This is one long RE game

#1Zmapper33Posted 2/9/2013 8:34:54 AM
I got the game on release, but didn't end up playing it until late December sometime, which was cool because the no hope patch was released by then and my first playthrough could be on no hope. The game took a long time to beat, like at least 3 times longer than any other RE game I've played. It still has a ton of replay value with mercs and agent hunt as well which I haven't done yet. I think this is the best RE game so far, and I've played them all. Even did no save, <2hr, knife only, no health used runs on RE2 so I'm not some newbie action game lover, I think this game didn't get the credit it deserved.
#2DigimonTrainerPosted 2/9/2013 8:39:46 AM
Zmapper33 posted...
I got the game on release, but didn't end up playing it until late December sometime, which was cool because the no hope patch was released by then and my first playthrough could be on no hope. The game took a long time to beat, like at least 3 times longer than any other RE game I've played. It still has a ton of replay value with mercs and agent hunt as well which I haven't done yet. I think this is the best RE game so far, and I've played them all. Even did no save, <2hr, knife only, no health used runs on RE2 so I'm not some newbie action game lover, I think this game didn't get the credit it deserved.

That's the gripe a lot of people have with this game...though those modes are fun for a lot of people, they don't like how this game is surviving off of "mini-games" and extra modes outside of the main game. The actual game/story itself has little reply value.
---
Intrepidity. Courtesy. Illusions. Until the end. Until the end.
Someone invite me back to the That's What She Said board. =(
#3good_tobiPosted 2/9/2013 2:04:45 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
I got the game on release. The game took a long time to beat, like at least 3 times longer than any other RE game. I think this game didn't get the credit it deserved.

Yeah the game is really long, each campaign is roughly around 7 hrs long. And regarding "this game didn't get the credit it deserved" it really doesn't matter as long as fans are happy with the game.
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#4edward18Posted 2/9/2013 2:11:38 PM
I've never gotten what people mean by replay value. If you like a game you replay it. That's all.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#5VolcanoBoulderPosted 2/9/2013 2:13:26 PM
edward18 posted...
I've never gotten what people mean by replay value. If you like a game you replay it. That's all.

That's what I consider replay value. ;)
#6edward18Posted 2/9/2013 2:15:19 PM
Yeah, but then people go into all this "oh but it has capture the flag mode or invisible enemy mode or eat a biscuit mode!" and stuff when in fact I'm playing a game that doesn't have any extra modes more than I've ever played any other game.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7BasementDudePosted 2/9/2013 2:48:36 PM
nude mode
---
number of e-huggies received today: 600
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 220,362,197
#8tevin1569Posted 2/9/2013 2:50:48 PM
DigimonTrainer posted...
Zmapper33 posted...

That's the gripe a lot of people have with this game...though those modes are fun for a lot of people, they don't like how this game is surviving off of "mini-games" and extra modes outside of the main game. The actual game/story itself has little reply value.

I hope you're speaking for yourself, I have played the campaign more than anything. Jake and Sherry is my favorite!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly