God damn it! Capcom did it again (spoilers)

#31FallenBluePosted 2/7/2013 6:22:59 PM
I honestly thought Piers was going to be the next Chris, because if we're honest, the original cast of RE are getting older and they should soon be hitting the desks.
#32SolidStryderPosted 2/7/2013 6:29:22 PM
MW3fan90 posted...
DetBeauregard posted...
MW3fan90 posted...
Do you think he would have eventually lost consciousness of himself, or still be able to think rationally?

It depends. Was the C-virus that he injected himself with the same strain that Carla and Simmons used? If so, anything's possible. If it was just the vanilla C-virus, however, he would have simply become a mindless J'avo. But since the mercenaries at the beginning of Jake's campaign transform into J'avo almost instantly, I'm betting that Piers used the enhanced C-virus.

I think it was the enhanced one, and why I think Piers didn't want to get in the escape pod. He wasn't afraid of losing consciousness and possibly killing Chris, but that he'd be a test subject for god knows how long.

I think you're right on that account. I'm trying to remember, the case he got the vial from had two empty slots, didn't it? It's just an assumption but looking at the unique properties and the fact that all 3 of them kept their personalities after transforming, they were all transformed by the enhanced virus. Whether or not Carla and Simmons were completely insane before that happened or it was a side effect of the virus, I'm not sure lol
#33DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 7:05:49 PM(edited)
SolidStryder posted...
I think you're right on that account. I'm trying to remember, the case he got the vial from had two empty slots, didn't it? It's just an assumption but looking at the unique properties and the fact that all 3 of them kept their personalities after transforming, they were all transformed by the enhanced virus. Whether or not Carla and Simmons were completely insane before that happened or it was a side effect of the virus, I'm not sure lol

If it really was the enhanced C-virus that Piers injected himself with, I'd say that both Simmons and Carla were quite unstable before they were infected. Piers was losing his body, but his humanity was still very much intact, or he wouldn't have sacrificed himself and killed Haos. The regular C-virus would have programmed him to let Haos live, no?

It doesn't explain why Simmons was able to become a transformer, or why Carla became goo. Did they have control over what they mutated into? Did Piers want to become Pikachu?
#34FallenBluePosted 2/7/2013 7:29:08 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
SolidStryder posted...

If it really was the enhanced C-virus that Piers injected himself with, I'd say that both Simmons and Carla were quite unstable before they were infected. Piers was losing his body, but his humanity was still very much intact, or he wouldn't have sacrificed himself and killed Haos. The regular C-virus would have programmed him to let Haos live, no?

It doesn't explain why Simmons was able to become a transformer, or why Carla became goo. Did they have control over what they mutated into? Did Piers want to become Pikachu?

Ok, this is just pure, unfounded, crazy speculation, but maybe it has to do with the people's mentality. I think this is a bit of a common theme for those infected in the RE series. Those with strong wills tend to be able to hold off mutations/build resistances. Also, those that willingly infect themselves tend to have better control over themselves. (Granted, in some cases it's due to natural resistance or good planning, but still....theme still carries)

-Wesker's perhaps the first example of this. Even when his mutation runs out of control, he still maintains a humanoid shape and his intelligence.
-Then there's Alexia. Like Wesker, she took steps to maintain her mind, and it's reflected in her mutation. Regardless of how she mutates, part of it still remains human.
-Steve managed to regain his humanity in the end, and unlike the rest of his body, his head was relatively normal.
-Marcus and his leeches. Even though the actual Marcus is dead, the leeches absorbed his body, took on his shape, and assumed his memory, goals, and intelligence.
-Ubstank looked forward to undergoing mutation, and as a mutation, was both human-shaped and very intelligent.
-Carla is a person whose identity was stolen. She thinks she's both Ada and not. As a result, she has no strong sense of identity and yet at the same time many. So she turns into a morphous blob that manifests many Adas.
-Simmons, with both his temper, rage, and feelings of being a ruler, he turns into feral beasts that get progressively larger (T-Rex, KING of dinosaurs) and more powerful.
-Piers just wanted to heal his arm and help Chris, so he manifests as a mostly human shape with a weapon on his arm.

Yeah, I know. Total bull plop. I blame my middle-school English teacher who found oodles of symbolism in Lord of the Flies. Like in every word. I kept expecting her to tell us she was making it all up as she went, and that was the power of people seeing whatever they want to, when they put their minds to it.
#35edward18Posted 2/7/2013 7:39:16 PM
The only viral agent that ever seemed to be based around mental/emotional state in notes was (what I can only assume) is Wesker's virus which is what (I can only assume) Sergei seemed to be using (from what I was able to piece together)...setting up for a bit of disappointment in Wesker's transformation in 5 for me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#36SolidStryderPosted 2/7/2013 7:41:42 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
SolidStryder posted...

LOL I'm not sure anyone wants to become Pikachu. I'll have to look up the C virus but I'm not sure if there's certain predetermined mutation or if it's random. The first time we saw Carla infect someone directly Finn turned into a napad after entering a cocoon, the second time the guy carrying the C4 in Chris chapter 3 turned into the bee man. Carla, Simmons, and Piers all changed without the downtime of a cocoon and kept their personality after physically changing (maybe the mutation is based on the persons genetic code or something? No clue lol), but it seemed to me the more they progressed after the initial infection the more they changed mentally.

Carla and Simmons were both calculating individuals who became much more psychotic and aggressive after the transformation. Simmons spent most of the fight accusing Ada of betraying him then trying to convince her they were meant to be together, all while he's trying to kill everyone without regard for her safety. Maybe it just pushed 2 already unstable people over the edge, and Piers chose to stay behind because he felt the virus physically changing him more and more, and had already seen what happened when other BSAA soldiers had fully mutated.
#37largerockPosted 2/14/2013 8:16:39 AM(edited)
AROOOOOOooooooooo...
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.