Did they rush making RE6? (Uncompleted game?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Did they rush making RE6? (Uncompleted game?)

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
3 years ago#21
just as information, when a trailer is released really gives no indication on how long a game has been in production.
The Reclamation is resting >_>

User Info: tevin1569

tevin1569
3 years ago#22
desi_shinobi posted...
Alky88 posted...
Lol... it needed more content? Are you serious? <_<
This game has more content than RE4 and 5, what else could you possibly want?

It does have plenty of replay value and I still play it now but the lack of costumes on campaign, weapon upgrading and weapon selection was a downer for me.

I personally wish that Claire and Jill made an appearance in this game considering the sheer scale of the game.

I agree, I love RE6, don't get me wrong, like I LOVE IT! Every RE has had alternate costumes for campaign, 0,1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And now we don't get them...I saw a mod where the costumes really stood out(Super bright), so I understand the problem, but they could just work on it, put Revelations down for a while(Because they are completely redoing that game for the port) and just work on RE6.. I mean c'mon, so much can be done with this game, Costumes are needed for me, it makes campaigns more fun seeing Pimp Jake and Retro Sherry vs J'avo in a cutscene.
Weapon upgrades wasn't much of a miss for me, I mean it was kind of a pain for me, but I miss finding treasures like 4 & 5. I wish we could use any weapon in any campaign but the weapon layout was nice. A few more things could be added, and I believe Capcom will do something more, well I hope :3.

And yes JILL, JILL, Wonderful JILL!!!!! and Claire...I guess xD.
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)

User Info: Jwahaha

Jwahaha
3 years ago#23
Yes, yes they did. They even sourced out a few parts of the game to Activision, at least I would imagine so considering the fact that the car chase and harrier scenes made the cut.

User Info: DetBeauregard

DetBeauregard
3 years ago#24
Jwahaha posted...
They even sourced out a few parts of the game to Activision, at least I would imagine so considering the fact that the car chase and harrier scenes made the cut.

I actually didn't mind the VTOL section. I didn't really fit in Resident Evil, but at least it makes some sense given Chris's background.

Yes, the car chase was crap. A section so boring that they make players switch roles halfway through so that both can play through the tedium!

User Info: icantsee

icantsee
3 years ago#25
There is still a lot of content in this game that I bet a lot of people haven't found. Like you can counter almost any enemy for example. And there's a lot of melees. As the following vid shows.

http://youtu.be/koQqdN3r6FU

It has so much detail so I don't think it was rushed. Of course the developers can always add more and more, but they have to stop at some point.
RE5 and 3DS Mercs fan

User Info: agrissa

agrissa
3 years ago#26
Every Capcom game is incomplete; this is nothing new.
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:2~ ~ Number of fans:7~

User Info: edward18

edward18
3 years ago#27
When a Resident Evil doesn't have a beta, yeah it is a big deal.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: FeelAFear

FeelAFear
3 years ago#28
The padded out sections make it feel rushed to me, but other than that, I don't have much of a problem with the game. Most of the title update features seem more like afterthoughts than things that should have been included with the original release.

As for hyping up a game with trailers and demos and such, I would rather have the release date pretty close to the trailer showing. It stays fresh on people's minds and you don't have to keep them waiting indefinitely.

User Info: DetBeauregard

DetBeauregard
3 years ago#29
icantsee posted...
http://youtu.be/koQqdN3r6FU

Wow, impressive. never knew all of those existed.

I've never even tried to counter J'avo, but apparently they usually don't even die from it! What a waste of time. I also never knew you could flush a Rasklapanje hand down the toilet. That's hilarious!

Also, the one where Jake picks up Ustanak... seriously?! That's absurd...
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Did they rush making RE6? (Uncompleted game?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived