What the hell did I just play? obvious spoilers.

#11goku4ever03Posted 2/6/2013 6:34:27 AM
The game is littered with inconsistencies and plot holes. Here are a few I picked up on.

*SPOILERS FOR LEON AND CHRIS CAMPAIGNS*

Leon Chapter 2-3

From the moment Leona and Helena make it to the Cathedral, all they do is go down. They begin by going down the stairs to the laboratory, down a few stairs where they have to pull all the levers, then down the duct, then down to the platform where Deborah is. They then take Deborah down all those walkways and bridges, mutated Deborah then smashes the ground, making them fall lower. They then go down more walkways until knocked further down by mutated Deborah who then smashes the ground again and falling down again. Leon then goes further down walkways (or a tram on a lift for Helena and Ada).When Leon joins them, hhe tram then takes them further down until the end of the line where the're knocked even furter down. When chapter 3 begins, Leon and Helena eventually pull a lever in the catacombs which takes them further down to the tombs. In the tombs they keep on walking further down until the place starts coming down and the water that catches up with them and takes them down even further. During the first fight with Brzak they end up being taken even further down. During the final fight with Brzak they are being dragged by the water further down until they end up coming out.....just above sea level.

Leon Chapter 3-4

In the end of Leon chapter 3 it's the dawn of July 31st, so at least 6am. China is 11-16 hours ahead of USA local time so it would be at least 7pm there. In Leon chapter 4 it's still July 31st and seemingly night time. So within the space of an hour or two, Leon and Helena, from where they were at the end of chapter three, manage to board a plane on a US and make it above Chinese airspace, all whilst pretending they're dead.

Chris Chapter 5

There is an underwater oil field which houses Haos, Carla and Neo-Umbrellas' ultimate weapon and master plan. It also has Jake and Sherry held hostage. It must be an absolute fortress to merely try and land there, let alone get in. Nope, you land perfectly fine, just press a button and are taken down into it. Well there must be a hell of security and personnel in there all heavily armed and supplied. Nope, you just walk into an empty the security room and turn everything off with a push of a few buttons.

As for Haos? This huge B.O.W. that is supposed to infect the whole world and take over what remains of it? Taken down by two soldiers who had just seen it and found out about its existence, one of whom is fighting off a mutation at the same time. Some threat that was.

*END SPOILERS FOR LEON AND CHRIS CAMPAIGNS*

There are loads more, but I can't be bothered to go on.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#12PyroSparkPosted 2/6/2013 7:05:33 AM
Dicer7 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
edward18 posted...
don't get worse than Saddler

If 4's story was actually handled properly, it would have been a decent plot, even for the RE series. But its execution was the problem; it became more of a 3rd-rate comedy (although funny at times) than a legitimate story about horror and bioweapons. If the ending credits didn't move you, I don't know what would.

RE6 was terrible by comparison, from every perspective.

Yeah the credits for RE4 were really eerie and kind of disturbing, maybe moreso than the rest of the game.

I agree that RE6's story is just horrible, almost in an opposite way RE4 was. Even on paper the plot sounds completely ridiculous but the game tries so hard to sell it as serious drama.

Nah, RE6's story was definitely more epic than RE4's. Who had a simple action movie storyline outside of the end credits.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#13DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 9:43:58 AM
goku4ever03 posted...
Leon Chapter 3-4

In the end of Leon chapter 3 it's the dawn of July 31st, so at least 6am. China is 11-16 hours ahead of USA local time so it would be at least 7pm there. In Leon chapter 4 it's still July 31st and seemingly night time. So within the space of an hour or two, Leon and Helena, from where they were at the end of chapter three, manage to board a plane on a US and make it above Chinese airspace, all whilst pretending they're dead.

Chris Chapter 5

There is an underwater oil field which houses Haos, Carla and Neo-Umbrellas' ultimate weapon and master plan. It also has Jake and Sherry held hostage. It must be an absolute fortress to merely try and land there, let alone get in. Nope, you land perfectly fine, just press a button and are taken down into it. Well there must be a hell of security and personnel in there all heavily armed and supplied. Nope, you just walk into an empty the security room and turn everything off with a push of a few buttons.

You bring up some great points. Leon and Helena need Hunnigan to fake their deaths, yet hours later board a plane filled with the same US Secret Service agents whom they're trying to avoid. Brilliant, Leon.

