Capcom should just make a CGI movie of RE1

#21Brocken_JrPosted 2/11/2013 12:09:45 AM
watch this then. these guys where mention in egm magazine for their re4 video, but their re1 one is very funny to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5l_fhYXfpk
---
Which one is hot? A)Baking Soda, B)Lava, or C)Sea Turtle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
#22DetBeauregardPosted 2/11/2013 12:59:11 AM
Romeo's script makes Anderson's look good by comparison. I wish I was kidding.

Chris was like some Native American warrior who prowled Arklay Forest or something. It was awful.
#23Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:06:47 AM
DetBeauregard posted...
Romeo's script makes Anderson's look good by comparison. I wish I was kidding.

Chris was like some Native American warrior who prowled Arklay Forest or something. It was awful.

Yeah that is bad. I watch Anderson's movies just for amusement. Though I do really like the first one.
#24SSJ_JinPosted 2/11/2013 7:39:35 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
SamA7X posted...
You know a different Director wanted to create the films and base them directly from the game's story pretty much word by word, but they said his idea's were not "Hollywood" enough, so they decided to let Anderson make the movies instead who had the idea to only base the films very loosely on the games.

Yea that was george romero, writer and director of night, dawn, day, land, diary and survival of the dead. he didnt want to do it word for word though, i read the script and will try and find it but heres what i remember.

Barry was a big black guy
Chris and jill were a couple
chris was not a stars member but jill was, she also hid it from him.
Chris follows jill to work and then the mansion and ends up getting caught up in everything
richard gets eaten by the snake and while the others are fighting it, he kills it by shooting his way back out. he is all messed up from the stomach acid and somebody (forget who) puts him down.
I believe wesker is killed in a similair fashion to the game.
There were made up canon fodder characters for the movie (for extra deaths)
Zombies, zombie dogs, crows, tyrant, yawn and ( i think) chimeras were set to be in the movie.

Thats all i remember but if you search for george romero resident evil script you can read the entire thing. the script was completed sometime before code veronica came out but was turned down by capcom for being to close to the game.

This sounds way better than the RE movies we have. Course that's not saying much.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#25shagohad3Posted 2/11/2013 7:45:44 AM
No way do I want this. After how bad Degeneration and Damnation were, theres no way i'd want another CGI movie
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#26Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:03:32 PM
shagohad3 posted...
No way do I want this. After how bad Degeneration and Damnation were, theres no way i'd want another CGI movie

If only they could have made both movies as good as the first half of Degeneration
#27DetBeauregardPosted 2/11/2013 5:12:01 PM
I really enjoyed both CGI movies. Degeneration was a bit slow at times, but it did have Claire. Both of these films are light years ahead of any of Anderson's RE films if you ask me.
#28kayoticdreamzPosted 2/11/2013 5:32:49 PM
DetBeauregard posted...
I really enjoyed both CGI movies. Degeneration was a bit slow at times, but it did have Claire. Both of these films are light years ahead of any of Anderson's RE films if you ask me.

RE1 and 2 movies are light years above those crap CGI movies.

if there is a new CGI movie....for the love of all things hire some people that can write a competent story.

i swear all the games and CGI movies devolve into....AHHH T-Virus Zombies coming after us....killing some...then run into some odd character by some fluke that you happen to know and if its leon involved in the story then Ada will be there for no apparent reason. exchange some bad dialogue. and then end the movie on some sort of mystery and resolve absolutely nothing at all concerning the T-Virus or Umbrella or Raccoon city. oh and toss in lots of bad attempts to make 1 liners sound cool.

and lets not forget to cue a leon and ada awkward moment that goes nowhere ever.

really the storyline is just that bad at this point. it never goes anywhere. nothing is ever explained. its the same characters fighting the same people over and over and over. its like sonic versus eggman they fight endlessly for no apparent reason. lets not forget everyone is always shocked that wesker is involved. really its one giant mess.

whats sad is there is potential in this story somewhere. i think its time they openly admit the story is a failure and do a reboot.
#29Plant42(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:47:13 AM
Their poor writing starts to show when they have to write for an entire movie rather than five minute cutscenes.