merc, "play 4 fun"

#1YermomHoudiniPosted 2/8/2013 10:59:41 PM(edited)
*failed a counter and headshot melee kill
*got reset
*got kicked
*got noob mailed

wow, merc is HARDCORE!!!

/sarcasm

I have died in hiscore hijink b4 and didn't get kicked, and the player is nice enough to help and praising/thanking left and right and end up getting 150 on continue.
---
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuTN_ilmEk
#2dodgekk9Posted 2/8/2013 11:06:24 PM
Online randumb mercenaries players can be quite the...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg/250px-Donkey_1_arp_750px.jpg
---
youtube.com/platinumphalanges - My Youtube channel for RE 6 Mercenaries/ COD BlackOps2 gameplay
***Add me on PSN (PressStart101) if you want to be in my videos
#3YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:07:54 PM
that's the problem though, if they don't want noobs, don't use play 4 fun and expect players to be pro.
---
#4DarkkefkaFFXPosted 2/8/2013 11:08:04 PM
just another reason why I only do solo runs. People take this too seriously. You don't play like a die hard japanese pro..they kick you.
I stick to solo runs to save myself the headache. solo takes more skill anyway.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#5HeatherloverPosted 2/8/2013 11:13:08 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
*failed a counter and headshot melee kill
*got reset
*got kicked
*got noob mailed

wow, merc is HARDCORE!!!

/sarcasm

I have died in hiscore hijink b4 and didn't get kicked, and the player is nice enough to help and praising/thanking left and right and end up getting 150 on continue.

They expecting you to be a good player that's why even though it's a "Playing for fun"
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 120gb (500gb) PH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hHWMXddWY&feature=related - Rebuild of Evangelion
#6Matty0289Posted 2/9/2013 12:16:53 AM
Hey man, don't complain.

At least you didn't host a High-Score Hijinx Game and have this happen..

RoofTop Mission:

I was using Leon and random guy was Sherry or Chris or something. He don't counter a single thing. I have Time Bonus +, and he has.. I forget what. Game starts- he gets every single Time Crystal, except maybe 1 that I got.. Then he does all +5s and shoots his gun a lot to kill stuff. Then he shoots every single Dog he saw when I wanted to counter them even if I said WAIT. Then when I get Napad to Spawn, he kills it instantly..

So I kick from him the game, and I get a Message saying

"Noob".

Really man.. I'm the noob..?
>.>
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#7tevin1569Posted 2/9/2013 12:21:44 AM
Matty0289 posted...
Hey man, don't complain.

At least you didn't host a High-Score Hijinx Game and have this happen..

RoofTop Mission:

I was using Leon and random guy was Sherry or Chris or something. He don't counter a single thing. I have Time Bonus +, and he has.. I forget what. Game starts- he gets every single Time Crystal, except maybe 1 that I got.. Then he does all +5s and shoots his gun a lot to kill stuff. Then he shoots every single Dog he saw when I wanted to counter them even if I said WAIT. Then when I get Napad to Spawn, he kills it instantly..

So I kick from him the game, and I get a Message saying

"Noob".

Really man.. I'm the noob..?
>.>

How is someone suppose to know "Wait!" means don't shoot the dogs I want to counter them..
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#8preppyboy987Posted 2/9/2013 1:11:43 AM
^^ Excatly. The problem is that there isn't really any other way to tell them that, aside from maybe messaging them, which you can't really do after you've started a run. You just have to keep playing it and get lucky enough to find someone to play with that doesn't suck, which is easier said than done.
---
I couldn't think of something witty to say here, so instead I said this and fooled you into thinking this was my signature.
#9YermomHoudini(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:35:18 AM
can't you use a mic though?
---
#10Candy__GirlPosted 2/9/2013 1:49:39 AM
I play half with randoms/half with friends. I have yet to get 'noob' or 'hate' mail. I'm just waiting for it to happen still...

I host 'Playing for fun' rooms when I play with randoms. I can't get mad when they go blasting everything in sight but I've actually had pretty good over all experiences from playing with randoms and getting decent scores and having good chemistry. For example, I hosted Catacombs as 'Playing for fun' and had a random joined. I think our first try he got grabbed by a Lepo and I was working in the 'Crypt' so I didn't get to him in time to heal. Ok. Try again? Yes. Towards the end of the round we had over 15 or 16 minutes on the clock. We countered the entire map. He kept both Lepos alive which I didn't find out until one broke off from chasing him and started towards me. Fortunately, I heard him coming and put two and two together when he saw what happened and tagged his Lepo and I tagged mine. We got to 148 and I signaled him to move in. He killed his Lepo & I killed mine. We got a 1.3 score. That was an amazing random experience. After the match we both sent each other an equivalent to 'high five' mail.

On the other hand, I do run into a few people who have no idea what they're doing in mercs. I was playing one of the new maps and had this guy join with a mic. He was quiet for the most part. He was using 'school girl' Sherry and was blasting everything with the shotgun including counters I was setting up. I'd run away from him and try to set up counters out of his range or see a potential perfect moment and run in to counter the enemy just before he pulled the trigger. He finally caught on to what I was doing and started backing off unless he thought was really in trouble. Since he got the hint I was okay with playing another round with him. Maybe I could teach him a little more? When I stopped on EX2 Sherry it hit home that I had different costumes and he was like "Hey! How did you get that costume?!" I messaged him how you unlock them and told him about RE.net and then I showed him all my EX2 costumes and my new EX3 costume. The next round we played he started trying to set up counters and was trying to melees more which was cool that I got to help someone better their mercs skills.