I can't get into this game at all

#1ChelskiFan2Posted 2/9/2013 12:24:34 PM
Had it for 4 months now, played it once. Did the introductory/beginning bit with Leon, then started as Jake. I'm just past the beginning bit with the helicopter shooting you where you have to run over the walkboards, then going head on to a turret gun.

I can't believe this is a Resi Evil title. It's an absoloute shambles. The controls feel horribly outdated now, and why am I still doing co-op crap? It was cool in RE4 for the simple fact Ashley was part of the big story, it was infuriating in RE5 and now it's beyond the point where i've lost my love for this series.

Can someone please tell me if it's the same rubbish after I get past this opening Jake mission? No wonder it got so many crap reviews.
---
Carefree
#2CPU-ZPosted 2/9/2013 12:33:27 PM
Same for all of the game. Ada's campaign is the only solo campaign.
#3MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/9/2013 12:35:27 PM
If you don't like it now, nothing later on will change your mind.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#4SolidStryderPosted 2/9/2013 1:00:23 PM
I'm sorry, you lost me when you said the controls feel outdated. Lolwut?
#5ChelskiFan2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:04:05 AM
What do you mean 'lolwut'?! If they're going down a more action orientated root they CANNOT use there 'tank' controls any longer.

I just realised I can go into cover.... but only if I aim first then press X... LOL!!!
---
Carefree
#6ssj_duelistPosted 2/10/2013 4:29:23 AM
ChelskiFan2 posted...
What do you mean 'lolwut'?! If they're going down a more action orientated root they CANNOT use there 'tank' controls any longer.

I just realised I can go into cover.... but only if I aim first then press X... LOL!!!

Someone does't know what tank controls are.
#7ChelskiFan2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 5:13:37 AM
The term 'fanboy' is thrown about far too often for my liking, but you are the absoloute definition of it mate if you can honestly sit there and defend it.

The controls DO... NOT... WORK for this type of game. It's like Capcom tried to mash together their control scheme from RE4/5 with a typical third person shooter, and they've failed miserably, the reviews back that.

MGS Rising, love it or hate it, has introduced a more fluid control scheme to match the new direction it's taken. RE6 has by and large kept it the same, except you can now aim and shoot...

It's topped off by it's absoloute moronic context sensitive control where by you need to wait for a button to appear to do the simplest things like jump or go into cover. They could have just changed the camera angle so it's more third person, assigned a button to do things like jumping and a button to go round hacking and slashing with the knife, rename it 'Zombie Outbreak', and no one would know it's an RE game.

I know i'm not alone in this either having a read around here. it's a joke of a RE game - end of.
---
Carefree
#8HeatherloverPosted 2/10/2013 6:36:17 AM
ChelskiFan2 posted...
Had it for 4 months now, played it once. Did the introductory/beginning bit with Leon, then started as Jake. I'm just past the beginning bit with the helicopter shooting you where you have to run over the walkboards, then going head on to a turret gun.

I can't believe this is a Resi Evil title. It's an absoloute shambles. The controls feel horribly outdated now, and why am I still doing co-op crap? It was cool in RE4 for the simple fact Ashley was part of the big story, it was infuriating in RE5 and now it's beyond the point where i've lost my love for this series.

Can someone please tell me if it's the same rubbish after I get past this opening Jake mission? No wonder it got so many crap reviews.

that's sad man I got the game for 4 months also and still loving it
---
PSN: Zero4ph - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 120gb (500gb) PH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6hHWMXddWY&feature=related - Rebuild of Evangelion
#9ArchiantagonistPosted 2/10/2013 6:48:46 AM
ChelskiFan2 posted...
The controls DO... NOT... WORK for this type of game.

Tells more about you, rather than about the game...

...and they've failed miserably, the reviews back that.

The reviews are serving one purpose only - to form an opinion on subject
for people unable to do it on their own.
+
It's not for you to decide who had failed and who's not.
You can only like or dislike the outcome. Period.

it's a joke of a RE game - end of.

Have a nice day
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#10sadiq2010Posted 2/10/2013 6:58:27 AM
ChelskiFan2

resident evil 4 was complete trash and rubbish.

ashley is complete stupid character and trash and rubbish, the story is very stupid., the enemies are very stupid.