So people thought this game took it's plot and characters too seriously?

#11FeelAFearPosted 2/7/2013 11:52:21 PM
I think the blockbuster movie style of 5 changed it up a bit, compared to the B-movie influence on the older games. 6 is almost apocalyptic, so I can't say there's a lot of room for humor. Even then, it's not always well done, especially when Leon is involved.

Take this exchange from the Damnation movie:
*Leon meets his informant, Scarecrow, who is dying from a licker attack*
Leon: Scarecrow, this is Tin Man. Can you talk?
Scarecrow: hnnnnnnnnngh
Leon: *looks off into the distance* I guess scarecrows aren't exactly known for their rousing conversation.

LEON HE IS DYING
#12edward18Posted 2/8/2013 12:00:11 AM
I wish Leon in particular had more funny lines in this game. Most of them were terrible, aside from "This is why I can never sleep on planes." He was far too serious. Most of the comedy gold came from Jake's campaign, most of which I don't think was meant to be taken seriously.

I don't recall Leon ever being funny.

RE5 was too serious, too.

It's as serious as the standard RE game.

The other games (0, Remake, 2, 3, CV, Outbreak, 4, Revelations) all had some funny bits mixed in with the drama to give it a bit more life, but 5 and 6 are pretty bland in that regard.

They all take themselves seriously though (well, aside from 4...god I can't stand that).

Leon: *looks off into the distance* I guess scarecrows aren't exactly known for their rousing conversation.

ugh...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#13DetBeauregardPosted 2/8/2013 12:00:23 AM
FeelAFear posted...

LEON HE IS DYING

Hahahaha, I don't remember that at all! That's the Leon I miss...
#14edward18Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:31 AM
That's the Leon I wanna shove a rusty razor into the throat and gouge the eyes out of.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#15Brocken_JrPosted 2/8/2013 12:03:50 AM
this thread reminded me of the funny lines in re1

*chris kills a giant plant*
chris""looks like we got to the ROOT of the problem!"
rebecca:"...."

hahaha
---
Which one is hot? A)Baking Soda, B)Lava, or C)Sea Turtle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#16DetBeauregardPosted 2/8/2013 12:15:26 AM
edward18 posted...
That's the Leon I wanna shove a rusty razor into the throat and gouge the eyes out of.

Wow, that's pretty harsh. You know Leon's not real, right?

Brocken_Jr posted...
*chris kills a giant plant*
chris""looks like we got to the ROOT of the problem!"
rebecca:"...."

I liked that one from Code Veronica:

Alfred: "I am Alfred Ashford, commander of this base!"
Claire: "Oh? You must be one of Umbrella's lower-level officers if you're the commander of a backwater base like this one."

I'm predicting that this thread will soon be filled with nothing but Barry quotes.
#17edward18Posted 2/8/2013 12:19:36 AM

Wow, that's pretty harsh. You know Leon's not real, right?

Yep.
---
#18Mister_ZurkonPosted 2/8/2013 12:42:38 AM
FeelAFear posted...
I think the blockbuster movie style of 5 changed it up a bit, compared to the B-movie influence on the older games. 6 is almost apocalyptic, so I can't say there's a lot of room for humor. Even then, it's not always well done, especially when Leon is involved.

LEON HE IS DYING

That was the first time I ever felt bad about laughing at a RE Joke.

I mean, I know you're pretty jaded after all these years Leon, but that's ice cold.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang