Leon was supposed to die in RE2

#111ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/10/2013 7:27:49 PM
^ Isn't the umbrella chronicles comic canon as well?
That's available in English, just saying.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#112dgdgdgfdfPosted 2/10/2013 8:50:08 PM
Trent_Reston posted...
dgdgdgfdf posted...
Trent_Reston posted...
I don't see how either Chris or Leon are the face of RE. If you want to be fair let's try to see how many RE titles both characters appeared in that is CANON and not a bonus. RE2 EX Mode and RE Gaiden are not considered canon and therefore are not counted.

Technically they both showed up in RE3: Nemesis in the epilogue files which are considered canon so it's been counted for them both.

So whoever has been in both RE CANON titles is considered the face of RE.

Chris:

1. Resident Evil
2. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
3. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
4. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
5. Resident Evil: Revelations
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Resident Evil 6

Leon:

1. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Resident Evil: Degeneration
6. Resident Evil: Damnation
7. Resident Evil 6

Oh look, they both been in seven RE CANON titles each. I guess they are both considered to be the faces of RE.

Have to butt in once more:

Marhawa Desire is canon entry to the franchise, and Chris is the only one who appears on it.

So it's 8 for Chris.

Marhawa Desire is not available in English format on a canon basis. Last time someone claimed they translated an English version of it they called the guy Beards Nivans instead of Piers. A majority of people don't even know what you're talking about. You might as well include the dramatic albums created by FLAGSHIP studios.

Yes, well, that still doesn't make it any less canon. It is part of the official storyline, english translated or not. Sorry.
#113dgdgdgfdfPosted 2/10/2013 8:50:49 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
^ Isn't the umbrella chronicles comic canon as well?
That's available in English, just saying.

Yes, thank you, I forgot about that one!

It is canon as well.
#114Trent_RestonPosted 2/10/2013 9:12:24 PM
dgdgdgfdf posted...
Trent_Reston posted...
dgdgdgfdf posted...
Trent_Reston posted...
I don't see how either Chris or Leon are the face of RE. If you want to be fair let's try to see how many RE titles both characters appeared in that is CANON and not a bonus. RE2 EX Mode and RE Gaiden are not considered canon and therefore are not counted.

Technically they both showed up in RE3: Nemesis in the epilogue files which are considered canon so it's been counted for them both.

Chris:

1. Resident Evil
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Resident Evil 6

Leon:

1. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil 4
7. Resident Evil 6

Oh look, they both been in seven RE CANON titles each. I guess they are both considered to be the faces of RE.

Marhawa Desire is canon entry to the franchise, and Chris is the only one who appears on it.

So it's 8 for Chris.

Marhawa Desire is not available in English format on a canon basis. Last time someone claimed they translated an English version of it they called the guy Beards Nivans instead of Piers. A majority of people don't even know what you're talking about. You might as well include the dramatic albums created by FLAGSHIP studios.

Yes, well, that still doesn't make it any less canon. It is part of the official storyline, english translated or not. Sorry.

Why are you apologizing? It has no significant impact on the story and a majority of people never heard of it. I am referring to video game format only not literature in terms of canon appearances.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs where stating your opinion is an open declaration of war.
#115ItsAboutStylePosted 2/10/2013 9:21:44 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
Sorry, bro. You're wrong. There is one leading character that is, without a doubt, the main character:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18500000/Alice-finds-Arcadia-resident-evil-movie-18557793-1449-1530.jpg

As a fan of the brilliant movies, I was ecstatic when I learned that there were games, too. But lo and behold, games based on movies never hold up. First off, why is this game on the 3DS? Only little kids play handhelds. Real gamers play on XBox 360. But I digress. Anyway, you play as Jill and Chris, two supporting characters from the movies. Where is Alice at? You can't have a game based on a movie without your main character. You pretty much just go around and shoot monsters. Unlike good shooting games, like COD, you have limited ammo. And your health doesn't regenerate, either. You have to use herbs, which are limited. Now that's fair, isn't it?

The story, I didn't get. I played this game for ten minutes, only to discover that it was way different from the movies. The graphics don't look like a 360's, and the 3D is horrible. Jill and Chris aren't even voiced by the actors! I couldn't play this game for very long. I threw it in the trash.

Bottom line, buy the movies and be happy. Don't play the games.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R25MMFCFFWY70T/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0050SVLI2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

Hahaha I missed you
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#116SolidStryderPosted 2/10/2013 9:22:25 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
VolcanoBoulder posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
Sorry, bro. You're wrong. There is one leading character that is, without a doubt, the main character:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18500000/Alice-finds-Arcadia-resident-evil-movie-18557793-1449-1530.jpg

As a fan of the brilliant movies, I was ecstatic when I learned that there were games, too. But lo and behold, games based on movies never hold up. First off, why is this game on the 3DS? Only little kids play handhelds. Real gamers play on XBox 360. But I digress. Anyway, you play as Jill and Chris, two supporting characters from the movies. Where is Alice at? You can't have a game based on a movie without your main character. You pretty much just go around and shoot monsters. Unlike good shooting games, like COD, you have limited ammo. And your health doesn't regenerate, either. You have to use herbs, which are limited. Now that's fair, isn't it?

The story, I didn't get. I played this game for ten minutes, only to discover that it was way different from the movies. The graphics don't look like a 360's, and the 3D is horrible. Jill and Chris aren't even voiced by the actors! I couldn't play this game for very long. I threw it in the trash.

Bottom line, buy the movies and be happy. Don't play the games.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R25MMFCFFWY70T/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0050SVLI2&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

The sad part? He has the best evidence supporting his sarcastic claim of the true star of RE mythos...

Yea, **** Leon and all, but only kids play handhelds? My little sister is the only one I know who has a 3DS(admittedly, I don't know children), but I know plenty of people, besides myself, who own a Vita or a 3DS, and have a lively social life.
#117dgdgdgfdfPosted 2/10/2013 9:32:07 PM
Trent_Reston posted...
dgdgdgfdf posted...
Trent_Reston posted...
dgdgdgfdf posted...
Trent_Reston posted...

Chris:

1. Resident Evil
6. Resident Evil 5
7. Resident Evil 6

Leon:

1. Resident Evil 2
4. Resident Evil 4
7. Resident Evil 6

So it's 8 for Chris.

Why are you apologizing? It has no significant impact on the story and a majority of people never heard of it. I am referring to video game format only not literature in terms of canon appearances.

Yes, and I'm stating that in canon appearances, Chris has one more because of the manga. That's all. Even if one person had ehard about it, it'd still be a canon appearence and it'd still count for being part of the story line.
#118ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/10/2013 10:05:03 PM
Yes, thank you, I forgot about that one!

It is canon as well.

You're welcome, I just had to stick that one out there. It was a very good comic even for Capcom standards. They surely should've released a manga format for 6 I would've brought it.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#119largerockPosted 2/14/2013 2:54:00 PM
Zurkon? I-is that you...?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#120saleonkennedyPosted 2/14/2013 3:55:13 PM
Good thing he didnt die. He is a bamf
---
gamertag: Leon Kennedy I2
Don't speak evil of someone you don't know for certain, and if you do know ask yourself, why am I telling it?-Johann Kasper Lavater