back to RE5 and RE4 after beating RE6.

Really looking forward to REvelations btw.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#6tevin1569Posted 2/5/2013 5:54:41 PM
docman864 posted...
not really trying to troll, but I don't think developers are trying hard enough. just look at Dead Space. People still play the first game more than they do with DS2. I went back to RE5 and RE4 after beating RE6.

Really looking forward to REvelations btw.

I go back to RE6.
I play Skyrim back to RE6
I play Fallout back to RE6
I play RE5 back to Re6.
I think I love RE6, actually I know I love RE6 the best :3
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#7Syn_VengeancePosted 2/5/2013 5:59:56 PM
docman864 posted...
scores are getting lower and lower. gameplay is becoming old.

Screw reviews i dont know why people pay attention to them, both series are good in my opinion and i cant wait to start dead space 3 tonight.
#8Dicer7Posted 2/5/2013 6:05:24 PM
It's publishers like EA and Capcom who think horror isn't a viable genre in today's gaming market who are the problem. EA actually believes Deadspace's "scares" have been hindering the series' success.
#9ZeeDoggePosted 2/5/2013 6:10:06 PM
Dicer7 posted...
It's publishers like EA and Capcom who think horror isn't a viable genre in today's gaming market who are the problem. EA actually believes Deadspace's "scares" have been hindering the series' success.

It's more like people have realized how terrible survival horror gameplay has been, and gotten off scott free because it was "scary". Devs were all "we have to improve gameplay, our sales are declining!", and then when they made the gameplay actually good on it's own apart from the scares, they said "Might as well focus on gameplay"
#10IlDankoPosted 2/5/2013 6:11:43 PM
Dicer7 posted...

And we can thank infinity ward and sledgehammer for that, if it wasn't for their Crap Of Duty all games that involve shooting wouldn't have become so generic
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993