I wonder if people who Develop horror games have noticed something yet...

#91Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:31:02 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

The Sith aren't the first to use Robes. Wesker in RE5 is shamelessly dressed like a Matrix Character, and moves like one too.

Neo isn't the first person to dress in all black. And there was an area you had to backtrack, the swamp the I o so lothed.

The all Leather Suit With a Leather Trenchcoat over it, the sunglasses, the dodging, all Directly ripped from the Matrix. Sadler's robe on the other hand is much more elaborate than the Sith's, and his powers are nothing alike.

The swamp isn't backtracking, it's one big open area that can be finished in a circuit.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#92Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:31:56 PM
Google Metroidvania, it's kind of a thing.

And there were plenty of Classic RE clones back in the day, that's kinda what killed the genre before RE4 revived it.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#93Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:33:25 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

The Sith aren't the first to use Robes. Wesker in RE5 is shamelessly dressed like a Matrix Character, and moves like one too.

Neo isn't the first person to dress in all black. And there was an area you had to backtrack, the swamp the I o so lothed.

The all Leather Suit With a Leather Trenchcoat over it, the sunglasses, the dodging, all Directly ripped from the Matrix. Sadler's robe on the other hand is much more elaborate than the Sith's, and his powers are nothing alike.

The swamp isn't backtracking, it's one big open area that can be finished in a circuit.

Sadler robe was not elaborate hahaha its a purple robe that looks exactly like the siths. He even has a follower that looks exactly like count douko, the big cheese!
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#94AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 2/6/2013 5:38:43 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
And there were plenty of Classic RE clones back in the day, that's kinda what killed the genre before RE4 revived it.

I don't really think that's true. None of the clones ever sold enough to influence the RE sales...

Honestly, putting REmake and RE0 on GameCube made the perception that the classic style was dead. RE4 only sold a tiny bit more than REmake and RE0. RE4 PS2 eclipsed RE4's sales on GC, but the bean counters decided that meant the genre was dead, and not because GC owners were less numerous and less interested in classic style games.

If REmake were on PS2, we might have had a different story.
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>
#95Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:38:51 PM
A giant bald Dark Bearded guy looks like Christopher Lee to you? You must be super high.

http://download.gamespotcdn.net/d4/user_images/1368/osmundsaddleriresidentevil4_2.jpg

Saddler's robe has a ton of detail and designs on it.

Palpatine's is just a plain black robe.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5017/palpatineo.jpg
---
#96Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:40:18 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

I don't really think that's true. None of the clones ever sold enough to influence the RE sales...

Honestly, putting REmake and RE0 on GameCube made the perception that the classic style was dead. RE4 only sold a tiny bit more than REmake and RE0. RE4 PS2 eclipsed RE4's sales on GC, but the bean counters decided that meant the genre was dead, and not because GC owners were less numerous and less interested in classic style games.

If REmake were on PS2, we might have had a different story.

The market was over-saturated, and each RE after 2 suffered a drop in sales across all systems, even CVX on PS2 couldn't salvage the classic series.
---
#97Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:40:47 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
A giant bald Dark Bearded guy looks like Christopher Lee to you? You must be super high.

http://download.gamespotcdn.net/d4/user_images/1368/osmundsaddleriresidentevil4_2.jpg

Looks like weskers cloak is made of snake skin to me, so according to your logic, wesker looks NOTHING like neo
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#98Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:43:57 PM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
Mister_Zurkon posted...

Looks like weskers cloak is made of snake skin to me, so according to your logic, wesker looks NOTHING like neo

Because snakeskin is perfect squares...

A robe is a fairly generic outfit, The Matrix Copying is pretty obvious, even down to Wesker Dodging bullets the exact same way.
---
#99Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/6/2013 5:46:01 PM
And if it was Snakeskin, it would be Morpheous's Matrix coat, so kind of a silly counterpoint.
---
#100Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:50:39 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
And if it was Snakeskin, it would be Morpheous's Matrix coat, so kind of a silly counterpoint.

Dude he looks exactly like the sith. Get over it haha
---