What the hell did I just play? obvious spoilers.

#1NineteenthCrossPosted 2/5/2013 7:11:32 PM
So it arrived from gamefly yesterday and I beat it today when I got back.
And yes.

I got questions, I need answers.

1. Can anybody explain away the inconsistencies?

Chris went from punching boulders in a volcano, laughing in the face of convection , making physics and reality kneel before his muscles to WHOOPS I DIED FROM TOUCHING THE WATER IN THE HARBOR.

2.Why is Leon's game pretty much : Leon Kennedy and the Temple of Doom?

A Hidden lab under a church, okay. Nothing new, this is RE.
....An ancient french/ mayan / illuminati /whatever crypt temple underneath a Cathedral.
Okay. That's cool. Giant untouched labyrinths have been in RE games before. .
A fully functional mineshaft and secret altar grounds beneath it all. . Fine if you're Indiana Jones.
Which is all cool till you remember.. It's all located in NORTH AMERICA.

Wut. That entire area is less plausible than anything Umbrella ever built and these are the folks who required two key cards, a math puzzle and two people simultaneously pulling a level to activate an EMERGENCY BRAKE ON A TRAIN.

3. What did Pierce really inject himself with?
The game says it was the C-Virus, but if I recall, that's the T-G Virus developed by Morpheus that allows a person to shoot electricity. Considering that the game is kinda short on files , I'm stuck. Any insight into this?

4. Why doesn't the BSAA rock actual gas masks or anti-chemical equipment?
I MEAN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADERS IN ANTI-BIOWEAPONS BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE ONE, ONE ALLIED NPC HAD A GAS MASK.
The Neo Umbrella Soldiers don't even need gasmasks and they're wearing them!

5. Leon and Helena spend a good portion of the game being within arms distance of the BLUE ZOMBIE GAS and never get infected, are they specifically immune or are they just beyond lucky? Even Jill was never that lucky and got infected with the T-Virus.

6. This question is a little adult but yeah.
Why didn't Simmons just hire a hooker and force her through plastic surgery and slap on one of those mindcontroller thingamjiggers they have lying around in their world?

God. The guy went to Lezard Valeth lengths to score with Ada, gets rejected. And what does he do, ruin countless lives because of his boner.

All and all, the game was fun. Too many qtes and annoying "Lol is this a cutsene or is it just readying up for an instant death QTE the minute you look away".
Really wished it used the Resident Evil ORC engine because this pre-rendered crap is dated as hell and totally kills the immersion.
"OH LOOK BULLETS FLYING EVERYWHERE.. . . . The environment is perfectly unharmed, unless it's scripted."
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#2PyroSparkPosted 2/5/2013 7:27:13 PM
I loved it. It's a video game. Since when was it supposed to make sense? o_o
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3edward18Posted 2/5/2013 7:30:51 PM
I loved it. It's a video game. Since when was it supposed to make sense? o_o

Since RE set up rules for how things go in its universe.

The game says it was the C-Virus, but if I recall, that's the T-G Virus developed by Morpheus that allows a person to shoot electricity. Considering that the game is kinda short on files , I'm stuck. Any insight into this?

C is T-VERONICA and G combined.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4ZeroX2010Posted 2/5/2013 7:39:49 PM(edited)
NineteenthCross posted...
So it arrived from gamefly yesterday and I beat it today when I got back.
And yes.

I got questions, I need answers.

Chris went from punching boulders in a volcano, laughing in the face of convection , making physics and reality kneel before his muscles to WHOOPS I DIED FROM TOUCHING THE WATER IN THE HARBOR.

2.Why is Leon's game pretty much : Leon Kennedy and the Temple of Doom?

A Hidden lab under a church, okay. Nothing new, this is RE.
....An ancient french/ mayan / illuminati /whatever crypt temple underneath a Cathedral.
Okay. That's cool. Giant untouched labyrinths have been in RE games before. .
A fully functional mineshaft and secret altar grounds beneath it all. . Fine if you're Indiana Jones.
Which is all cool till you remember.. It's all located in NORTH AMERICA.

