There is no pleasing old RE fans

#1therapgamedudePosted 2/11/2013 12:24:34 PM
This is why, you guys are bored with the whole series so instead of bashing on RE go play something new. Its human nature to be curious of something new and get bored of something we've are use to. This game is familiar to RE4/5 just diff controls. I still think this is a great 'action' game.
---
PSN: Sleepinfireheart
@xxxxxx$:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#2AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 2/11/2013 12:33:15 PM
the problem with your argument is that this game is so similar to so many other 3rd person action games. The old style would feel 'new' now because there's no games like that anymore.
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>
#3Spider5800Posted 2/11/2013 12:52:53 PM
People are bored with the series because it's not doing anything different than one of the dozens of other generic action/shooter games available on the market, several of which do it far better than RE6 and its QTE nightmare of a campaign.

Survival horror is what the series is known for. It's what kept the series unique. Fans haven't gotten that since RE0, which was released over a decade ago. Why should they have to continue to give up what they want so new "fans" of the series can get ANOTHER generic corridor shooter this gen? What makes the new "fans" game preferences more valid when they already HAVE games that offer what they want?

Old RE fans will be satisfied when Capcom starts making RE into survival horror games like its supposed to be. The new direction is terrible and generic, and fans have every right to voice their displeasure. If they turned CoD into a side-scrolling RPG, or Halo into a puzzle game, fans would rightfully be pissed about it. RE isn't exempt from this just because a handful of people like the new direction. It's not Resident Evil.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#4XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 2/11/2013 12:53:59 PM
We're easy to please, just go back to survival horror. See how easy that was?
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#5tevin1569Posted 2/11/2013 1:22:23 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
We're easy to please, just go back to survival horror. See how easy that was?

Only issue is they would lose new fans....They just can't win.
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#6ChelskiFan2Posted 2/11/2013 1:49:57 PM
*spit*, another call of duty player.
---
Carefree
#7tevin1569Posted 2/11/2013 1:53:49 PM
I hope you aren't meaning me..I can't stand COD..
---
"How about you come down here and I'll show you"- Ada Wong to Derek Simmons (RE6)
"I came to win"-Fly
#8edward18Posted 2/11/2013 1:55:09 PM
I'd be pleased if I got a classic-style game again thank you very much. I'd settle for 0.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9Elec_ManPosted 2/11/2013 3:40:12 PM
If "survival horror" as expressed in the first several games sold worse than the later entries in the series, why would they go back to it?
#10AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 2/11/2013 3:42:16 PM
Elec_Man posted...
If "survival horror" as expressed in the first several games sold worse than the later entries in the series, why would they go back to it?

Sold better than RE6, so far.
Cost 1/10th what RE6 did (or less).
More profit for less investment? Seems pretty good.
---
The Reclamation is resting >_>