I think a battle on the surface of the oil platform during that storm would have been awesome. Imagine fighting some J'avo in a non-linear environment and looking for some security keys they're carrying to access the deeper levels of the facility (kind of like the last non-boss section of RE4). But instead, Capcom took the easy route and opted to open the chapter with a dramatic scene as opposed to great gameplay. Go figure, in a time when game developers care far more about the plot of a game than the actual damned gameplay and mechanics...

PyroSpark posted...
Nah, RE6's story was definitely more epic than RE4's. Who had a simple action movie storyline outside of the end credits.

More epic in a Michael Bay, summer blockbuster, more-explosions-are-better type of way? Perhaps. But I was thinking less "college fratboy bro epic" and more about the actual weight of the plot, as well as the atmosphere. In my opinion, RE4 destroys RE6 in that regard.
#14ShengaliPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:34 PM
NineteenthCross posted...
So it arrived from gamefly yesterday and I beat it today when I got back.
And yes.

I got questions, I need answers.

1. Can anybody explain away the inconsistencies?

Chris went from punching boulders in a volcano, laughing in the face of convection , making physics and reality kneel before his muscles to WHOOPS I DIED FROM TOUCHING THE WATER IN THE HARBOR.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant here. If this is in regards to his personality though, it's been years since RE5 and Chris "F@#K BOULDERS!!" Redfield has been changed due to the incident that occured 6 months before the game. The game actually has you play that incident as his Ch. 2 then jumps right back to the current/china time period.

Ch. 2 was messed up. I'd be pissed too. They explain it more in some of the files too, such as when he recovered he couldn't remember a lot of things - blocked memories due to trama - and ran from the hospital before anyone could ID him. Lived as a drunk trying to deal with unexplainable guilt since. 6 months later you see Piers find him in the beginning of his campaign.

Does this answer your question? I still haven't figured out what you mean...
#15CPU-ZPosted 2/6/2013 4:35:11 PM
He means why Chris instantly dies if he lands in the water. The water is calm, and Chris can swim, so I don't get it either.
#16DetBeauregardPosted 2/6/2013 4:36:37 PM
CPU-Z posted...
He means why Chris instantly dies if he lands in the water. The water is calm, and Chris can swim, so I don't get it either.

It's just a gameplay mechanic.
#17YermomHoudiniPosted 2/6/2013 4:52:06 PM(edited)
4. Why doesn't the BSAA rock actual gas masks or anti-chemical equipment?
I MEAN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADERS IN ANTI-BIOWEAPONS BUT FOR CHRIST SAKE ONE, ONE ALLIED NPC HAD A GAS MASK.
The Neo Umbrella Soldiers don't even need gasmasks and they're wearing them!

same reason as in killzone 3, because the mask thing is insta nazi antagonist comparison, it's lazy design to give you easy evil looking enemies

protagonists always get their own faces to make them less intimidating
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#18CPU-ZPosted 2/6/2013 4:58:47 PM
I understand it's a gameplay mechanic, DetBeauregard. I just find it dumb is all.
#19YermomHoudiniPosted 2/6/2013 5:10:56 PM
1. Can anybody explain away the inconsistencies?

Chris went from punching boulders in a volcano, laughing in the face of convection , making physics and reality kneel before his muscles to WHOOPS I DIED FROM TOUCHING THE WATER IN THE HARBOR.

DetBeauregard posted...
CPU-Z posted...

It's just a gameplay mechanic.

it's not just gameplay mechanics, the chopper is still firing its weapons. even if the water absorbs the bullet impact, the bullets still have the power to damage chris, not to mention the missile are still exploding on the surface. even if chris try to swim to the building, he will still get killed either way.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#20ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/6/2013 5:23:48 PM(edited)
You bring up some great points. Leon and Helena need Hunnigan to fake their deaths, yet hours later board a plane filled with the same US Secret Service agents whom they're trying to avoid. Brilliant, Leon.

I think a battle on the surface of the oil platform during that storm would have been awesome. Imagine fighting some J'avo in a non-linear environment and looking for some security keys they're carrying to access the deeper levels of the facility (kind of like the last non-boss section of RE4). But instead, Capcom took the easy route and opted to open the chapter with a dramatic scene as opposed to great gameplay. Go figure, in a time when game developers care far more about the plot of a game than the actual damned gameplay and mechanics...

Didn't Capcom say themselves they had to cut down some of the game so they wouldn't go over budget?

I think longer stages could've been possible but got cut due to time constraints which is a damn shame.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990