Kinda sucks how RE franchise fate depends on RE: Revelations sales..

#31DigimonTrainerPosted 2/10/2013 10:42:41 AM
jddaman2 posted...
People expect RE Revelations to sell? C'mon, we live in a world where good games don't sell and the mediocre/average sell like hotcakes.

MissNaye posted..
I will buy Revelations as well, but I am disappointed that the story mode will not have online co-op. That is a huge feature I was hoping the game would have, plus one of my friends probably will not get the game now due to that.

Raid Mode is basically the entire campaign but without the story and way more fun.

So there we have it. I def expect it to break 1 million when it comes to the consoles, it's not selling as much as RE6 though, at least not within a year or so hah.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#32Candy__GirlPosted 2/10/2013 11:28:57 AM
MissNaye posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
SolidStryder posted...
DigimonTrainer posted...
It's definitely gonna sell a lot more than 1 million, easily. Don't know what you're talking about hah.

LOL no. It might make 1 million in total sales across both platforms, but it's not going to sell a lot more than that. There's a few actual games that are being released in the first half of this year, not a lot of people are going to be dropping 50 bucks on an old portable game.

Dont forget the wiiu which is also getting it, i think it will sell more then 1 million but not much more then that. im getting it cause i wouldnt get a 3ds for one game (dont like handhelds either). There will probably be alot of people in my situation who will get it for the same reason.

Exactly, I don't have a 3DS either so I'll be picking up Revelations, and I'm sure a ton of people are doing the same. Plus, I have a feeling that a bunch of people who already have the handheld version will still pick it up for a console. And it's not going to be just a simple port, to my understanding - it's going to be useable to RE.net, an added difficulty, updates and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, a new enemy, and they're re-looking over and enhancing the graphics making sure they're top notch - from what I hear.

I will buy Revelations as well, but I am disappointed that the story mode will not have online co-op. That is a huge feature I was hoping the game would have, plus one of my friends probably will not get the game now due to that.

I'm not into any type of portable player. Give me my PS3, my couch with, my big screen t.v and surround sound any day! That is how games are meant to be played! I'm glad that Revelations will be coming to console. I plan on buying it and playing the crap out of it like I did RE6. I'm glad there will be no co-op. Co-op is one of the main reasons CapCom is having so many problem with the RE franchise. They've strayed from the formula. When you have a partner or you're friend backing you up it changes the experience completely. I refused to play RE6 with anyone helping me my first run through all the campaigns. It was bad enough I had an A.I helping me.
#33DetBeauregardPosted 2/10/2013 2:42:59 PM
Candy__Girl posted...
I'm not into any type of portable player. Give me my PS3, my couch with, my big screen t.v and surround sound any day! That is how games are meant to be played! I'm glad that Revelations will be coming to console. I plan on buying it and playing the crap out of it like I did RE6. I'm glad there will be no co-op. Co-op is one of the main reasons CapCom is having so many problem with the RE franchise. They've strayed from the formula. When you have a partner or you're friend backing you up it changes the experience completely. I refused to play RE6 with anyone helping me my first run through all the campaigns. It was bad enough I had an A.I helping me.

This. So very much.

I have a 3DS, but it mostly collects dust on my shelf. I personally don't care if a game is a remarkable technological feat for a handheld, because it is uncomfortable to play both controller-wise and due to the size of the screen. I also could care less about the 3D, which I find gimmicky. When I first played Revelations, the thought that kept running through my head was "this would be amazing on a TV console." I'm glad Capcom is finally giving it to us.

Your thoughts about co-op in RE are pretty much the same as mine. Since the addition of it in RE5, the series has become more linear, watered-down, simplified, and less detailed. Capcom managed the co-op a bit better in RE6, but the feel of helplessness is no longer present when you have an AI partner or human backing you up. Not to mention that in single-player you can take the game at your own pace, whereas co-op feels like you're being pushed along in a line (and with an impatient partner, you are). To me, Capcom killed what made RE so special just to please the casual crowd.

In my opinion, Revelations was dragged down a bit due to the presence of AI partners in the campaign. Why would Capcom even force them into a single-player campaign in the first place?! There's far more atmosphere and immersion when your partner isn't yapping about something completely irrelevant to the mission, like lobster dinners.
#34ItsAboutStylePosted 2/10/2013 3:45:14 PM
saberstrom posted...
its not a port! it has new enemies and gamplay. a port would be copying with no changes.

It's a port. Learn what a port is, because you sound like a fool.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.