Wut. That entire area is less plausible than anything Umbrella ever built and these are the folks who required two key cards, a math puzzle and two people simultaneously pulling a level to activate an EMERGENCY BRAKE ON A TRAIN.

4. Why doesn't the BSAA rock actual gas masks or anti-chemical equipment?
I MEAN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADERS IN ANTI-BIOWEAPONS BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE ONE, ONE ALLIED NPC HAD A GAS MASK.
The Neo Umbrella Soldiers don't even need gasmasks and they're wearing them!

5. Leon and Helena spend a good portion of the game being within arms distance of the BLUE ZOMBIE GAS and never get infected, are they specifically immune or are they just beyond lucky? Even Jill was never that lucky and got infected with the T-Virus.

6. This question is a little adult but yeah.
Why didn't Simmons just hire a hooker and force her through plastic surgery and slap on one of those mindcontroller thingamjiggers they have lying around in their world?

God. The guy went to Lezard Valeth lengths to score with Ada, gets rejected. And what does he do, ruin countless lives because of his boner.

All and all, the game was fun. Too many qtes and annoying "Lol is this a cutsene or is it just readying up for an instant death QTE the minute you look away".
Really wished it used the Resident Evil ORC engine because this pre-rendered crap is dated as hell and totally kills the immersion.
"OH LOOK BULLETS FLYING EVERYWHERE.. . . . The environment is perfectly unharmed, unless it's scripted."

I'll try to answer your questions.

1. The only thing I can say is that it was just gameplay related. This one does baffle me.

2. Simmons was a member of the Family, which is just the RE equivalent to the Illuminati. The catacombs were where his family was buried. Anything related to Simmons and the Family was outright ridiculous, even for this series.

3. That was an enhanced version of the C-Virus. It was made from adding Jake's blood cells to the regular C-Virus. Carla and Simmons were injected with the other two doses of the virus. C-Virus mutations in general were pretty random compared to other viruses in the series.

4. The BSAA didn't really wear gas masks to begin with. I don't remember them wearing any in RE5. I assume they didn't know about the C-Virus' gas.

5. If you linger long enough in the gas, they become zombies. There is a reason you have to haul ass at the start of the final chapter of Leon's campaign.

6. Because the director of the game was an idiot for thinking of this plot? Simmons was just a crappier villain than Wesker in RE5. Seriously, the plot was terrible.
#5edward18Posted 2/5/2013 7:38:33 PM
don't get worse than Saddler
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6ZeroX2010Posted 2/5/2013 7:41:50 PM
edward18 posted...

Saddler and his cult are a close third to the two main antagonists in RE6.
#7DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 12:53:22 AM
edward18 posted...

If 4's story was actually handled properly, it would have been a decent plot, even for the RE series. But its execution was the problem; it became more of a 3rd-rate comedy (although funny at times) than a legitimate story about horror and bioweapons. If the ending credits didn't move you, I don't know what would.

RE6 was terrible by comparison, from every perspective.
#8Dicer7Posted 2/6/2013 1:17:18 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
edward18 posted...

If 4's story was actually handled properly, it would have been a decent plot, even for the RE series. But its execution was the problem; it became more of a 3rd-rate comedy (although funny at times) than a legitimate story about horror and bioweapons. If the ending credits didn't move you, I don't know what would.

RE6 was terrible by comparison, from every perspective.

Yeah the credits for RE4 were really eerie and kind of disturbing, maybe moreso than the rest of the game.

I agree that RE6's story is just horrible, almost in an opposite way RE4 was. Even on paper the plot sounds completely ridiculous but the game tries so hard to sell it as serious drama.
#9Dial_A_JokePosted 2/6/2013 3:05:10 AM
NineteenthCross posted...

When does this happen? I don't recall anything like this :/?
---
How's that for a slice of fried gold?
PSN: GoodNewsOke
#10solstriderxPosted 2/6/2013 4:50:33 AM
LOL. If the National Treasure movies can get away with putting a treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence and all the other hidden places in America, then RE can as well!