have you guys noticed the pattern for RE and Dead Space?

#21FallenBluePosted 2/5/2013 7:28:12 PM
ZeeDogge posted...

I actually killed everything in past REs too. I can't run away effectively if the camera isn't showing me where I'm going or what's in front of me, so I just waited for the enemies to come to me and killed them off.

RE isn't really about running away from enemies as much as being efficient with ammo. For example, why waste 30+ handgun bullets in RE2 for a cluster of zombies if one shotgun shell will literally decap all or most of them. In RE4-6, it's about getting those melee prompts and again, using the right weapon for the job.

I guess you can chalk that up to experience. I chose not to use ammo like that because I was never really controlling the aim. I point in the general direction and hope it hits, unlike in RE4, where I can choose a headshot or a knee-shot (and then rush in for that tasty melee). Or CV, where I just went all Jack-the-Ripper.
#22saberstromPosted 2/5/2013 7:35:27 PM
i only play re 6 and pokemon snap right now.
#23ZeeDoggePosted 2/5/2013 7:43:07 PM
FallenBlue posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

I actually killed everything in past REs too. I can't run away effectively if the camera isn't showing me where I'm going or what's in front of me, so I just waited for the enemies to come to me and killed them off.

RE isn't really about running away from enemies as much as being efficient with ammo. For example, why waste 30+ handgun bullets in RE2 for a cluster of zombies if one shotgun shell will literally decap all or most of them. In RE4-6, it's about getting those melee prompts and again, using the right weapon for the job.

I guess you can chalk that up to experience. I chose not to use ammo like that because I was never really controlling the aim. I point in the general direction and hope it hits, unlike in RE4, where I can choose a headshot or a knee-shot (and then rush in for that tasty melee). Or CV, where I just went all Jack-the-Ripper.

I honestly didn't have any experience. I played through all of them before RE6 for the first time. The only time I really had to dodge enemies was the first bits of RE1. In the rest, I usually stood in the place with the longest sight lines and waited for them to come into view. If you actually searched for ammo, you had enough for pretty much all enemies that could harm you(as long as you used it effectively).
#24AnimesetsunaPosted 2/5/2013 8:12:41 PM
Why some people on DS3 board felt sad when reviewers just giving 8 only. 8 isn't good?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna likes Kana Hanazawa BUT HE CAN'T CALL HER BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE HER NUMBER (@w@)
#25GoldsicklePosted 2/5/2013 9:04:51 PM
Dicer7 posted...
It's publishers like EA and Capcom who think horror isn't a viable genre in today's gaming market who are the problem. EA actually believes Deadspace's "scares" have been hindering the series' success.

It's not something they personally believed.

If I'm not wrong, that's the feedback they received from testers.
They were too scared to play the game.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#26docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:31:09 PM
Animesetsuna posted...
Why some people on DS3 board felt sad when reviewers just giving 8 only. 8 isn't good?

8 is not a bad score. I'm just saying it scored lower than DS1 and 2.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#27StrongBlackVinePosted 2/5/2013 9:56:15 PM
Animesetsuna posted...

Because reviews impact sales and EA is threatening to kill the series without 5 million sold....
#28ridley723Posted 2/5/2013 10:20:22 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
docman864 posted...
FallenBlue posted...
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the change in the gameplay nature seems to be very natural to me, so long as they continue to use the same characters/storyline. If the characters continued to freak out and not carry high-powered weapons and run around scared, we would question their intelligence.

Silent Hill doesn't have to change its gameplay, because each game is about a new character. If there were 5 games with James Sutherland, at some point, he'd be yawning in the face of Pyramid Head. "You? AGAIN? Le sigh."

Notice how in Revlations, while people are praising the gameplay, you may also notice that you had more than enough ammo to kill everything dead. Its gameplay was closer to RE4 in style, than RE 1

don't see that as a problem. RE6 just kinda went off tangent even beyond what made RE4 great in the first place.

Combat is based on accurate hits and prompts, like RE4

And DS1 was scary, but to the point of feeling stale. Every opportunity to use a scare was taken, and it felt like the scares were totally predictable.

Agreed for the most part. The first maybe 1/3 of the game was scary. I found it easy to get desensitized to the whole experience.
#29ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/6/2013 12:15:07 AM
Because reviews impact sales and EA is threatening to kill the series without 5 million sold....

Sounds like EA is more vocal than Capcom about it. Funny how both these companies draw comparisons in so many ways.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#30Ryan-06Posted 2/6/2013 3:20:13 AM
edward18 posted...
Oh shut the **** up.

---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg