RE6 is an amazing entry in the series. IMO

#1AG15Posted 2/10/2013 11:00:54 AM
I know many of you have made a similar topic, but I just wanted to share my opinion about this game.

Ive been a fan or RE since the original came out, have played all of the games in the main series except Revelations (which Im going to buy when the PS3 version comes out) and yes, I would be a liar if I said RE is still scary, because its not, its been like that since RE4 and to be honest, Im fine with that.

Now that I got that out of the way, I gotta say that RE6 is an amazing game, I truly dont understand why critics gave it such low scores, because its a very well polished game, with a lot of content and gameplay styles to please a lot of people. The ONLY thing I didnt like that much about it was the way you got the files, I always loved looking around in the other games to find and read the files (especially the creepy ones) because I thought that gave the game more atmosphere. And yes, this game does have a LOT of action, but at least we got a few chapters in Leon's scenario to bring back a bit of creepiness.

Oh, and Chris' ending was epic, it was the first time a videogame ending got me sad since MGS3's. Props for that Capcom.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#2Morrigan12Posted 2/10/2013 11:07:49 AM
I really isn't...no steps forward in this one.
#3AG15(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 11:15:13 AM
Gameplay got much better, all the freedom you have with your movements, better healing system, smarter enemies, better storytelling (which RE isnt very strong in), IDK, its just my personal opinion.
---
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#4ZeeDoggePosted 2/10/2013 11:16:13 AM
It got bad scores because corporate sabotage and that they didn't have the advertizing pressure of Doritos Mountain Dew Slim Jim double XP DLC
#5PyroSparkPosted 2/10/2013 11:42:19 AM
AG15 posted...
Gameplay got much better, all the freedom you have with your movements, better healing system, smarter enemies, better storytelling (which RE isnt very strong in), IDK, its just my personal opinion.

Definitely agreed. Story was crazy and over-the-top as usual (LEON AND CHRIS MET) which was fantastic. MUCH better controls. Much more entertaining difficulty with no hope left mode. And you forgot that the few gameplay issues (too much QTEs, zoomed in camera) were fixed with patches!

From then on, it's simply whether or not you like the 100% action.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#6XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 2/10/2013 12:03:50 PM
RE6 is just a good action game, no more than that. If it wasn't for Mercs mode I'm sure I'd have sold it by now.

Hey since you love RE6 so much maybe you can answer me this. What's so special in this game that I couldn't get from any other action shooter like Resistance or Gears of War? Besides not having RE characters of course.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#7PyroSparkPosted 2/10/2013 12:23:30 PM(edited)
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
RE6 is just a good action game, no more than that. If it wasn't for Mercs mode I'm sure I'd have sold it by now.

Hey since you love RE6 so much maybe you can answer me this. What's so special in this game that I couldn't get from any other action shooter like Resistance or Gears of War? Besides not having RE characters of course.

The fantastic co-op, mercenaries being a huge part like you said, the versus modes and four completely different campaigns that all link together in the storyline.

Yup.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#8Zetta-Honey-BoyPosted 2/10/2013 12:52:06 PM
in guess trainwrecks are pretty amazing depending on how you look at em.
---
-choose death-
#9hrimPosted 2/10/2013 12:59:58 PM
I have to agree with the TC. I just finished my final Ada campaign and im stunned by how awesome this RE entry was!
#10tevin1569Posted 2/10/2013 1:01:11 PM
hrim posted...
I have to agree with the TC. I just finished my final Ada campaign and im stunned by how awesome this RE entry was!

Yeah, I really loved it!
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly