some of you newer players don't know Ark Thompson

#11ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 2/13/2013 12:10:33 AM
It's truly unfortunate that some of the best ideas for the series were dumped into its weakest incarnation:

-The T-103 Tyrant mass production factory
-The T-Hypnos, most likely a prototype for a smaller infiltration-type Tyrant.
-Advanced B.O.W.s previously thought to be unique to Raccoon City: the black Lickers (Licker Kai or Evolved Licker, with an extra large claw) and the red Ivy (Ivy that mutated due to exposure to the P-Epsilon gas)

But most importantly, it is the game that introduced Umbrella's Under Taker unit:

http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles/Under-Taker
#12DetBeauregardPosted 2/13/2013 1:31:00 PM
In a similar fashion to the Chronicles games, if Survivor had the gameplay of RE4 or classic REs, it would have been a solid entry. The story was quite interesting.
#13TurduckenPosted 2/13/2013 1:34:40 PM
DAMNATION SPOILERS

I was hoping that Buddy in Damnation was actually Ark early on. Looked like him, and being one of Leon's buddies (literally) would've made his antagonist role for most of the movie interesting.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#14DetBeauregardPosted 2/13/2013 1:40:40 PM
Turducken posted...
I was hoping that Buddy in Damnation was actually Ark early on. Looked like him, and being one of Leon's buddies (literally) would've made his antagonist role for most of the movie interesting.

This was a popular theory leading up to the movie's release, but it wouldn't have made much sense. I think most of the characters from the spin-off games (Ark, Bruce, Fong Ling, the incredible main cast of Outbreak) will never return to the series.
#15TurduckenPosted 2/13/2013 1:50:13 PM
I'm sure a decent reason for his being there and motivations could have been written. It's been a long time since we last saw ole Ark. Long time for a lot to happen.

But I think the hope more stemmed from that very reason, that we rarely ever see side characters make a return. I was shocked when Sherry came back in 6. But instead of Ark making a return in Damnation, we get ANOTHER new character in Buddy.

To be fair, Buddy was a good character, and his story wrapped itself up so he really shouldn't return. But it would've been nice to see Ark again all the same.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#16FreakyFrancPosted 2/13/2013 3:52:45 PM
It is possible for Ark to return,he still work as a detective and still investigate, that reason is enough to use him again.

Also it is true that Ark need to be thanked for his actions,he is the one who helped in the destruction of the tyrant reproduction facility on Sheena island and he his the character who fought the most T-103 in one game.

Each encounter with a T-103 was a different one,it was not the same tyrant that showed up everytime,so if we count each one of them you can encounter in the game we get a total of near 14-15 (different) tyrants+ the hypno tyrant (final boss)in his 3 forms,all of that in 1 night,thats crazy.

I know i got the game i and the official strategy guide and i counted.
#17hunter_7289(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:09:29 PM
Don't worry everyone, I'm sure Ark will come back once the Hunters finally kill off the other main characters.

It may take until around RE 14 or 15, but it will be well worth the wait.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#18Delta0126Posted 2/14/2013 1:09:49 AM
hunter_7289 posted...
....or Hunter #4.

And that will be the downfall of the series.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/63865545

*still prefers Hunter #1.*
---
There is a Ghost in my attic and he says: "It's very dark up here...." ....Oh right....and he also says: "Boo."
#19BasementDudePosted 2/14/2013 1:11:20 AM
basement hunter > hunter 1 and 4 combined
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 220,362,247
#20AnimesetsunaPosted 2/14/2013 2:31:02 AM
Basement Dude kicks Ark away.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
Hanazawa Kana is my Goddess... Go! Go! HanaKana (@w@)