After DmC failure and negative reception, does Capcom really need to reboot RE?

#1karyotypePosted 2/8/2013 3:45:11 AM
Should Capcom reboot RE too? - Results (181 votes)
Yes - a fresh start is needed regardless of DmC result.
32.04% (58 votes)
No - they should carry on the series going back to classic gameplay
55.25% (100 votes)
Can't say - will be happy with whatever they decide
12.71% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Ok, lets face it, DmC failed. Game Journalists are still desperately trying to persuade people to buy the game but it seems fans won't listen to them anymore regarding DmC.

So after such controversial decision and -ve response for their DmC, has capcom learnt that people DONT like reboot and got rid off the thought to reboot the RE series?
#2Neutron15Posted 2/8/2013 3:48:51 AM
Yes
---
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
#3ssj_duelistPosted 2/8/2013 4:05:31 AM
Was DmC really that bad? Why?
#4desi_shinobiPosted 2/8/2013 4:09:54 AM
It was getting positive reviews...
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#5MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/8/2013 4:18:38 AM(edited)
What's so bad about DmC? I really wanna know, because I played the demo and thought it was pretty good.

Also, no, I don't believe that they should reboot the series, but I also don't believe they should return to the classic gameplay. For REmakes, yes, but for newer ones, no. All they need to do is heighten the suspense and tone down on the action.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#6ItsAboutStylePosted 2/8/2013 4:18:24 AM
DmC is f***ing great
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#7longstorm555Posted 2/8/2013 6:20:50 AM(edited)
LAUGHING AND CRYING HERE!

lol

DmC received positive reviews and was accepted extremely well by players, except antis like you who make stuff up.

with DmC's reception, actually, a reboot of RE is more likely than ever. all you can do is pray Revelations does well.
#8IlDankoPosted 2/8/2013 6:38:09 AM
The only failure of DmC is Dante's hair (stupid mohawks)... But the game itself is great and have recieved more positive reviews than negative...
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#9DanteAwakeninPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:06 AM
That's a different case buddy.

DMC reboot was being made by western developer, Ninja Theory, And it was made to try something new.
RE reboot will be made by RE: Revelations developer, It'll be made to get back to the original roots and horror.

Got it? They won't change the game that much because the reboot will be made by Japanese people who worked on an RE game (RE: Revelations) So it isn't their first time making horror games or RE games.

Also, DmC got better reviews than the old DMC games. And RE6-ORC got a LOT of negative reviews. Rebooting the series might increase the new RE games sales and giving it positive reviews.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#10DanteAwakeninPosted 2/8/2013 6:40:46 AM
Also, Classic gameplay won't happen. Even the original creator (Shinji Mikami) changed the fixed camera into over-the-shoulder.
Unless Capcom pulled off another RE5: Lost in Nightmares gameplay were you can choose playing with the fixed camera or over-the-shoulder.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!