how many months, or years before this games goes over 10 million in sales?

#11AnimesetsunaPosted 2/7/2013 7:08:31 AM
IlDanko posted...
Animesetsuna posted...
What if the next RE game can reach to 10m in less than half months?

Capcom will call themselves Capcoin

Coincom better.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Thanks to Kana Hanazawa that I touched Money God at PS@Home Asia(@w@)
#12slapper1Posted 2/7/2013 7:35:07 AM
^ I'm thinking Blingcom
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#13IlDankoPosted 2/7/2013 8:00:52 AM
Or Cashcom
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#14DigimonTrainerPosted 2/7/2013 9:52:03 AM
I'll honestly be surprised if it ever, ever breaks their initial 7 million target. If the game has indeed actually sold 4.8 million already (as opposed to shifted, I imagine this game topping out at 6-7 million total in the long run, considering it was hype that sold this game and it has already lost practically all it's selling momentum now that it's been on the shelves for a few months.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#15GoldsicklePosted 2/8/2013 6:59:07 AM
Narugarex13 posted...
Customer loyalty and the general population's taste for action/horror genre such as RE4 is what lead many to hype RE5 hence the sales speed. logic.

Citations, where? Otherwise, this is just speculation.

comparing RE2 and RE5's sales speed is a rather shoddy move to begin with,

Not really, RE2 was the best-selling of the old-school format and the last time the old school RE was really commercially successful.
Sales started dropping from RE3.

Doesn't matter what era or what generation, sales continued to drop with Code: VERONICA and Resident Evil 0 was the last straw.
This is when Capcom, Shinji and co. thought "enough is enough" and revamped the game to draw new fans.

RE5 had tank controls but nobody complained about it

Because players can choose to ignore them completely in favor of the Gears Of War style strafing.

prerendered background are still in use today, back then, it's what devs MUST do to compensate with technological & graphical limitations.

I'm aware that limitations still exists and developers are still using old methods from the PlayStation era to optimize (such as model-swapping).

But prerendered backgrounds are totally, totally useless and pointless for the current generation.
For starters, 2D images eat RAM like ravenous rats.
Sprite sets for games like Blazblue and Persona Arena uses up more RAM than textures of a CoD game.

Imagine what would happen if they used HD, full-screen photo-realistic images (especially the bigger, scrolling ones).
Streaming will be screwed and loading times will increase.

Prerendered backgrounds has absolutely no merits for this day and age.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".