I think a Reboot in inevitable... *may contain spoilers*

#1ShinWeskerPosted 2/10/2013 7:02:18 AM
The Virus has become so abstract and powerful, where would the story go?

The virus is already used to create super soldiers, different types of monsters, clones of people etc.

It already messed up different countries and went global....

What is coming next? Outer Space ( haha DeadSpace).

They need to go back to the roots with 1 "facility" and less abstract monsters and just create more atmosphere.

The gameplay and controls got fantastic, all they need is good ideas and good, more atmospheric locations.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#2DanteAwakeninPosted 2/10/2013 7:10:09 AM
The next game should be a rebooted RE1 that plays exactly like RE5: Lost in Nightmares.
And then reboot RE2,3..
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#3edward18Posted 2/10/2013 8:56:42 AM
The Virus has become so abstract and powerful, where would the story go?

1. Which virus?
2. Nicholai, The Organization, Hunk, Alex Wesker, ect.

The virus is already used to create super soldiers, different types of monsters, clones of people etc.

Which virus?

The C-Virus did.

that might be interesting if done right.

They need to go back to the roots with 1 "facility" and less abstract monsters and just create more atmosphere.

Then just do that, don't reboot.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4shnoob2Posted 2/10/2013 9:38:42 AM
Every RE people talk about reboots, but if they actually did it then the fanbase would piss and moan ala DmC. Besides, I really don't want Leon to become black.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#5DanteAwakeninPosted 2/10/2013 9:43:08 AM
Every RE people talk about reboots, but if they actually did it then the fanbase would piss and moan ala DmC. Besides, I really don't want Leon to become black.

RE fanbase aren't the same DMC fanbase.
---
This parteyh is gettin curazzeyh!!
#6MallyPureSmoothPosted 2/10/2013 9:45:53 AM
edward18 posted...

I agree with Edward.

There's no need for a reboot. Just because the characters are trained professionals now, doesn't mean the games can't go back to it's suspensful and atmospheric roots.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IfA7ffFiMzY

This beta version of RE4 is proof of that.
---
Born Jan. 6, '94 at 3:47 pm
Gaming since Jan. 6, '94 at 3:48 pm
#7Blackzero123Posted 2/10/2013 9:46:39 AM
DanteAwakenin posted...

RE fanbase aren't the same DMC fanbase.

Actually RE can be rebooted its had plenty of games and the story is getting dry. DMC only had 4 games plus they introduced Nero to be a new hero to start a new journey. The DmC reboot was not needed and was made by a second rate developer.
#8edward18Posted 2/10/2013 9:49:00 AM

This beta version of RE4 is proof of that.

*sigh* if only...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:45:17 AM
shnoob2 posted...

People were angry at DmC because an incompetent, Western developer got their hands on it.
---
Shadows of the Damned is an awesome game.
#10Candy__GirlPosted 2/10/2013 11:42:32 AM
edward18 posted...

The C-Virus did.

that might be interesting if done right.

I wouldn't mind seeing CapCom do this actually. Think about it. A space station, ship, and/or 'moon base' would have lots of tunnels, labs, scary corners, and would be the perfect set up for set camera angles and what not. Plus, there's always that element that you have no where to run...

They don't need a reboot. Reboot = Dumbest move for the series ever. CapCom still has a lot of material to work with in this current series. They've got an awesome set of diverse characters and they don't have to continue to move forward timeline wise for every main title. They could easily go back and fill in some blanks for us as a fan base. They could give us a game featuring just Ada to shed more light on who she is and what her overall goal is or a game of Weskers activities before his death maybe shedding a little light on how he came to father Jake, just as a few examples. They have a lot of potential that would just be wasted if they decided to reboot.