Anderson's RE Movies

#1Candy__GirlPosted 2/9/2013 1:01:58 AM
For those of you have seen the movies I'm just curious if you've truly enjoyed them or hate them with a passion? Also, how old is everyone? I'm curious to see if there is an age gap for those who love and hate these movies? I'm also wondering if they appeal more to women or men? It all boils down to opinion but I'm wondering if there is a certain pattern for the fan base of Anderson's live action films?

I'd greatly appreciate any of your input!
#2DarkPriestPosted 2/9/2013 1:18:37 AM
I only saw the first 2 and stopped after that. They're nothing but an excuse for Anderson to have his wife star as a mary sue and crap all over the source material. They're complete and utter nonsense that even the worst fan fiction can't rival.
---
OMG THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUCKS!!!!! -- Every subtitle purist ever....
#3Neutron15Posted 2/9/2013 1:25:32 AM
Retribution is kinda good, the soundtracks is whats great about them especially Retribution's
---
I Found A Survivor. The B.O.W.s Got Her Though.
#4dragonstar13Posted 2/9/2013 1:41:29 AM
Late 20s. I saw the first 3 movies, and stopped after that. Was glad I didn't see the 4th and 5th one from what others described.
As mentioned, I felt the main character was too over powered, even without her powers she seems to be the center of attention, pushing the others aside. Making them almost seem kind of useless and helpless in comparison to Alice. But a lot my friends seem to like that because they see Alice as a strong female role model. The movies also seem to be more action then B-movie horror, which makes it less fun to watch for me. Something that I find fun about zombie movies is seeing a group of people trying their best to survive against the odds. I wouldn't mind the action and invincible characters as much if it was a videogame, since you expect that kind of stuff. But it just doesn't translate well in a Live Action movie IMO.
---
Abel is probably to Xenosaga what Neo was to the Matrix. - archmageraist
Claimed Misha Arsellec Lune and Lyner Barsett
#5AnimesetsunaPosted 2/9/2013 2:06:07 AM
Same age as Sherry.

I watched all except Retribution. Apocalypse & Extinction are really a let down. As for Afterlife, the movie is really boring.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Thanks to Kana Hanazawa that I touched Money God at PS@Home Asia(@w@)
#6MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/9/2013 3:15:15 AM
I'm 19, and all I needed to see was the first, some of the third, and fourth movies to come to the conclusion that they're atrocious. Anderson is basically letting loose a big steaming pile of poo all over the RE franchise, and I hate that people who haven't experienced or even researched the games thinks the movies are canon.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#7desi_shinobiPosted 2/9/2013 3:37:47 AM
I'm in my mid-twenties. I use to have a love/hate relationship with the films but now I'm like **** it!

They are enjoyable popcorn flicks in their own right and I don't really watch it as a "Resident Evil" film but they are good in my opinion and I don't care what anyone else has to say about it.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#8ssj_duelistPosted 2/9/2013 3:51:47 AM
DarkPriest posted...
I only saw the first 2 and stopped after that. They're nothing but an excuse for Anderson to have his wife star as a mary sue and crap all over the source material. They're complete and utter nonsense that even the worst fan fiction can't rival.
#9AiRo1988Posted 2/9/2013 4:09:43 AM
25 and watched all but retribution. Good to watch but could and would be a lot better if they were more related to the games and didnt stray as much. A lot of missed potential but thats my opinion. Main element which ruined it for me was making Alice superpowered it just went seriously downhill from there. Fair enough if she was enhanced to the extent initially displayed in the beginning of Apocalypse but towards the end she was over the top in her abilities Would have loved to have had a film focused on the mansion though, I know im being nostalgic but thats what I was expecting when I first heard of a RE film being released.
#10Uranium FoxPosted 2/9/2013 5:25:37 AM
Mid 20's. I own all of them, and enjoy them. I don't by any means consider them high art, or even particularly well made. They are just big dumb fun, a term I use for any movie that is meant to be watched with popcorn, and perhaps copious amounts of alcohol.
---
PSN ID: soullessfox
Add me if you want some hilarious vulgarity in MW3 or Black Ops II.