Anderson's RE Movies

#11slapper1Posted 2/9/2013 6:44:27 AM(edited)
Before I start my small rant, I'm 22 and I have seen all 5 movies, and enjoyed Apocalypse the most (for what it's worth). Now then:

I view the RE movie franchise as immensely dumb action flicks that just happen to borrow characters and monsters from the RE universe and thus, have no withstanding connection to the RE plot-line. It's the only way I can sit through them without killing myself, or violently throwing up. That being said, as stupid and nonsensical as the Anderson RE movies are, when I shut my brain off (again, if I didn't there would be no way that I could sit through them) and watch the films, I can still derive some entertainment out of them if only due to seeing the characters and the monsters on the big screen. Now please Hollywood, find a f****** director who actually cares about the series and wants to see it properly adapted without throwing in cinematic bulls*** every 2 seconds or giving us a god mode character that puts the game's cast to shame in comparison.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#12CrimzonHeadPosted 2/9/2013 7:03:28 AM
19... The movies are pretty dumb, but I did enjoy them. They're still decent action movies.
---
"I could beat Mike Tyson in a fight with a pistol. Where are all of my cool points?" - Sliq6969
Don't be scared homie
#13saberstromPosted 2/9/2013 7:16:23 AM
Candy__Girl posted...
For those of you have seen the movies I'm just curious if you've truly enjoyed them or hate them with a passion? Also, how old is everyone? I'm curious to see if there is an age gap for those who love and hate these movies? I'm also wondering if they appeal more to women or men? It all boils down to opinion but I'm wondering if there is a certain pattern for the fan base of Anderson's live action films?

I'd greatly appreciate any of your input!

i'm 14 and i like the 1st movie but not the 2nd. i didnt see them all but i saw the last one. it was good to.

how old are u candy girl? u forgot to tell us.
#14slapper1Posted 2/9/2013 7:28:43 AM
^ She's 25 if I remember correctly.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#15Reno_TarshilPosted 2/9/2013 10:11:25 AM
I'm 26 and I've sen all 5 movies. Even tho they might not be taken seriously I feel like Paul Anderson actually has some bit of caring he puts into each movie. They are mindless and cheesey.

Considering how he handled Leon and Ada and hasn't killed either (yet) I'm mostly pleased with all the movies.

Apocalypse and Retribution are tied for my 2 favs of the series

Extinction is second and "Genesis" (first movie) is Third.

Afterlife was Meh kinda lacked Chris boulder punching.
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Genesect of the Pokemon X Boards!
#16Candy__Girl(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:43:50 AM
slapper1 posted...
^ She's 25 if I remember correctly.

You are correct sir.
#17lopy81Posted 2/9/2013 10:53:56 AM
31 and I've seen them all and quite enjoyed them. My only issue is Alice. A pointless pointless addition. Milla jovovich isn't even a good actress hence why you only see her in her husbands films.
---
---
Psn : sd070109
#18IlDankoPosted 2/9/2013 11:26:03 AM
I'm 19, and i can say i liked the 1st movie and half of the second..

They lost me when they made the nemesis a good guy,

Saw the third and didn't understood what they did with jill and angela or why "carlos" was with "claire"

In the 4th i hated what they did with "Chris", hated that they putted majini's features into T-Virus zombies and passed the executioner as a zombie (although i liked the coin shotgun) and jill appears out of nowhere, no explanation how she got captured by umbrella or wesker

The 5th... they evaporate "claire and chris" out of nowhere, wesker is suddenly alive and turns to be a f******* good guy.... is like nemesis all over again
---
Its hard to scream with a throat full of glass
PSN: Dan21993
#19gamestop27Posted 2/9/2013 11:44:37 AM
I'm 22, I enjoy the movies. I actually enjoy them more than the games.
---
Evolution is not true, I've had a dog for 14 years and its still a dog no change into a cat.~William Simms
#20DetBeauregardPosted 2/9/2013 11:52:40 AM(edited)
I'm 29 and I've never been a fan of Anderson's RE movies. The first one was semi-decent because Alice wasn't superpowered (IIRC) and the plot didn't really take much from the games to butcher. Apocalypse was fun, but got far more wrong than it did right (Jill was one of the only strengths). I never saw Extinction. I thought Afterlife was awful, since this is where Anderson started really ripping everything from the games without any clue what he was doing. The same can be said for Retribution, which was probably even worse.

It should be noted that the only Anderson film I have ever thought was well-done (for a video game movie) was Mortal Kombat.