Is the Jake epilogue already canon?

#1KonaseRitsukoPosted 2/7/2013 9:32:55 PM
The clip of him eating an apple like an Assassin's Creed reject? Was it confirmed to be the story of the next or a future RE game?
---
RE6 is stupid.
Just f*** my 2007 username.
#2DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 9:36:39 PM
There's no way to know if it is hinting at a future game or not. Personally, I think it was just to show that Jake (a new character) had been "saved" by Sherry so that he no longer does things just for money, but for the greater good. The little girl gives him an apple, which we know he enjoys from his opening cutscene, and he proceeds to presumably slaughter a bunch of Napads. Not really a fair tradeoff.

I hope the Napads kill him in the opening of the next game, to be honest.
#3Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/7/2013 10:55:18 PM
What if she hadn't any apple available for payment? Would she have gotten grinded against the wall by a BOW?
---
You're going to die one day. You'll disappear completely, forever.
#4DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 10:58:15 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
What if she hadn't any apple available for payment? Would she have gotten grinded against the wall by a BOW?

Now you're thinking!

But I'm sure Jake wouldn't have just left her to die. Like I said, the whole point of the epilogue was really just to show us that he is a changed man.
#5IlDankoPosted 2/7/2013 11:02:18 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...

With the words of his mighty father he'll say

"you will give me an egg"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1vq0lLH6MY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#6tevin1569Posted 2/7/2013 11:04:01 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
There's no way to know if it is hinting at a future game or not. Personally, I think it was just to show that Jake (a new character) had been "saved" by Sherry so that he no longer does things just for money, but for the greater good. The little girl gives him an apple, which we know he enjoys from his opening cutscene, and he proceeds to presumably slaughter a bunch of Napads. Not really a fair tradeoff.

I hope the Napads kill him in the opening of the next game, to be honest.

Honestly, I would be sad. Jake is so cute, and him and Sherry love each other :3
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
#7DetBeauregardPosted 2/7/2013 11:07:44 PM
tevin1569 posted...
Honestly, I would be sad. Jake is so cute, and him and Sherry love each other :3

I think it would be awesome. RE doesn't need to turn into a romantic comedy...
#8KonaseRitsuko(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:39:47 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
tevin1569 posted...

I think it would be awesome. RE doesn't need to turn into a romantic comedy...

Agree. I'm going with your gut that epilogue isn't something big for the story!
---
RE6 is stupid.
Just f*** my 2007 username.
#9vgplaya89Posted 2/9/2013 6:18:52 AM
They're considering a reboot, so unless they had Jake as the central character, it wouldnt matter either way. lol
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#10saberstromPosted 2/9/2013 6:23:59 AM
vgplaya89 posted...
They're considering a reboot, so unless they had Jake as the central character, it wouldnt matter either way. lol

a reboot would not have jake or any character we have seen.