how many months, or years before this games goes over 10 million in sales?

#1saberstromPosted 2/6/2013 5:32:04 AM
look at the first one still selling 15 years later to reach millions more, will 6 be up to 10 or more million 15 years from now or will it take just a year or 2?
#2GoldsicklePosted 2/6/2013 5:45:45 AM
Even years after a game's release, people still buy it new from stores (like how I just bought the Mega Man Collection for PS2 weeks ago).

RE5 & 6 sold at a faster rate than the previous games.
In a decade, it might sell far more than it's predecessors, despite the older games' long head start.

RE5 already achieved sales in a few months that RE2 took 10 years to reach.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#3MakoChanXPosted 2/6/2013 7:08:42 AM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...

Oh please, because gaming was just as popular back then as it is now? Plus the fact that Resident Evil wasn't an established franchise back then, that's a really cheap comparison.

I would go so far as to bet a limb, that if they did a RE2 REmake, it would easily best Resident Evil sales records.

Not that sales make any difference to the quality of a game, but all you guys seem bent on pitching sales and how important they are, so I guess I need to get dirty with the dogs sometimes too. ;)
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdnau3FARq1rkuymjo8_250.gif
#4Narugarex13Posted 2/6/2013 7:10:43 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Even years after a game's release, people still buy it new from stores (like how I just bought the Mega Man Collection for PS2 weeks ago).

RE5 & 6 sold at a faster rate than the previous games.
In a decade, it might sell far more than it's predecessors, despite the older games' long head start.

Never gonna happen....

Dude, RE5 got its sales figure thanks to RE4's rave reviews and gameplay standards.... RE2 was a niche entry to the Horror genre as with RE1 whilst RE5 is the first RE game to hit the next gen console AND people expected it to be as good as RE4 so of course the sales are great for RE5.

RE2's sales might not be as quick as RE5 or 6 but be mindful of the year of their release, the gameplay mechanics, context and target audience which all changed over the years. RE5 and 6 are ACTION oriented with a lot of hype given to each pre-sales, RE2 didn't have that sort of pre-release hype.

What is wrong with your head mate? (>_O)
#5slapper1Posted 2/6/2013 7:19:48 AM
RE 6 will most likely never hut the 10 million mark due to it's immense loss of "selling steam". That being said, I'd guess about a decade or so if at all.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#6GoldsicklePosted 2/6/2013 9:53:50 AM
MakoChanX posted...
Oh please, because gaming was just as popular back then as it is now?

No, it's because old school RE isn't popular.
Things only started picking up after RE4 was released.

I would go so far as to bet a limb, that if they did a RE2 REmake, it would easily best Resident Evil sales records.

You're out of your mind if you think that tank controls, awkward aiming and prerendered backgrounds would actually sell in this day and age.

Narugarex13 posted...
Dude, RE5 got its sales figure thanks to RE4's rave reviews and gameplay standards....

So what if it is?
Any sales or commercial success has a factor or two that contributed to it.

It still doesn't change that RE5 sold at a much faster rate than any of the RE games.

RE2 didn't have that sort of pre-release hype.

They had TV ads made by George A. Romero himself back then

What is wrong with your head mate? (>_O)

What's wrong with yours?
You seem to be all offended and defensive just at the mere mention of RE5 being the fastest-selling in the series, giving all sorts of excuses to downplay on it's success.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#7saberstrom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:03:45 AM
MakoChanX posted...
Goldsickle posted...

Oh please, because gaming was just as popular back then as it is now? Plus the fact that Resident Evil wasn't an established franchise back then, that's a really cheap comparison.

Not that sales make any difference to the quality of a game, but all you guys seem bent on pitching sales and how important they are, so I guess I need to get dirty with the dogs sometimes too. ;)

very true about re2 remake. if their do it as good as re-make it will sell 10 million in a month!
#8Narugarex13Posted 2/7/2013 12:31:57 AM
Goldsickle posted...
No, it's because old school RE isn't popular.
Things only started picking up after RE4 was released.

You're out of your mind if you think that tank controls, awkward aiming and prerendered backgrounds would actually sell in this day and age.

So what if it is?
Any sales or commercial success has a factor or two that contributed to it.

It still doesn't change that RE5 sold at a much faster rate than any of the RE games.

So what if it is? Dude, it does change the fact on HOW the sales are made. Customer loyalty and the general population's taste for action/horror genre such as RE4 is what lead many to hype RE5 hence the sales speed. logic.

RE2 had commercials true but they didn't have internet coverage as much as RE5 did. Communication had gone through a lot and RE5 had a more accessible array of options in terms of getting news on the fly. >.> RE2 was stuck to pamphlets, tv ads and minor influences of hearsays at best.

Did I even say any degrading remark on you statement about RE5's success? If anything, I helped you out to point that RE5's hype is the greatest out of the RE titles so far. >_>

If logical and rational thinking means something is wrong with my head then yeah I guess there is something wrong with my head.

If you want to remark my statement as that I'm offended then I'll play along, comparing RE2 and RE5's sales speed is a rather shoddy move to begin with, it's obvious that both are leagues away in terms of their hype and marketing capability. RE2 didn't have the fanbase that RE5 had due to their predecessor. True RE2 got RE1's success to depend on but again, tv commercials and horror hype isn't as big as action hypes, which is one of RE5's strength; being an action "horror". All of which is the main reason for sales speed.

"Old school" RE had a specific target audience; horror fans. RE5 catered to action fans which is much wider in scope than horror so of course the sales are higher since it promised both target audience range.....

horror = 1
action = 2

"Old school RE" = 1
RE 5 = (1+2) = 3.....

duh(?)

If oldschool RE isn't popular, you wouldn't have RE4 to begin with, ergo the whole action packed RE entries after 4.

RE5 had tank controls but nobody complained about it since the camera is ots instead of preset, I don't see why tank controls are so bad.

prerendered background are still in use today, back then, it's what devs MUST do to compensate with technological & graphical limitations. Triple A titles these days still use the method to cover some blanks on their game's scenery as a quick fix, which isn't a bad thing really.
#9AnimesetsunaPosted 2/7/2013 12:53:38 AM
What if the next RE game can reach to 10m in less than half months?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Setsuna likes Kana Hanazawa BUT HE CAN'T CALL HER BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE HER NUMBER (@w@)
#10IlDankoPosted 2/7/2013 6:04:34 AM
Animesetsuna posted...
What if the next RE game can reach to 10m in less than half months?

Capcom will call themselves Capcoin
---
I will suffer, I will burn, let hate prevail enslaved my soul but I'll never surrender
PSN: Dan21993