My Top Theory for Why People Like Leon Over Chris

#1OverCasanovaPosted 2/13/2013 9:02:34 PM
Before I start, personally my favourite character is Claire, and tem after that Chris because he is Claire's brother and hes hot/badass.

Majority of the people who like Leon over Chris.. I believe started with Resident Evil 4. Their first Resident Evil game. Let's be honest. Although not my favourite game it was very well received. Or people who have been playing the games since the beginning may have really liked the game. Now because of the games mechanics. Revolutionizing gameplay for that time etc. It really highlighted Leon. Now let's say in this case, the newbie resident evil player was thinking. Wow resi 4 was great. I should try the first one now and work my way up. They will be severely dissapointed because what they start with is the blocky 1996 Resident Evil 1, as REmake is a Nintendo exclusive. So they will play the first Resident Evil someway somehow. See how gross it is as they are used to the next gen graphics, and see how slow paced and challenging it is. As Resident Evil 4 and after that was pretty straight forward. Psychologically if you enjoyed Re4 more at this point like I said it really highlighted so people will love his bad assery unless his ugly hair kills it for the player like it does for me.

Now that the new players are turned off by the old style games because they are chunky, blocky and tooo slow paced. They will only buy the new games. So then Resi 5 comes out. Oh man. Now EVERYONE complains because Resi 5 is almost a rehash gameplay wise of Resi 4 (personally i like Re5 better, but i'm not against the idea stated of how it is a rehash of re4 to an extent) therefore, people (the new players) will complain about that and then hate Chris even more and think he's copying Leon. On top of that the new players might have never even tried the games prior to Re4 and just think Leon is the main character like Link is in all the main Zelda games etc. so Leon lovers are now pissed that Chris is the lead and they hate him for that.

As for people who have played Re truly since the beginning like myself. I believe they respect every characters although still have their favourites.

I could go on about this but I think I got the idea across.

Oh and PS: to all the people who say "Leon's bad ass cuz he got through a laser room"

Chris & Jill both did the same thing in 2003, with way less room and it looked way cooler, in the Umbrella Chronicles T.A.L.O.S scenario. A year before Leon did it.
#2OverCasanova(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:04:15 PM
And cuz 2 was mostly to all, the best in the series. So people still like Leon more.
#3Cronus_skyePosted 2/13/2013 9:07:08 PM
Personally Leon is my favorite and yes, I have played all the other Resident Evil's from 0 to 6. Including Code Veronica, Gaiden, Dead Aim (Still haven't beat it yet, working on it.), Survivor, and Outbreak Series.
I can relate to Leon's character tough decisions, girl issues, and doing whats right over what you wanna do. Just yeah....Although don't get me wrong Chris is a cool character and have loads of respect for him. Just prefer Leon over Chris.
#4Ryan-06Posted 2/13/2013 9:09:41 PM
tldr.

But its the hair, and the shampoo. I use the same brand. :)
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
Some white girls melt me like a Particle Rifle i.imgur.com/0Eo5m2h.jpg
#5OverCasanova(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:12:00 PM
Cronus_skye posted...
Personally Leon is my favorite and yes, I have played all the other Resident Evil's from 0 to 6. Including Code Veronica, Gaiden, Dead Aim (Still haven't beat it yet, working on it.), Survivor, and Outbreak Series.
I can relate to Leon's character tough decisions, girl issues, and doing whats right over what you wanna do. Just yeah....Although don't get me wrong Chris is a cool character and have loads of respect for him. Just prefer Leon over Chris.

You sir. I respect what you said!
#6ArchiantagonistPosted 2/13/2013 9:38:38 PM(edited)
OverCasanova posted...
...because he is Claire's brother and hes hot/badass.

*headdesk* stopped reading there

On Topic

I like Leon, cos' I consider him to be the manliest char in the series.
I know folks around like to make fun of his hair, but I think that it's the very idea of the char
Unobvious inner strength that comes from the person who does not look like a tough guy, but he is.

I still remember reading some old interview with char designers,
where it was said that if Chris was initially made as a typical blockbuster movie hero,
then Leon's idea was - "survival instinct incarnate"

Chris is an obvious physical powerhouse, but often acts like PMS-ing teen.
I don't hate him, but I never was his biggest fan(even though I think
that should have been an obvious choice for me, since I was an army man for quite some time)

It almost looks like devs accidentally switched their personalities and visual appearances
with each other.
Kinda funny...and a bit weird, I guess
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#7sbn4Posted 2/13/2013 10:00:09 PM
I like both but prefer Chris.

Damnation really made me like Leon's character again.

But to me Chris is the most human/normal character in the series. His jaded monologues make perfect sense given years of strife. He's emotional at times, reckless, and requires support to see things through. He's an imperfect person who has been fightinf for a long time.

Sure he isn't a cocky one liner spewing guy, but I prefer him serious. It sets him apart from Leon.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#8edward18Posted 2/13/2013 10:00:49 PM
Leon was just as annoying as ever in Damnation.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9sbn4Posted 2/13/2013 10:09:01 PM
And you're annoying in general but we tolerate you.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10therapgamedudePosted 2/13/2013 10:11:19 PM
His HAIR is awesome!
---
PSN: Sleepinfireheart
@xxxxxx$:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>