Im actually looking forward to Resident Evil 7

#1FireMadePrimePosted 2/6/2013 8:22:11 AM
I hope capcom hear the fans and actually bring Claire back along with Chris, Leon and Jill.

RE6 could have been much more fan service if it had a campaign with Jill and Claire.
---
MvC2 team: Cyclops, Mega Man and Ken
MvC3 and UMvC3 team: Phoenix, Jill and Morrigan.
#2MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/6/2013 8:25:49 AM
Forget fan service, I just want a good game.

I'm also looking forward to RE7 though. Only this time I won't set my expectations so high.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#3FireMadePrime(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:32:00 AM
MallyPureSmooth posted...

I'm also looking forward to RE7 though. Only this time I won't set my expectations so high.

I dont get why most people say that RE6 failed. The game its so pretty and have many different gameplay styles.

I confess that I was hoping more from RE6 though.
---
MvC2 team: Cyclops, Mega Man and Ken
MvC3 and UMvC3 team: Phoenix, Jill and Morrigan.
#4MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/6/2013 8:42:12 AM
FireMadePrime posted...
MallyPureSmooth posted...

I dont get why most people say that RE6 failed. The game its so pretty and have many different gameplay styles.

I confess that I was hoping more from RE6 though.

The main problems (for me at least) are the questionable design choices. Such as the often boring environments, the skill system, non-upgradeable weapons, no replay value, lack of challenge (even on higher difficulties), waaayyy too many QTE's, and a camera that forces you to see what it wants, when it wants.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#5badbadkittyPosted 2/6/2013 8:48:40 AM
FireMadePrime posted...
I hope capcom hear the fans and actually bring Claire back along with Chris, Leon and Jill.

RE6 could have been much more fan service if it had a campaign with Jill and Claire.

RE6 could have been great if Capcom had made it fun to play. The boss fights were horrible, (Jakes was downright laughable), and most of the game was a slog on par with the Bataan death march. Ok, it wasn't that bad for a Japanese slogfest.
#6good_tobiPosted 2/7/2013 1:33:24 PM
FireMadePrime posted...
I dont get why most people say that RE6 failed.

and I don't get why you want four of those characters.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#7tevin1569Posted 2/7/2013 5:26:56 PM(edited)
Realistically I don't see Claire coming back unless they pull Chris missing again...He needs to tell his sister where he is going.

I look forward to all Resident Evils that are numbered or labeled Outbreak :D
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#8DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 5:34:37 PM
FireMadePrime posted...
much more fan service

They covered that with Sherry's third chapter.

I don't care about fan service. Yeah, I'd prefer to see Claire over other characters, but the gameplay is what needs a reboot. More exploration, less linearity, more interaction with the environment, more in-game files and detail, etc. RE5 and 6 are pretty much just walking in a straight line the entire time. No thanks.

badbadkitty posted...
RE6 could have been great if Capcom had made it fun to play.

This.

The game's quality has nothing to do with characters or even the abysmal story, but the actual gameplay itself. And most of the boss fights really were horrible; they were more like chores than fun. I really only liked the Ogromans, Lepos, and a few Ustanaks (warehouse, crash site, lava). Jake's final hand-to-hand with Ustanak was terrible, though.
#9good_tobiPosted 2/8/2013 2:25:55 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Realistically I don't see Claire coming back unless

Steve returns lol.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.